[3.10] Liggles' Immune Stormwall - crit/block staff cyclone | All content | HC

Today I'll reduce Leap Slam to a merely 1L as utility for gaps, cliffs etc. and use a lvl 10 Phase Run combined with the Increased Duration from Vaal Ancestral Warchief; I don't have enough Dex to push Phase Run and Blood Rage to max lvl. The first leap is is instant anyway so I won't need Faster Attacks.

Also I'll use a Dread Banner if the mana is sufficient for fluid play, need to test that when I'm home. Otherwise I'll keep Cull with Leap Slam for bosses.

So far I really like the build, good work Liggles.
Hey everyone! Thought I would say running this build right now about lvl 55.
Just now saw the Enigmatic Reach notable in the top area of the tree. It provides 26 AoE (+9 AoE if you have a source for Power Charges) and 11 ias for 3 points. That's more efficient than the 4-pointer in the Scion area (higher damage per point, 26/3points vs. 24/4points Aoe). I'll switch to that.

I don't know how reliable you are blocking and will test with and without Dread Banner so the mobs can hit me more often, i.e. I can block more often for the 9 additional AoE from Power Charges (sustaining via Whirling Barrier). Maybe I'll also invest in the Steelwood Stance you take in your build Liggles. Another alternative would be Lethal Pride with Glancing Blows. I'll see. Tend to the Lethal Pride jewel right now.
Last edited by olsev_baiden on Jul 4, 2019, 5:12:26 AM
"
Just now saw the Enigmatic Reach notable in the top area of the tree. It provides 26 AoE (+9 AoE if you have a source for Power Charges) and 11 ias for 3 points. That's more efficient than the 4-pointer in the Scion area (higher damage per point, 26/3points vs. 24/4points Aoe). I'll switch to that.

Unless I am doing math wrong, the 4 nodes of AoE by the Scion wheel is 26/4 (10+8+8=26) not 24/4. Also if you have 2x Might of the Meek slotted into the 2 Jewel slots by the Scion wheel, you get the effect of "50% increased" on the two 8% AoE points and double "50% increased" on the 10% point (the MoM jewels overlap this node).

I don't know how to do the math on increases vs. more here, but I suspect the damage per point calculation tips back to these nodes if you are using MoM jewels.

EDIT: If I understand how to do "Increased" math correctly, the 4 nodes by the Scion wheel if they are covered by 2x Might are:

(8*(1+0.5))+(8*(1+0.5))+(10*(1+0.5+0.5)) = 44

or 11/point which is better than the Enigmatic Reach 8.6/point.

The IAS on the Enigmatic Reach cluster may tip it back in it's favor, but strictly speaking the nodes by Scion are better for AOE assuming you are using MoM jewels
Last edited by switchmonkey on Jul 4, 2019, 9:36:00 AM
"
switchmonkey wrote:

Unless I am doing math wrong, the 4 nodes of AoE by the Scion wheel is 26/4 (10+8+8=26) not 24/4. Also if you have 2x Might of the Meek slotted into the 2 Jewel slots by the Scion wheel, you get the effect of "50% increased" on the two 8% AoE points and double "50% increased" on the 10% point (the MoM jewels overlap this node).

I don't know how to do the math on increases vs. more here, but I suspect the damage per point calculation tips back to these nodes if you are using MoM jewels.

EDIT: If I understand how to do "Increased" math correctly, the 4 nodes by the Scion wheel if they are covered by 2x Might are:

(8*(1+0.5))+(8*(1+0.5))+(10*(1+0.5+0.5)) = 44

or 11/point which is better than the Enigmatic Reach 8.6/point.

The IAS on the Enigmatic Reach cluster may tip it back in it's favor, but strictly speaking the nodes by Scion are better for AOE assuming you are using MoM jewels

Nope. 2 nodes give 12 AoE each bc covered by 1 MotM, 1 node gives 20 Area damage bc covered by both MotM. so 24 AoE for 4 points spent vs 26 for 3 (+ additional AoE per Power Charge).
/facepalm

You're right.
"
switchmonkey wrote:
/facepalm

You're right.

No worries.

Just socketed in a Watcher's Eye and can only say: grab yourself a Flask charge Watcher's Eye as long as it's that cheap. It's worth it. I feel like playing a Pathfinder. Should be around 30-45c. Combined with a Diamond Flask you have around 90% crit all the time and perma flasks.

I sniped one with Life recovery when using Vitality for 100c as I'm not satisfied with the leech + regen and sacrificed Dread Banner and Herald of Purity.
"
olsev_baiden wrote:

I don't know how reliable you are blocking and will test with and without Dread Banner so the mobs can hit me more often, i.e. I can block more often for the 9 additional AoE from Power Charges (sustaining via Whirling Barrier). Maybe I'll also invest in the Steelwood Stance you take in your build Liggles. Another alternative would be Lethal Pride with Glancing Blows. I'll see. Tend to the Lethal Pride jewel right now.

Yeah, I was thinking about getting that. With steelwood stance you should be looking at 75% block with rumil's up - which gives a fairly decent way to generate power charges
Builds:
[3.7] Liggles' Immune Stormwall - crit/block staff cyclone | All content | Budget options
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2554720
"
olsev_baiden wrote:
"
switchmonkey wrote:
/facepalm

You're right.

No worries.

Just socketed in a Watcher's Eye and can only say: grab yourself a Flask charge Watcher's Eye as long as it's that cheap. It's worth it. I feel like playing a Pathfinder. Should be around 30-45c. Combined with a Diamond Flask you have around 90% crit all the time and perma flasks.

I sniped one with Life recovery when using Vitality for 100c as I'm not satisfied with the leech + regen and sacrificed Dread Banner and Herald of Purity.

Yeah, I mentioned that earlier in this thread - it should give perma uptime on your flasks pretty much, and it seems the cheapest precision watcher's eye!

I've actually been thinking - IF you had a high budget (20ex maybe) - you could replace the stormwall with a >600 DPS phys staff with level 20 fortify. You could then use phys to lightning and a hatred watchers eye with 40% cold to phys and spiked gloves with phys > x conversion (can be crafted). I'm also curious as to whether going assasin (over elementalist) for the crit/power charge/move speed might yield good results (you could likely get 100% crit, and so stay reflect immune, too).
Builds:
[3.7] Liggles' Immune Stormwall - crit/block staff cyclone | All content | Budget options
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2554720
"
Liggles wrote:
"
olsev_baiden wrote:
"
switchmonkey wrote:
/facepalm

You're right.

No worries.

Yeah, I mentioned that earlier in this thread - it should give perma uptime on your flasks pretty much, and it seems the cheapest precision watcher's eye!

I've actually been thinking - IF you had a high budget (20ex maybe) - you could replace the stormwall with a >600 DPS phys staff with level 20 fortify. You could then use phys to lightning and a hatred watchers eye with 40% cold to phys and spiked gloves with phys > x conversion (can be crafted). I'm also curious as to whether going assasin (over elementalist) for the crit/power charge/move speed might yield good results (you could likely get 100% crit, and so stay reflect immune, too).

I was also looking @ changing staff to higher dps and spiked gloves. How are you changing 100% to elemental if you do this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info