[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
GladiatorUA wrote:
"
Boltonsquads wrote:
Not sure where to go from here gear wise, would definitely like a %Mana gained as ES Watcher's Eye but other than that not much more from what I can see.
You can go CI. That would require Memory Vault with reduced Herald of Agony mana reservation. 30% is rare and starts at 65ish exalted, 20% is more than enough but is even rarer. I managed to snipe one for 25exa. CI version gets even more ES and a lot more damage from herald of agony because of level 28 and more reliable virulence stacking against single target because of golden rule.

You can get better boots. Mana>ES. You can make aspect of spider boots that are going to host all of your auras supported by englighten, which makes it easier to squeeze in a war/dread banner. Same with belt. High es and armor mods are nice, high mana mods are better.

Honestly, %mana as es watchers can be nice, but it's just raw es, which we do not lack.

I will have a look at that, I do however already have Dread Banner and Impale on my Crawler, but will take a look at the rest.
"
Boltonsquads wrote:

I will have a look at that, I do however already have Dread Banner and Impale on my Crawler, but will take a look at the rest.
Yeah, that's more for CI, because can't reserve life, so everything is pretty tight mana-wise and every jewel under an exalt is corrupted for mana reserved and possibly corrupted blood immunity.

Impale looks nice. Need to run POB, and in case of CI, Skin of the Loyal cost assessment.

Also, you can get better implicit on circle of nostalgia. Like increased effect of Determination, which hella strong.
Last edited by GladiatorUA on Jan 16, 2020, 11:52:23 AM
Hey! I'm level 95 on this build and completed all the big names. Awakener 8 sirus, Uber Elder/Atziri. Absolutely love the build. However, I have a major question. Why do you recommend getting flat ES over strength stacking? With Shaper's Touch gloves, strength influences our mana pool (granting more reserved, meaning more armour and ES) as well as increases our ES for every 10 strength. Personally, I have found no need to have more armor than 50k. Even though I know it gives less ES on block, I haven't had a problem at all needing more. Even in Uber Elder, I have plenty of regen on block.

I'm sitting at 8,500 ES without min-maxed belt and ring using the strength stacking method. I have aspect of spider, 6l hoa, all the good stuff. And due to me needing no more than 50k armour, I have redesigned the skill tree a bit to get more minion nodes and more mana nodes.

All in all, please check out my character and let me know what you think of the adjustments I've made.

Thank you so much for my first build to complete the atlas!
"
GladiatorUA wrote:
"
Boltonsquads wrote:

Yeah, that's more for CI, because can't reserve life, so everything is pretty tight mana-wise and every jewel under an exalt is corrupted for mana reserved and possibly corrupted blood immunity.

Impale looks nice. Need to run POB, and in case of CI, Skin of the Loyal cost assessment.

Also, you can get better implicit on circle of nostalgia. Like increased effect of Determination, which hella strong.

Impale is hard to calculate on PoB will need to check Google on how to do it as PoB doesn't do it correctly.

Replaced the ring now however with a much better one, I always overlooked it as it had 40% reservation and that's all I really needed so never really looked for anything else.

"
Boltonsquads wrote:
Impale is hard to calculate on PoB will need to check Google on how to do it as PoB doesn't do it correctly.

It looked interesting at first, primarily because of -30% phys resist. Then I realized that on top of most of our damage being chaos, spiders are going to chew through those impale hits in no time whatsoever, so the actual effect would be miniscule.
"
GladiatorUA wrote:
"
Boltonsquads wrote:

It looked interesting at first, primarily because of -30% phys resist. Then I realized that on top of most of our damage being chaos, spiders are going to chew through those impale hits in no time whatsoever, so the actual effect would be miniscule.

