0.10.3b Patch Notes

"
KarraKurri wrote:
Spoiler
I cant even imagine how someone (especially game developers) can think that gating content behind RNG is good design.

Imagine World Of Warcraft with roll 1-100 when you enter zone and if you roll <50 yuo are kicked from server for 15 min. Or D2LOD where you must do 50 travincal runs to allow you run Mephisto 5 times (MAYBE because its RNG you know)...
Because its the same like in PoE (if you out of luck you CANT play this content - go somewhere else or unninstall)
RNG is RNG hardores! I sure you will enjoy that yea? RNG is so fun!

The maps system will never by enjoyable with that heavy RNG. NEVER.
I always said this that white maps should be in vendors inventories with steadily progressive prices. It will not kill the game. Trust me. You want gate content? Gate it with expensive vendor price not idiotic RNG. It will have another side effect - it will add PURPOSE for grind for high lvl players.

Item drops via RNG? why not. Crits, item procs, all this stuff? Ofc! its HnS! But RNG based content? TERRIBLE IDEA.

Srsly i really hope that GGG will change the way of thinking is some areas of the game.

Or another idea: Instead of crappy alteration shards why not make items with ilvl 50+ (or even 60+) gives "maps fragments" instead? Combine 20/30/40/xx map fragments to create full map. It will make another MEGA BORING part of them game (vendoring) a little more fun and rewarding.

Srsly.. there are countless possibilities to make this system more fun and player friendly.. instead GGG will choose way with RNG gating.... oh why oh why? You have BRILLIANT system and you make so hard to enjoy it. What design reasoning is behind this? i cant imagine tbh.

Another idea: Game needs GEM SINK (and its promised 6 months ago - still nothing) - combine gem sink with map fragments somehow. For example LEVELED gems from cruel/mercilles+ (not normal to avoid rushing quests and abusing) can give map fragments at vendors etc....

tl;dr version: waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh wah wahhhhh
"
oranged wrote:
"
KarraKurri wrote:
Spoiler
I cant even imagine how someone (especially game developers) can think that gating content behind RNG is good design.

Imagine World Of Warcraft with roll 1-100 when you enter zone and if you roll <50 yuo are kicked from server for 15 min. Or D2LOD where you must do 50 travincal runs to allow you run Mephisto 5 times (MAYBE because its RNG you know)...
Because its the same like in PoE (if you out of luck you CANT play this content - go somewhere else or unninstall)

I always said this that white maps should be in vendors inventories with steadily progressive prices. It will not kill the game. Trust me. You want gate content? Gate it with expensive vendor price not idiotic RNG. It will have another side effect - it will add PURPOSE for grind for high lvl players.

Item drops via RNG? why not. Crits, item procs, all this stuff? Ofc! its HnS! But RNG based content? TERRIBLE IDEA.

Srsly i really hope that GGG will change the way of thinking is some areas of the game.

Or another idea: Instead of crappy alteration shards why not make items with ilvl 50+ (or even 60+) gives "maps fragments" instead? Combine 20/30/40/xx map fragments to create full map. It will make another MEGA BORING part of them game (vendoring) a little more fun and rewarding.

Srsly.. there are countless possibilities to make this system more fun and player friendly.. instead GGG will choose way with RNG gating.... oh why oh why? You have BRILLIANT system and you make so hard to enjoy it. What design reasoning is behind this? i cant imagine tbh.

Another idea: Game needs GEM SINK (and its promised 6 months ago - still nothing) - combine gem sink with map fragments somehow. For example LEVELED gems from cruel/mercilles+ (not normal to avoid rushing quests and abusing) can give map fragments at vendors etc....

tl;dr version: waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh wah wahhhhh

That was all 'growed up' now.

Wasn't it?
Casually casual.

"
KarraKurri wrote:
Spoiler

Ok for real though, this is open beta. The game isn't finished, this doesn't count as their real end game, they just added something in to give players something to do while they finish their game. Let them finish their game first.
"
oranged wrote:
"
KarraKurri wrote:
Spoiler

Ok for real though, this is open beta. The game isn't finished, this doesn't count as their real end game, they just added something in to give players something to do while they finish their game. Let them finish their game first.

And indeed with feedback from players (beta testers), they will.
Casually casual.

Am I the only one that thinks chests dropping a few more items was a good thing?

Oh, and GGG, put more "mega" chests (the big golden ones) in maps.
"
Chris wrote:
"
nockitsch wrote:
Some of us cannot join "The Docks" and "Ethernal Laboratory" anymore and the client crashes. Any news about that? worked fine before patch. There is a thread in the bug forum about this.

My understanding is that this due to an ISP caching bad old version of files and that patching through a VPN will solve it. (If it repatches them each time you run the game then this is definitely the case)

It keeps happening to a friend, he ran PackCheck which says everything is fine, and his client isn't trying to repatch at all.

Any suggestion on how to fix it?
IGN: EthInvictus

Trading Forums Enhancer: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/244736
"
zankioh wrote:
I guess people got what they whined for

yeah because it so cool to farm 30 docks to have 1 lvl66 map drop....
seriously...lol
When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself
"
yuriy wrote:
"
I understand this behaviour, is just I don't feel the same (I see people complaining after doing 5 runs and not fidngin maps, and they even said they are using 200 IIQ LOL, they have to read mechanics and whinning less I guess).

well, i know that IIQ doesnt affect map drops inside maps...

but does it affect map drops on a regular locations?? lunaris/solaris/docks....

no it does not
or at least i haven't found a single one,not even after the patch
"
oranged wrote:
"
KarraKurri wrote:
Spoiler

That's why they need feedback, to finish the game. And commenting about the game is one way to get some feedback.
IGN: StN_
"
IceLancerSR wrote:
"
yuriy wrote:
"
I understand this behaviour, is just I don't feel the same (I see people complaining after doing 5 runs and not fidngin maps, and they even said they are using 200 IIQ LOL, they have to read mechanics and whinning less I guess).

well, i know that IIQ doesnt affect map drops inside maps...

but does it affect map drops on a regular locations?? lunaris/solaris/docks....

no it does not
or at least i haven't found a single one,not even after the patch

U must be very unlucky :D
i've got some before and after the patch, but still, 3-5 hours of grinding shitty locations to get 1 map that u will finish in 5-15 minutes seems stupid...
ign:
Perandus SC: Chthonian_ 87+ flamme totam x2
GIMP_shdw, shadow 90+ clawtank
_FIRE_IN_THE_HOLE_, witch 96+ mjollnir

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info