[3.10] Liggles' Immune Stormwall - crit/block staff cyclone | All content | HC

Hey there, I tried to play this build in HC, but it was terrible to level from 1 to 28, since there is no useful staff and no big phys increase in the tree to reach easily and early.

After you reach 28, equip Stormheart, Gifts from Above and get an item for
Cyclone - Fortify - Meele Phys - Infused Channeling.
This setup is very effective and I think playable until you reach lvl 60 for Stormwall, but since I died at lvl 49 because of Bleeding in The Ashen Fields (A7) I can't verify it.

I suggest playing a spell until you hit lvl 28

EDIT: Since you need to proc a prohecy in a yellow map to get the staff it is definitly not a good league starter.
Last edited by nikidino8 on Jun 26, 2019, 5:42:45 PM
"
alvincheng wrote:

I agree it's the 1HKO we should be prepared for. I'll try max Steelskin first.

I'll check how much mana unreserved I got and see if I can squeeze in anything.

How bout Watcher's eye to compliment precision, which mods would you prioritize?

Thank you!

They're all good! The flask one I think could be a "sleeper" - it would give permanent uptime on your flasks. I imagine in terms of raw dps, crit multi and AS would win out (?). I have to PoB it. It'd be a very very good addition to the build if you've got the currency for such a Watcher's Eye!
Builds:
[3.7] Liggles' Immune Stormwall - crit/block staff cyclone | All content | Budget options
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2554720
"
Mooginator wrote:
First, Liggles is awesome. Friendly and a very capable player. Second, this build is AWESOME, and I've taken Slayer & Champion Cyclone to 90+ and also done Zerker Cyclone. This is my favorite of all of them. The core reason is the mix of survivability with DPS and elemental damage (it's much more visually satisfying than pure phys). I'm currently L80 (made the character yesterday) and I've never had a single close call, emphasizing the fact it's hardcore viable. I also pull in well over 300M exp per map at L80. The build is fast. Waste Pools are your friend! While it doesn't have the AoE of Slayer (which is more than 2x in size) it just feels better with the damage combination of elemental paired with the HoA/HoP MTX.

So here's my leveling guide! Quick note - the DPS gets low around level 40-51 because we're using a L28 staff. Don't worry. When you switch to Martyr staff at 52 (for 8 levels until you can use your Stormwall) you won't have ANY DPS issues at all. Also, Molten Strike feels a bit clunky with a Staff. Don't worry, as soon as you hit 28 you switch to Cyclone and all is well.

Bandit: Kill All
Pantheon: Solaris/Shakari (Yugul for Shaper)
Temmplar(Inquisitor)->Witch(Elementalist->Path of Templar

Main: Cyclone+EDwA+Fort+FireDam+MPD+InfusedC
2H: Vengeance+Riposte+CoC+PurFlame || Chaos+Ice Golem
Gloves: FA+Leap
Boots: CWDT+MolShe+ID || EleWeak
Helm: Precision+HoA+HoP+BaS

Leveling Skills
Molten Strike + Ancestral Call + everything you use with Cyclone. Replace MS with Cyclone @ 28 and drop AC.

Leveling Items
1: 2x Brightbeak (Weapons)
1: Tabula Rasa (Chest)
1: Goldrim (Helm)
1: Lochtonial Caress (Gloves)
1: Wanderlust (Boots)
1: 2x Blackheart (Iron Rings)
5: Karui Ward (Amulet)
8: Meginord's Girdle (Belt)
13: Realmshaper (Staff)
22: Praxis (Ring)
24: Le Heup of All (Ring)
28: Stormheart (Staff)
28: Gifts from Above (Ring)
28: Daresso's Salute (Amulet - when switch to Cyclone)
35: Meganord's (Gloves)
52: Martyr of Innocence (Staff)
60: Stormwall (Staff)

Skill Progression
Constitution
Warrior's Blood
Steelwood Stance
Precision
Smashing Strikes
(Resistance Nodes)
Divine Judgment
Divine Wrath
Ophidian Aim
Blunt Trauma
One with the River
Serpent Stance
Purity of Flesh
Disembowling
Barbarism
2x Might of the Meek
(Nodes right of Warrior's Blood)
Transcendent Flesh Node
Endurance Node

Rest is health & Unnatural Instinct when you can afford it!

