Legion Class Statistics

grats on completely killing witch , instead of bringing other parts of the trees and ascendancies to be in line with it.

please balance the game instead of hamfisting us into playing a specific side of the tree.

"
Exile009 wrote:

Pathfinder yes (although Pathfinder will never be everyone's cup of tea since a lot of players don't much care for piano playing while gaming). But Inquisitor has lost a lot of what he had going for him thanks to the general powercreep - of plentiful ele penetration availability in his case (Raider has suffered the same - both classes were never nerfed, just that their special sauce is no longer as special). And Assassin doesn't have much else going for him than just easy crit, which you can do on other classes as well (and his unique poison stacking thing, which only a small niche uses). It's worth noting that Assassin, along with Raider and Ascendant, is now one of the only remaining classes they haven't reworked yet. I'd expect 3.8 to focus on them to complete the process.

I'm under the impression that Raider is definitely on the 3.8 list though I don't have a source and may be just wishful thinking. I like a cyclone raider due to raider having essentially always on Onslaught + frenzy charges which is a supercharger for cyclone. If Evasion gets a bit of a buff or Evasion + Dodge and if cyclone avoids the mega nerf hammer, then fun.
"
Mythreindeer wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

Pathfinder yes (although Pathfinder will never be everyone's cup of tea since a lot of players don't much care for piano playing while gaming). But Inquisitor has lost a lot of what he had going for him thanks to the general powercreep - of plentiful ele penetration availability in his case (Raider has suffered the same - both classes were never nerfed, just that their special sauce is no longer as special). And Assassin doesn't have much else going for him than just easy crit, which you can do on other classes as well (and his unique poison stacking thing, which only a small niche uses). It's worth noting that Assassin, along with Raider and Ascendant, is now one of the only remaining classes they haven't reworked yet. I'd expect 3.8 to focus on them to complete the process.

I'm under the impression that Raider is definitely on the 3.8 list though I don't have a source and may be just wishful thinking. I like a cyclone raider due to raider having essentially always on Onslaught + frenzy charges which is a supercharger for cyclone. If Evasion gets a bit of a buff or Evasion + Dodge and if cyclone avoids the mega nerf hammer, then fun.

There's loads of ways to generate Frenzy charges. Blood Rage even gives your Cyclone more attack speed and leech (and there's other on-hit mechanics for keeping them up on bosses). As for Onslaught, it's available on a flask, on Abyss jewels and in 3.7 they've even given us the nice Graceful Assault node south of Duelist. Although a lot of that was there before - the real killer of Raider Onslaught (since, after all, hers is supercharged) is the reworked Daresso's Defiance. It gives super Onslaught to everyone, similar to how Offering To The Serpent gives Slayer leech to everyone BUT Daresso's is FAR easier to acquire.
Last edited by Exile009 on Jun 24, 2019, 7:40:38 AM
Should work on buffing the classes that no one obviously cares about, lol...
Make a more balanced game imo.
The item is yours when it is in your bag.
"
Mythreindeer wrote:
Why does one dominant skill per league impact your fun?
It for sure skews the price of items that specific build favours. Compare price of Devotos last season and this. If there wasn't "1 build to rule it all" the prices of items would be more spread around.
and again these numbers show that ggg has no clue about balancing !!!
"
Ushela wrote:
Should work on buffing the classes that no one obviously cares about, lol...
Make a more balanced game imo.

'Balance' is not the sole reason for some of those classes. For instance, the Guardian consistently comes bottom of the list league after league, but that isn't because he's weak - in fact, he's very strong at what he does. It's because what he does are archetypes that most players don't find appealing to play (for instance, support builds / aurabots) and so they'll always avoid using him. Similarly, both Saboteur and Necromancer are tied to specific playstyles that aren't everyone's cup of tea and so only show highly at times when those builds are heavily promoted (such as in Incursion).

Contrast this with much more generalist ascendancies like Raider and Assassin, and you know which ones are actually underperforming. So I'd say we ought to be careful judging by these stats - some ascendancies just aren't ever going to be top dog, and that's both expected and okay. They only need to be good at their particular niche in order to be balanced.
Last edited by Exile009 on Jun 24, 2019, 7:56:19 AM
"
Sirais01 wrote:

Or maybe their meta-shifting is intentional? It sure makes each league feel significantly different, and that helps excite a lot of players (even if it does piss off some others).
Last edited by Exile009 on Jun 24, 2019, 7:55:06 AM
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Sirais01 wrote:

Or maybe their meta-shifting is intentional? It sure makes each league feel significantly different, and that helps excite a lot of players (even if it does piss off some others).

That might be ok to a point, but it's in danger of moving (or is already doing so) to the D3 model where a few things are buffed to create seasonal metas while balance otherwise goes out the window.

Don't get lazy devs, design the game you want everyone to play, not just the FoTM followers.
"
Now, before we move into the Solo Self-found and console stats, it is worth mentioning that these numbers don't always equate to how powerful a class pick is. The Elementalist was extremely unpopular immediately after its rework, and it took a couple leagues for players to realise what a powerhouse it could be.

Wrong, it equate how powerful a class is, because you forgot to mention that one of the reasons for the numbers of elementalist went down is because it got nerfed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info