[3.8]Champion Impale TS/Barrage | Leveling guide

this build is so awesome. i rly like the tanky bow playstyle.

The only problem i'm facing: Barrage feels so unreliable and yes I stand literllay 1 step away from the enemy.
Sometimes I'm hitting with 2 * barrages and kill a T15 boss with it, but sometimes I didn't even realy hit with 4-5 barrages and die. Hit chance is not maxed but with 98% hit and 93% vs evasive monsters shouldnt cause so much trouble.

Any suggestions? Do I miss something?
Does this build intimidate? (assuming u dont use the intimidate champion passive)

have a double pride watchers eye so was thinking about using it for this build
If you use tombfist yes.
can also intimidate with a lethal pride which makes gearing a little more flexible
Last edited by crazypearce on Jul 21, 2019, 5:29:27 PM
Which skill MTX’ would look good with this build?

Also, any ps4 players here that have tried the build? How are the prices for recommended gear, is it obtainable? Not able to access my ps4 for some days.
"
coryu wrote:

The only problem i'm facing: Barrage feels so unreliable and yes I stand literllay 1 step away from the enemy.
Sometimes I'm hitting with 2 * barrages and kill a T15 boss with it, but sometimes I didn't even realy hit with 4-5 barrages and die. Hit chance is not maxed but with 98% hit and 93% vs evasive monsters shouldnt cause so much trouble.

The build is fairly low crit so if you get unlucky / don't have diamond flask up you could go 5-6 barrages without critting and each cast that doesn't crit is less than 1/4th the damage of a crit. If you crit on the first cast though it feels great cause the next 9 impales are also super juiced
"
Imeperfection wrote:
"
coryu wrote:

The build is fairly low crit so if you get unlucky / don't have diamond flask up you could go 5-6 barrages without critting and each cast that doesn't crit is less than 1/4th the damage of a crit. If you crit on the first cast though it feels great cause the next 9 impales are also super juiced

So, that's what it was. I thought it's weird that sometimes I can "oneshot" bosses, but sometimes I need to barrage for a while on those same bosses (probably when I am out of flasks). Never thought that diamond flask can change the game so much.

So it means that + base crit chance (corruption and serrated fossil) may be more important to ensure dps stability?

btw glad to have you back with us thanks for the uber effective build!

So I'll try to get higher crit! Ty for the reply Imeperfection
Maybe someone want to buy this super one +) But dont know realy the price. Maybe offer. Sorry for trading.
Just killed my first uber elder, wiped my first attempt learning mechanics, but my 2nd go lost only 1 portal. Obviously this can be improved with better gems, more accuracy, and perhaps swapping to an astral plate to get a bit tankier. Overall this is the most over powered build I've played. maybe ever; Been playing since late legacy league. With the availability of currency this league, its amazing how affordable this build is if you're willing to turn your brain to much doing some glaciers. 10/10

Gear below
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info