Thanks for much for this writeup! I'll add it to the guide and credit you :)
Builds:
[3.7] Liggles' Immune Stormwall - crit/block staff cyclone | All content | Budget options
"
nikidino8 wrote:
Hey there, I tried to play this build in HC, but it was terrible to level from 1 to 28, since there is no useful staff and no big phys increase in the tree to reach easily and early.

After you reach 28, equip Stormheart, Gifts from Above and get an item for
Cyclone - Fortify - Meele Phys - Infused Channeling.
This setup is very effective and I think playable until you reach lvl 60 for Stormwall, but since I died at lvl 49 because of Bleeding in The Ashen Fields (A7) I can't verify it.

I suggest playing a spell until you hit lvl 28

EDIT: Since you need to proc a prohecy in a yellow map to get the staff it is definitly not a good league starter.

So I posted this on /r/pathofexilebuilds in response to a poster there about how I'd approach leveling (generally) who had 30chaos to spend, but it explains how you can get the staff early.

"

Grab yourself one of these (stormheart) 6 linked, and buy the prophecy to upgrade it for 1alch: http://poe.trade/search/onarikatokikah (you're just getting the 6 link stormheart on the cheap, here, you'll be getting a non-linked stormwall for level 60)

Then, for level 60, also buy a pre-upgraded (unlinked) stormwall for (as of right now) 3 chaos, and use that to finish the story/get to the map you need to upgrade your 6link stormheart. You can use tabula for your 6link cyclone setup during story/white maps with the unlinked stormwall (the prophecy is in a t10 map - but that should be easily doable at a reasonable level if you just run it as a white map and go for the boss). Once you have the 6 link stormwall you can replace your tabula with a stat chest - e.g. a defensive astral plate.

You should have ~10c left over from that. That'll get you for leveling (and endgame):

Meginords gloves

Belt of the heavy deciever

Gifts from above

Goldrim's/Deidbell

Rare ring with -7 mana cost, or a praxis ring (also gives -mana)

You won't have Death's door and some the expensive jewels (they're not required/included in the budget PoB), so you'll need a bleed flask, but that's it. You can go the entire game without Death's door, and arguably have better boots, but I'm terrible at flask micro so I like not having to worry about bleed :)

You can then acquire currency as you progress towards uber elder. That setup should be fine well into red maps without a risk of dying.

I levelled slightly different to this myself as I did have currency (and wasn't expecting to write a guide while I was levelling - I'll finish my writeup for levelling properly this weekend when I have time =) )
Builds:
"
Liggles wrote:
"
alvincheng wrote:

How bout Watcher's eye to compliment precision, which mods would you prioritize?

Thank you!

They're all good! The flask one I think could be a "sleeper" - it would give permanent uptime on your flasks. I imagine in terms of raw dps, crit multi and AS would win out (?). I have to PoB it. It'd be a very very good addition to the build if you've got the currency for such a Watcher's Eye!

I like the flask option, but the prices...
For anyone starting out in this, a Praxis ring when you switch to cyclone at lv 28 is very important if you don't want to constantly pound a mana flask. I'm running with a mixed bag of whatever random uniques I had in my stash (2nd character this league), but taking the time to buy a Praxis proved critical. They're running 2-3 chaos right now, no doubt driven up a little from the popularity of cyclone.

Any advice on how to get the -7 mana cost on a rare ring later on? There isn't huge trade availability for rings with that mod AND the other mods we'd want. Getting the table craft recipe would be ideal. Is there a quicker way to get that? I've had a hard time searching for info on this... due to how crafting has changed over the patches. There is a ton of old information out there. It seems like we're basically depending on getting enough veiled rings to drop... possibly somehow relating to Elreon, who last time I played like a year ago, could just craft the mod. In that case, I'm guessing getting a craft service is the best answer unless there is some good way to work the syndicate stuff to target the craft.
Last edited by Lemabelle on Jun 27, 2019, 10:56:31 AM
"
Lemabelle wrote:
For anyone starting out in this, a Praxis ring when you switch to cyclone at lv 28 is very important if you don't want to constantly pound a mana flask. I'm running with a mixed bag of whatever random uniques I had in my stash (2nd character this league), but taking the time to buy a Praxis proved critical. They're running 2-3 chaos right now, no doubt driven up a little from the popularity of cyclone.

