"
Leveling Items
1: 2x Brightbeak (Weapons)

Aren't these level 20 required?

He meant Redbeak
Hey, me again. Just reached 68. A few things:
- AoE is kind of meh. You can boost this by
1. use Pulverise instead of Added Fire for Cyclone
2. whirl in Sand Stance and switch to Blood Stance for harder rares/bosses where you don't need the AoE
3. take Amplify in the Templar area
4. take the AoE nodes in the Scion area ("next" to Potency of Will) which are boosted by Might of the Meek, partly by both of them.

With these changes one can reach a range of 35 in Sand Stance (37 with 21/20 Cyclone, 38 if you also take the 2nd small node in Templar area). FYI, 21/0 gives more range than 20/20 (and higher damage).
- For faster leaps take Cull with quality. Should help when moving from pack to pack. If you have 155 Dex you can take Phase Run with Increased Duration, I'd keep a skill to get over gaps as 1L though. I personally don't have enough Dex, otherwise I'd socket it in a heartbeat.
- I have a lot of free sockets at the moment. Vaal Warchief Totem lvl 1 with Increased Duration boosts the damage A LOT - just place it when you need the extra damage.
- I suspect no regen maps will be a problem as we don't leech mana. Either use the expensive 1ex enchant or play with a 5L (i.e. remove one socket for the map). If you have a better suggestion I'm all ears (I don't want to spend 1ex for this convenience yet).
- The vengeance setup with two different golems does not work for me as I'd like to. I have two Ice golems, no chaos golem. Did this work for you? CWDT uses a specific order to execute the gems, this is the same for CoC it seems. How do you get two different golems? Don't know what was the issue, it works correctly now.

Side note: when playing this build I noticed how much I'd missed shatter effects and Automaton HoA which you can't have with the current Impale phys meta. That's a nice touch.
Last edited by olsev_baiden on Jul 1, 2019, 1:59:46 AM
I made it to lv 84 and it's been smooth sailing all the way. I did a molten strike (linked with ancestral call and whatever) to start, which while nerfed, is still easy mode for getting to lv 28. I did first and second labyrinth about 5 levels early. The next two were done at level. All of them were easy. Hitting maps I was able to dive to T10-12 maps quickly, ignoring the mods. I basically need some map drops to push it further. Delve is super easy so far to. My gear is still terrible overall. I've only put in about 70c total for the staff, a better rare -7 cost ring, and crappy corrupted 5L chest with some tolerable stats. I've got cyclone 6L running in the staff (which should be running in a 6L chest, due to the easier color rolls for cast-on-crit 6L in the staff). Being able to hit so much content with well under 1EX of investment is great! There is still so much room to grow to. I really love how durable the build feels. It is a very relaxed playstyle. Tanky lawn mowing build!

"
olsev_baiden wrote:
2. whirl in Sand Stance and switch to Blood Stance for harder rares/bosses where you don't need the AoE
4. take the AoE nodes in the Scion area ("next" to Potency of Will) which are boosted by Might of the Meek, partly by both of them.

Not sure if You noticed it or not, but the build does get +15% AoE from Pure Talent jewel once you've connected the Marauder area. I ended up with +9% AoE on a crappy helm and with those two bonuses on sand stance, I find the AoE to be enough in most cases. I'll lose the helm bonus soon though and I'd really like a bit more AoE for wide open maps. I noticed some Staff attack speed/AoE nodes up near the top of the tree, close to the 3 pt jewel node with the elemental damage minors leader to it. I'm curious about those AoE nodes you mention boosted by MoM. That sounds interesting. I'll probably just sacrifice some damage for Amplify though once I hit lv 90 and put a some time into optimization. I think Amplify will be the best bang for the buck with that extra AoE damage, but I'll have to verify in PoB. 2 pts for 20% AoE and 20% area damage is going to be hard to beat.
"
Lemabelle wrote:

Not sure if You noticed it or not, but the build does get +15% AoE from Pure Talent jewel once you've connected the Marauder area.

