[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

hey, I dont see the watcher's eye has Gain #% of maximum mana as maximum energy shield on it ( on with the one Gain #% of maximum mana as maximum energy shield while affected with clarity ) so can you help me out ? I go for the 6L ( remove the clarity gem ) so it's kinda confusing. Thanks alot. Oh and i only have 66% spell block... can you tell me why ? I'm lv 92 and put all the point on the block thing.
Last edited by neopetss on Jan 12, 2020, 4:15:48 AM
I've been working towards a variation of this build that's rather costly, but i like a lot.

The main things i wanted to achieve:
- Chaos immunity
- Use Golden Rule jewel to help with virulence stacks
- Stay at max block, high ES and around 50k armor without flask
- More HoA damage by gem levels

This is my current skill tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.9.2/AAAABAUDAQQHBjkI9AksC2ENfBBREY4XLxodHNwdFB1PHgge2iSaKPosvy0fL9oycTW5Olg6xjrpPC09D0FpRv5JT0qfTLNMuU8EUWBVqVXGVdZWLlfJWfNakVxrXypi9GTnZlRmnmhYaPJqAWobakNqrGvIa9ttGXGycg9yqXLFfEt8g35sgKSCHoKbg1-D24RIhTKIQom8idiK5It2jHaPGo9GkiuUb5UglnSXLZe0mE2boZvsnEqlGKcIpyuofayYrKqtSK70r2yvfK-ntoa3MbiTvKq86r2CvknBxcHzw23E9saKxq7QH9P710rXateW4N3kVevk6-7sGO_r8wb3wffX-tL7qv6z?accountName=bl0b&realm=pc&characterName=GonsCrawls

Defense:
- 13k Energy Shield
- 52k Armour without flask, 88k Armour with flask
- 74% chance to block Attacks, 75% chance to block Spells
- Chaos immune
- Resists are 76/81/77, uncapped are all 83% so i can use Wise Oak Flask
- Enemies are constantly blinded, intimidated and have reduced movement speed
- Freeze, Chill and Bleed Immune while Flasks are running

Offense:
- Level 28 Herald of Agony
- Aligned Spirits and Fearsome Force cluster (need 1 more level)

Step by step:
- Spec CI. Doing this, you can't run Determination from Life anymore and lose even more armor due to the "Radiant Faith" Guardian passive that we spec.
- Make HoA cost no mana. 2 Circle of Nostalgia with reduced HoA mana reservation and the reduced HoA mana reservation helmet enchant will do the trick.
- Get freeze and chill resistance on a flask because we can't use Dream Fragments.
- In order to still be able to run Clarity, Disicpline and Aspect of the Spider besides HoA and Determination, we need a level 4 Enlighten linked to Discipline and Determination. I managed to also fit in a level 16 Precision to maximize my mana reservation
- With 20 spiders going crazy on our enemies, "Minions have a % chance to blind enemies on hit with attacks" is a crazy strong mod on the Ghastly Eye Jewel socketed into our belt.
- In order to maximize the Damage of our HoA, we add Gem levels to it by getting a +1 to level of Socketed Gems corrupted Skin of the Loyal as our Chest armour and combine it with a level 4 Empower to get Level 28 HoA
- The tree is very optimized and needs as many points as possible. Without a Clarity watcher's eye that increases our ES significantly, this version of the build might be playable in mid 80s, starting with around 8-9k ES, which is still fine.
- There's cheap corrupts implicits on Arakaali's fang (increased Attack speed) and Aegis Aurora (increased maximum Energy Shield) that we can get.

My gear:
IGN: GonsNomNom (Echoes of the Atlas)
Last edited by bl0b on Jan 12, 2020, 2:01:49 PM
So I've been doing quite a bit of tinkering with the block on this build, I personally really like anointing deflection as it gives up 75% chance to block projectiles on top of spells/melee attacks - something that I felt was dangerous to me.

Also I think there is a better alternative to dream fragments, but it involves some gear swapping - expensiveness, currently these are my belt/ring/boots/shield

Rainbowstride is only really necessary for the 6% chance to block spell damage, and currently with my Aegis Aurora implicit corrupted 5% chance to block spell damage I am at block cap for spells - this allows me to drop rainbostride and use better shoes that make me unable to be frozen, letting me drop ring fragments and get a better ring - I chose to get one with a socket to put my molten shell in.
Because I can't find the edit button ><

Why doesn't this build take Wicked Ward, the way we regenerate ES isn't leach so we wouldn't be impeded by it, I honestly think Wicked Ward is really strong but am hesitant to take it if I'm not understanding the block -> ES correctly.

