First Diamond Supporter!

According to a recent tweet, PoE now has 10 Diamond Pack supporters!

https://twitter.com/#!/pathofexile/status/188502509143330817.
I'm going to necro this thread slightly because I've only JUST now found it. Amazing.

By my count, we're up to almost 30 Diamond Supporters.

Can I be the first to ask: did ANYONE see that many coming?

I expected to be pretty unique for at least a day or two. Nope. Not even close. And by now I'm just one of many.

This is really amazing stuff.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
i don't want to spoil all these "amazing 10 diamond supporters already!1" posts but have you guys any idea how much money 200k$ is for a gaming company which exists since 2006?
my guess is this money didn't bring them even near a balanced budget considering the working hours they all spent to the game since.
Last edited by cronus on May 25, 2012, 10:49:01 AM
It's more money than they had, and it let's 'em know that folks do support 'em. And will. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
It doesn't make any difference to think about "Oh, but they've been developing this game since 2006, so that's not a lot of money in those terms," because that really doesn't matter.

We were only able to contribute beginning in April. And I'm one of those who wish I could support more than I can. I'd really like that silver pack that the Silvers here were saying was "all" they could afford to do, hehe. And not just for the stuff and title, but because damn it, GGG has to succeed with this game!

Yes, GGG has put out a lot more money over the years than they've made back, but give it time. 30 Diamonds now?

To answer Charan's question, when I first saw that as an option, I thought we might see 5 or 6. Never thirty, and there are sure to be more by the time the game goes open in July or so (yes, they did say that it most likely won't be June, so we should adjust our mental calendars).

By now that $200k is definitely over $400k and maybe even pushing $500k. And it's not even open yet. Yeah, it's a hell of a risk putting a project like this together. But I think this community wants what GGG is trying to give us, and will continue supporting to make sure they have a chance to do it.
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Jun 2, 2012, 12:30:57 AM
How wonderful to see 30 diamond supporters of this game

How ever

30 supporters equals 30,000

est. so far donated 400,000

so 370,000 came from non-diamond supporters.

So do not ever think that your 10 dollars does not count. It all adds up in the end.
would love to get my hands on a beta key :P
"
sw33troll wrote:
would love to get my hands on a beta key :P

LOL, Now is that an ironic comment or what. This thread is all about donating and this guy asks for a free key. Do what everyone in this thread has done and donate $10, It all counts to help develop this game
.....And that's all I have to say about that.
"
Kalavaras wrote:
People are getting public respect 'cause they're handing crazy amounts of money for a game that's playable "completely free of charge"?

Sad to see GGG decided to drown like this. Everyone knows Diablo3 will dominate the hack n slash genre without any doubt and only the rebels who want to fight against the big companies will stay here and throw away money to get cool ingame pets. Hell, even the Diablo3's RMAH looks better than PoE does now.

Enjoy your sinking ship fellas. I'm off to hand all my money to Kotick.

He also doesn't realize how much better Path of Exile is with such limited content in CB, then Diablo 3 is RIGHT now.

I don't see how people with a negative attitude such as yourself even get off nowadays.

well played... ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info