Yep, I didn't note it bc it's already used in Liggles tree, just wrote down additional possibilities.
The MotM boosted nodes give 20% Area damage and 24% AoE if you take all three nodes.
Last edited by olsev_baiden on Jul 1, 2019, 9:48:32 AM
"
olsev_baiden wrote:

With these changes one can reach a range of 35 in Sand Stance (37 with 21/20 Cyclone, 38 if you also take the 2nd small node in Templar area). FYI, 21/0 gives more range than 20/20 (and higher damage).
- For faster leaps take Cull with quality. Should help when moving from pack to pack. If you have 155 Dex you can take Phase Run with Increased Duration, I'd keep a skill to get over gaps as 1L though. I personally don't have enough Dex, otherwise I'd socket it in a heartbeat.
- I have a lot of free sockets at the moment. Vaal Warchief Totem lvl 1 with Increased Duration boosts the damage A LOT - just place it when you need the extra damage.
- I suspect no regen maps will be a problem as we don't leech mana. Either use the expensive 1ex enchant or play with a 5L (i.e. remove one socket for the map). If you have a better suggestion I'm all ears (I don't want to spend 1ex for this convenience yet).
- The vengeance setup with two different golems does not work for me as I'd like to. I have two Ice golems, no chaos golem. Did this work for you? CWDT uses a specific order to execute the gems, this is the same for CoC it seems. How do you get two different golems? Don't know what was the issue, it works correctly now.

Side note: when playing this build I noticed how much I'd missed shatter effects and Automaton HoA which you can't have with the current Impale phys meta. That's a nice touch.

Thanks for the suggestions; and yeah, one of the 'cons' I put on the build is as low AoE. I'd say it's manageable, just not as "fluid" as a slayer cyclone might be. Your suggestions are really good though - I might put some of these into the guide! I also notice you're using wave of conviction in your CoC setup - I was gonna do that too!

I've not had much issue in no regen maps, I just put in a mana flask instead of one of my DPS flasks (or even health flask)
Builds:
[3.7] Liggles' Immune Stormwall - crit/block staff cyclone | All content | Budget options
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2554720
"
nikidino8 wrote:
I tried spells and these are my leveling tips until lvl 28 and should be perfect for a league start:

Get hands on two of these with the gem setup inside:

You can get such wand by vendoring a magic wand with an cold ring and an alteration, sockets won't change.

The Frostbold setup is there to kill bosses (also use Frost Bomb) and you can replace Arcane Surge later with Controlled Destruction.

The Frostblink and Frost Bomb setup is there to clear enemies fast, you first place a Frost Bomb in a pack of monsters, Frostblink while being inside a pack and the Frost Bomb should finish them off.

Note:
This build is not a very fast and optimal league starter because of these reasons:
1. Getting a 6l Stormwall will be hard to find and very expensive.
2. Proccing a prophecy in a tier 10 map is very hard, because you either need to farm the map yourself or find someone who sells the map.

I would suggest this build as a very nice starter after 3 to 5 days have passed already.

These are really good suggestions - thanks so much! I might use them for my leveling guide when I get around to it :) (why must work exist, heh!). I probably agree re: fast league starter, but I think it'd be viable for anyone who isn't wanting a "power" league starter, who'd be a bit behind the curve - otherwise you're right - it'd be prudent to wait 3 to 5 days!
Builds:
[3.7] Liggles' Immune Stormwall - crit/block staff cyclone | All content | Budget options
"
Lemabelle wrote:
I made it to lv 84 and it's been smooth sailing all the way. I did a molten strike (linked with ancestral call and whatever) to start, which while nerfed, is still easy mode for getting to lv 28. I did first and second labyrinth about 5 levels early. The next two were done at level. All of them were easy. Hitting maps I was able to dive to T10-12 maps quickly, ignoring the mods. I basically need some map drops to push it further. Delve is super easy so far to. My gear is still terrible overall. I've only put in about 70c total for the staff, a better rare -7 cost ring, and crappy corrupted 5L chest with some tolerable stats. I've got cyclone 6L running in the staff (which should be running in a 6L chest, due to the easier color rolls for cast-on-crit 6L in the staff). Being able to hit so much content with well under 1EX of investment is great! There is still so much room to grow to. I really love how durable the build feels. It is a very relaxed playstyle. Tanky lawn mowing build!

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it! I haven't had a problem with any mods really so far - I don't even look at them if i'm honest (I don't recommend that for hardcore, though)
Builds:
Last edited by Liggles on Jul 1, 2019, 10:44:50 AM
"
Liggles wrote:
"
olsev_baiden wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions; and yeah, one of the 'cons' I put on the build is as low AoE. I'd say it's manageable, just not as "fluid" as a slayer cyclone might be. Your suggestions are really good though - I might put some of these into the guide! I also notice you're using wave of conviction in your CoC setup - I was gonna do that too!

I've not had much issue in no regen maps, I just put in a mana flask instead of one of my DPS flasks (or even health flask)

I do wish for more area effect too, POB doesn't show the motm bonus effect right? which nodes should i go next for more area?
"
alvincheng wrote:
"
Liggles wrote:
"
olsev_baiden wrote:

I do wish for more area effect too, POB doesn't show the motm bonus effect right? which nodes should i go next for more area?

I'd go for the amplify node near the templar start :)
Builds:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info