Any advice on how to get the -7 mana cost on a rare ring later on? There isn't huge trade availability for rings with that mod AND the other mods we'd want. Getting the table craft recipe would be ideal. Is there a quicker way to get that? I've had a hard time searching for info on this... due to how crafting has changed over the patches. There is a ton of old information out there. It seems like we're basically depending on getting enough veiled rings to drop... possibly somehow relating to Elreon, who last time I played like a year ago, could just craft the mod. In that case, I'm guessing getting a craft service is the best answer unless there is some good way to work the syndicate stuff to target the craft.

I totally agree on the praxis ring; it's invaluable QoL if you're running a 6link cyclone setup at level 28. To my knowledge, the recipe is just luck with the Syndicate - I make sure I do all the syndicate stuff in maps to try and get recipes for this reason. I guess you could also look on trade for cheap unveiled rings so you can chain unveil them yourself in search for the mod to craft yourself?

http://poe.trade/search/kitaduimamatan seems to have a few good rings at not too bad a price, but they're higher level (it's possible the -# mana cost of skills mod adds a minimum level req now?)
Builds:
"
Liggles wrote:
(it's possible the -# mana cost of skills mod adds a minimum level req now?)

I searched around a bit yesterday when I hit 28, mostly just pricing out gear pieces I'd need eventually. There just isn't much of a pool of mana cost rings for trade, so any with other goods stats get expensive fast. I notice they started around lv 40 or so. Praxis will be fine until I have to cap resists when starting maps. The ~40 life, ~40 combined resists, -7 mana cost rings were running ~15 chaos when I looked, and that's just sad. I've got a measly 2EX or so I can spend when I hit maps. Between 5 linking and the ring, that'll burn fast I expect. 6 links will have to wait.

I'm only running 4 link right now at lv 44ish, with about 5k tooltip dps which is plenty to streamroll at this level. Even so, with auras up, cyclone would drain my 30ish remaining mana in seconds. I could drop an aura or two, but I'd still be spamming mana flasks too often to be fun. Praxis ASAP is the best thing leveling.

I'm really liking the defensive balance of the build. I won't really know for sure how it will feel until I hit red maps, but it seems like it will be a very relaxed playstyle.
"
Lemabelle wrote:
"
Liggles wrote:
(it's possible the -# mana cost of skills mod adds a minimum level req now?)

I searched around a bit yesterday when I hit 28, mostly just pricing out gear pieces I'd need eventually. There just isn't much of a pool of mana cost rings for trade, so any with other goods stats get expensive fast. I notice they started around lv 40 or so. Praxis will be fine until I have to cap resists when starting maps. The ~40 life, ~40 combined resists, -7 mana cost rings were running ~15 chaos when I looked, and that's just sad. I've got a measly 2EX or so I can spend when I hit maps. Between 5 linking and the ring, that'll burn fast I expect. 6 links will have to wait.

I'm only running 4 link right now at lv 44ish, with about 5k tooltip dps which is plenty to streamroll at this level. Even so, with auras up, cyclone would drain my 30ish remaining mana in seconds. I could drop an aura or two, but I'd still be spamming mana flasks too often to be fun. Praxis ASAP is the best thing leveling.

I'm really liking the defensive balance of the build. I won't really know for sure how it will feel until I hit red maps, but it seems like it will be a very relaxed playstyle.

Yeah, I really like the fact I can "switch off" during maps (it's pretty cathartic at times) and don't have to read ANY map mods (I would if I was on HC, though, obviously!).

However, If you have 1 or 2 ex, you're good for red maps easily I think, and probably up to red elder/shaper with the currency you'd acquire doing those red maps. This is what I'd prioritise:

• A 6 link stormwall is 45c atm: http://poe.trade/search/tomazumewomaka
  • A VERY defensive (unlinked) astral plate (for res +life +phys damage reduction) is a few chaos: http://poe.trade/search/igatetenokotoa
  • A 1 socket tombfist is ~2 chaos (you only need the intimidate, really) http://poe.trade/search/ekimokasigatoh
  • If you get the tombfist, replace your belt with a stygian vise like this (2-10chaos most likely): http://poe.trade/search/owazitanokokit
  • One of those rare -7 mana rings with the resists you need (15-20 chaos)
  • 2 x might of the meek will help with res/life (18% all res and loads of life at the life wheel by the scion tree) for ~40c

That should all come to ~1ex at the current exchange?

Hopefully this helps!
Builds:
"
alvincheng wrote:
"
Liggles wrote:
"
alvincheng wrote:

Thank you!

I like the flask option, but the prices...

Yeah, this is why I haven't got one yet - I don't think they give as much value as 3ex spent elsewhere!
Builds:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info