0.10.3b Patch Notes

My problem with the map drop rate is, that the easy mods give you more drop rate.

First class mods: (effectively increasing drop rate)
Maze, Larger Area, Pack Size

Second class mods: (effectively increasing drop quality, as far as I understood?)
More Rare Monster, More Magic Monsters

All other mods that make the map more difficult, effect only item drop. (hope i didn't forget one here)

So here is my suggestion: Do it the other way around. Introduce a new quality named "Map Drop Rate". Increased Pack Size or Larger Area should REDUCE this value, by exactly the same amount. That evens out the gain. They are still worthwhile attributes because you will get more item drops from the map this way, while not increasing it's difficulty.

However, all attributes that increase the difficulty of a map, like Increased Damage, or No Regen, should increase the map drop rate along with the item drop rate.

Why this change: Currently, everyone is aiming for the easy map mods, cause they are not only easy and fast to rush through, they also give you the best chances of map dropping. Using my implementation, people would aim to get the higher difficulty mods. This is good because of 2 things. First of all, it makes sense that a harder map provides a higher reward (not only in terms item-droprates). The 2nd effect is, that people will aim for diversity. Naturally, a player using blood magic will have next to no problem having this mod, while for others it is hell. So while for the typical LA Ranger a Blood Magic and +75% Cold Resist mod would be 2 nice mods to play, (though hard to get if aimed for), it would be next to impossible for a cold witch.
It has to be well balanced of course, so that mods like More Monster Damage give you a greater Map % gain than Monster Resists Cold, because Increased Monster Damage has a much greater impact and effects next to any build there is.

I hope you get the idea.
Last edited by Sjeg on Mar 15, 2013, 8:16:05 AM
A few things on drops seem to need some tweaking whether its maps or anything else. The drops are far too often too many levels under the characters level. Higher level and unique monsters should have a higher drop rate for rare and uniques than they currently do. Higher level zones should equal better drops and this clearly is not the case consistently as I have noticed lower level zones producing better drops than zones 5 levels above or more.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Maps should be like the crafting mats, can trade up some lower quality maps for a higher quality map, all the way up to the best maps.

Just my opinion.
Maps:
Recipe: 3 maps with same name
Reward: 1 map 1 level higher
Finder: paradox404

Recipe: 1 normal + 1 magic + 1 rare map of the same name and level
Reward: Random unidentified magic map 1 level higher
Finder: Covert

Recipe: 3 rare maps of the same name and level
Reward: Random unidentified rare map 1 level higher
Finder: Covert
This game mage build is powerful they can have more hp, more damage, bigger aoe, out range enemy, my most concern is no accuracy nerf.
Map as it is right now is just a form of pay to play...
Once again, another patch ends in my game crashing. Only this time it took a couple days. Yesterday the game was working fine and now I try to log in....another crash. I'm tired of reinstalling this game every week just to get to work. I understand it's open beta but again, I'm here complaining about another patch that fails. Anyone else having the same problem every week like me? Any solutions? And for the love of god dont give me the typical nerd response like "uninstall now newb!".
Since 0.10.3c
I am actually really seeing map drops in docks !!
I do not know what happened,another "real" increase in the latest patch?
anyway its dropping now :P
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
Since 0.10.3c
I am actually really seeing map drops in docks !!
I do not know what happened,another "real" increase in the latest patch?
anyway its dropping now :P

Since it's still rng, u must be lucky. The past 5 days I did around 30 docks runs and 2 complete Lunaris runs (all levels) and not a single map dropped.

It would be nice to actually be able to explore this endgame content without having to work a week for even not 1 drop.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info