Crawler's damage is mostly Physical, it increases single target quite a lot.
"
Boltonsquads wrote:

Crawler has native 40% conversion to chaos, add spirit offering to the mix and it becomes less than half phys damage output. Not taking despair and withered into account.
Impale has 40% chance to apply per hit and adds 10% of physical portion of the hit damage for the next five attacks. And the impale effect is upto 60% stronger. 0.4*0.5*1.6=0.32. It's 32% more physical damage AFTER conversion for the crawler, so it looks worse than feeding frenzy. -30% physical damage resistance reduction is negligible because it's only for those 5 hits, which are eaten by the spiders. Is my math wrong? What am I missing?
"
GladiatorUA wrote:
"
Boltonsquads wrote:

Crawler has native 40% conversion to chaos, add spirit offering to the mix and it becomes less than half phys damage output. Not taking despair and withered into account.
Impale has 40% chance to apply per hit and adds 10% of physical portion of the hit damage for the next five attacks. And the impale effect is upto 60% stronger. 0.4*0.5*1.6=0.32. It's 32% more physical damage AFTER conversion for the crawler, so it looks worse than feeding frenzy. -30% physical damage resistance reduction is negligible because it's only for those 5 hits, which are eaten by the spiders. Is my math wrong? What am I missing?

Impale Effect from Dread Banner, Impale on it's own is meh but with Dread Banner all minions including spiders benefit from this.
"
Boltonsquads wrote:
Impale Effect from Dread Banner, Impale on it's own is meh but with Dread Banner all minions including spiders benefit from this.
Ok. I'll redo the math. In detail.

Impale support by itself grants 16%(I'll be generous and say that it's 21/23 gem) more physical damage which affects almost all crawler damage. So, 16% more raw damage.

The portion of physical damage dealt by crawler is 39%. You can look that up in POB.

Impale part.
40% chance from support, 20% chance from banner. 60% total.

Impale damage itself is 50% more.

Impale effectiveness is 61% from support, 20% from banner. 81% total.

Impale math. 0.16 + 0.39*0.6*0.5*1.61 = 0.35 or 35% more damage for crawler.

Physical resistance reduction... "Enemies Impaled by Supported Skills have -30% to Total Physical Damage Reduction against Impale Hits".
Let's be generous and say that crawler attacks 3 times per second. Generous again, 2 of those attacks apply impale. Spiders attack twice per second. There are 20 of them, so that's 40 attacks. Your main body attacks 8-9 times per second. 10 impale attacks that have -30% phys. 48 attacks, 8 of which are useless, so 83% effectiveness. Spiders deal 47% of their hit damage as physical, surprisingly, let's say it's 50%. 0.3*0.25*0.83*0.5=0.03 or 3% more damage overall.

It's not that impale sucks in general, only this specific usecase. Impale on spiders would actually work if we didn't need the Death Mark, because the effectiveness of phys resist reduction would've been much higher. Hell, impale on cyclone wouldn't be bad, but culling is equal or better.
Last edited by GladiatorUA on Jan 17, 2020, 7:51:18 AM
"
GladiatorUA wrote:
"
Boltonsquads wrote:
Ok. I'll redo the math. In detail.

Impale support by itself grants 16%(I'll be generous and say that it's 21/23 gem) more physical damage which affects almost all crawler damage. So, 16% more raw damage.

The portion of physical damage dealt by crawler is 39%. You can look that up in POB.

Impale part.
40% chance from support, 20% chance from banner. 60% total.

Impale damage itself is 50% more.

Impale effectiveness is 61% from support, 20% from banner. 81% total.

Impale math. 0.16 + 0.39*0.6*0.5*1.61 = 0.35 or 35% more damage for crawler.

Physical resistance reduction... "Enemies Impaled by Supported Skills have -30% to Total Physical Damage Reduction against Impale Hits".
Let's be generous and say that crawler attacks 3 times per second. Generous again, 2 of those attacks apply impale. Spiders attack twice per second. There are 20 of them, so that's 40 attacks. Your main body attacks 8-9 times per second. 10 impale attacks that have -30% phys. 48 attacks, 8 of which are useless, so 83% effectiveness. Spiders deal 47% of their hit damage as physical, surprisingly, let's say it's 50%. 0.3*0.25*0.83*0.5=0.03 or 3% more damage overall.

It's not that impale sucks in general, only this specific usecase. Impale on spiders would actually work if we didn't need the Death Mark, because the effectiveness of phys resist reduction would've been much higher. Hell, impale on cyclone wouldn't be bad, but culling is equal or better.

I just used it personally because I have the slot available for Dread Banner, Dread Banner wouldn't be worth it otherwise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info