[3.8]Champion Impale TS/Barrage | Leveling guide

Going to buy a +2 base helm and fossil craft it. Ideally should I aim for nearby enemies to physical damage/high Hp and fortify, or is fortify just convenient if it rolls but just the other 2 and maybe an empty slot to craft Res.

Gonna spam jagged/pristine/dense on a resonator

also why are most people opting to craft of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Fire Damage on the free prefix on the helm. Guessing thats to have ur 75%+ fire res null some additional damage
Last edited by Bob123aka on Jul 18, 2019, 3:43:15 AM
"
Bob123aka wrote:
Going to buy a +2 base helm and fossil craft it. Ideally should I aim for nearby enemies to physical damage/high Hp and fortify, or is fortify just convenient if it rolls but just the other 2 and maybe an empty slot to craft Res.

Gonna spam jagged/pristine/dense on a resonator

also why are most people opting to craft of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Fire Damage on the free prefix on the helm. Guessing thats to have ur 75%+ fire res null some additional damage

Tsk, you guys are so rich. Yeah, phys hit taken as fire is a straight reduction to phys damage. Basically we have 76% fire res (+1 max on tree) so that's 76% * 8% = 6% reduced phys damage taken (hit only), which is huge
I feel squishy with this build my clearspeed is great but my barrage damage seems not imba any tips for me ?

my ing is killwitches
Anyone thinks that Inspirational is not really worth the 4th point? I think it adds around 5% impale effect and unless you can fit some aura into the build, it means nothing much.

On the other hand, First to Strike, Last to Fall seems attractive if we manually trigger Adrenaline every 20s. Even Conqueror seems better, defensively, as it adds 16% damage reduction (which combines with fortify means almost 40% reduction).

Anyone tried?

"
Killhard wrote:
I feel squishy with this build my clearspeed is great but my barrage damage seems not imba any tips for me ?

Why didn't you take point blank? It's like 50% more damage lol.

An extra lion's eye (near iron grip) will be nice but I do not think it makes or breaks the build.

Surely you have not obtained all the end game things like WE or 2nd curse but those are extravagant. I believe you can delete bosses with just point blank.

Squishiness is probably from lack of life and you need to move often as a ranged build. You will often die if you try to tank/point blank barrage rares. I started to work more on my footwork and my death rate reduced dramatically.

Also, legion rares are fucking dangerous, it's a league overtune thing, not this build problem.
Just killed Uber Elder in 2min deathless with this build. I opted for tombfist w/o Vuln and not +1 curse amulet/chest. I think build w/o them is just fine and lil cheaper. I'm pushing delve atm and it's a charm. I post u my items so u can see this variation, still on lvl 92 so my life is't 5k+ but i'll get there and imma try to improve my rings/jewels in the near future, the plan is to get more flat phys damage rolls.

Also i was thinking about removing summon stone golem and add Maim Support on the skill gem setup with Pride, Precision and Flesh and Stone. Any feedback?
Last edited by SChieco on Jul 18, 2019, 11:21:28 AM
"
mdructor wrote:
edit ^: thanks. i thought damage on full life seemed likely, im going to try it out for a while

Im also finishing this crafted helm, do you think projectiles pierce is the best craft to finish or maybe phys damage taken as fire?

EDIT:

Do NOT go pierce. I was in the same situation as you and wasted 2 ex. The clear once I removed it was so much better without it. Also, you will lose the ability to hit bosses with the fork projectiles when using barrage.
Spoiler
"
wiwigvn wrote:
Anyone thinks that Inspirational is not really worth the 4th point? I think it adds around 5% impale effect and unless you can fit some aura into the build, it means nothing much.

On the other hand, First to Strike, Last to Fall seems attractive if we manually trigger Adrenaline every 20s. Even Conqueror seems better, defensively, as it adds 16% damage reduction (which combines with fortify means almost 40% reduction).

Anyone tried?

"
Killhard wrote:

Why didn't you take point blank? It's like 50% more damage lol.

An extra lion's eye (near iron grip) will be nice but I do not think it makes or breaks the build.

Surely you have not obtained all the end game things like WE or 2nd curse but those are extravagant. I believe you can delete bosses with just point blank.

Squishiness is probably from lack of life and you need to move often as a ranged build. You will often die if you try to tank/point blank barrage rares. I started to work more on my footwork and my death rate reduced dramatically.

Also, legion rares are fucking dangerous, it's a league overtune thing, not this build problem.

I also run pride and precision, so those auras get a nice buff from it. Also frees up some mana and gives move speed which the build desperately needs.
Hey have a question on MANA. The POB shows you having nice amount of mana unreserved but I am having trouble having a quarter of the mana pool at the same time. I also have mana on items and you have none.. you don´t even have mana on tree.. whats up with that?

edit: OOOH... right, the last Ascendancy point takes Banner reservation out, gives nice life regen and a decent extra movement speed buff. :)
Mathils actual cat
Last edited by HDTanel on Jul 18, 2019, 2:23:36 PM
what fossils/essences do i need to craft the helmet with "nearby enemies take 9% inc phys dmg"?
"
VantsLoL wrote:
what fossils/essences do i need to craft the helmet with "nearby enemies take 9% inc phys dmg"?

Jagged fossil for phys mod and pristine for life mod

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info