Thanks
"
So I've been doing quite a bit of tinkering with the block on this build, I personally really like anointing deflection as it gives up 75% chance to block projectiles on top of spells/melee attacks - something that I felt was dangerous to me.

I'm not sure about that. All projectiles either come from spells or attacks, and we have both spell and attack block. Additional projectile block might just help with the 25% that we don't block, if it's an additional block roll. Maybe someone can clarify.
IGN: GonsNomNom (Echoes of the Atlas)
"

Also I think there is a better alternative to dream fragments, but it involves some gear swapping - expensiveness, currently these are my belt/ring/boots/shield

Rainbowstride is only really necessary for the 6% chance to block spell damage, and currently with my Aegis Aurora implicit corrupted 5% chance to block spell damage I am at block cap for spells - this allows me to drop rainbostride and use better shoes that make me unable to be frozen, letting me drop ring fragments and get a better ring - I chose to get one with a socket to put my molten shell in.

Interesting shield will look into getting one of those.
Last edited by Boltonsquads on Jan 12, 2020, 4:35:51 PM
how to use 3 of Jewel: Healthy Mind
Hi thanks for putting this build together, I really like it since my normal builds are glass cannons.

I am relatively new to PoE and this is my first LL build, so I have a question or 2.

Here is my PB for context: https://pastebin.com/sLzfZRe6

I just leveled this char this weekend so I still have to get my HoA DPS fixed (gems).

I know I may have jumped the gun last night, but I had a lv83 Catrina MM ready from my other character and even though my HoA build is only lvl 71, I went for it.
I thought it would be fine becuase I did run a juice t15 map and it went great.
But the Catrina fight did not go well. I got one shotted when I did die, but obviously my main issue was my poor HoA DPS, which I will fix tonight.

I had a horrible time with keeping spiders up during the Catrina fight, even with desecrate and 2 flasks. I could spawn 20 spiders but they would eventually disappear without making a dent in her HP, even with me applying Deathmark.

I guess my Q's are:
Was my HoA DPS the reason I couldnt drop Catrina?
Why were the spiders so weak against her?

This may be a silly question but again, my first LL build.

Can you explain why running a 6k ES with 75% phys reduction is better than not running Determination and having +1900hp/5500es with still 55% phys dmg reduction?
I assume I am missing something obivous or either I am underestimating how much +20% phy dmg reduction means :)

Again thanks for a great guide.
"
AlGor3Rythm wrote:
Hi thanks for putting this build together, I really like it since my normal builds are glass cannons.

I am relatively new to PoE and this is my first LL build, so I have a question or 2.

Here is my PB for context: https://pastebin.com/sLzfZRe6

I just leveled this char this weekend so I still have to get my HoA DPS fixed (gems).

I know I may have jumped the gun last night, but I had a lv83 Catrina MM ready from my other character and even though my HoA build is only lvl 71, I went for it.
I thought it would be fine becuase I did run a juice t15 map and it went great.
But the Catrina fight did not go well. I got one shotted when I did die, but obviously my main issue was my poor HoA DPS, which I will fix tonight.

I had a horrible time with keeping spiders up during the Catrina fight, even with desecrate and 2 flasks. I could spawn 20 spiders but they would eventually disappear without making a dent in her HP, even with me applying Deathmark.

I guess my Q's are:
Was my HoA DPS the reason I couldnt drop Catrina?
Why were the spiders so weak against her?

This may be a silly question but again, my first LL build.

Can you explain why running a 6k ES with 75% phys reduction is better than not running Determination and having +1900hp/5500es with still 55% phys dmg reduction?
I assume I am missing something obivous or either I am underestimating how much +20% phy dmg reduction means :)

Again thanks for a great guide.

Think it's a mix of your low level and the gems on both your HoA and spiders gem's does not seem like you are using spirit offering that definitely helps a lot with the damage was a couple levels ago i did the catarina fight at 83 had about 8.5k energy shield at the time but had no issues at all was very easy so if you get about 10 more levels get a spirit offering can't see you having any issues there just make sure you are not overusing the writhing jar flasks and that your agony crawler are not killing the worms, can take some getting used to but had no issues on spiders on the fight.
I am definitely not using spirit offering, I will try that out.
During boss fights without adds I guess you desecrate>spirit offering?

I facepalmed once I actualy checked my crawlers DPS after the fight, pretty sure that was the biggie.

Should I change gems for my fang for the spiders?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info