[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

I'm very happy with my tree, which is similar, with zero megalomaniacs. I've replaced them with Aura clusters with First Among Equals/Stalwart Commander as the notables, and socketed Intelligence//Armour Split Personalities in the jewel sockets. I have a Timeless Jewel that gives me Slumlord at Arcanist's Dominion, but nothing else. PoB has me at 9k ES, 83k Armour and 830k DPS per Sentinel with the CIP weapon switch. Still missing Awakened Multistrike, and I certainly don't have that awesome double-corrupted Skin of the Loyal which would really help those numbers...
Last edited by Myrmios on Feb 24, 2021, 9:40:52 AM
Was interested in the build, but think it’s way too m any buttons for me to press.

Did want to say your guide is amazing. Read through it and it’s the best guide I’ve seen on here. Very well done sir.
"
Zerber wrote:
"
baney123 wrote:
To the handful of people who talked about doing delirium maps: what specific changes did you make to this base build to give you the dps needed to finish them?

I turned in a set of div cards for a t13 100% delirium map to test out the clear before I started fracturing t15-16 and the map took like 25 minutes. Had to skip incursions, ritual and the boss & wasn’t able to break out half a dozen from the legion monolith.

Look at Pantless_Zonko in my Profile, can easily do t16 100% delirium with my version.

Wow. The implicits on your belt&rings are nuts.

I’ll keep upgrading the character slowly but right now I’m saving up for my first headhunter. I think my biggest setback right now is that I haven’t found a skin of the loyal in my colors yet.

I’m satisfied with the build overall. The delirium and legion monoliths are the only content I haven’t been able to do, besides that new map boss that puts degen stacks on you (haven’t figured out how to do the encounter yet)

Been working on this build on softcore for a couple days now and been doing pretty good.

The basics have cost me roughly 6ex (and i consider that a fairly cheap build)

I've only done a few things differently so far, one of which was the gems for HoP, where I'm not using ruthless and bloodlust, because I haven't got a way to force bleed on enemies. So instead I go with the standard of multistrike and impale.

Now I just did uber lab today and i feel like i got pretty lucky on the helmet enchant

Because of this, Herald of Purity takes no mana when reserved and I had to switch gems in my setup with discipline and determination. Where i was peviously using enlighten lvl3, because it was reserving too much mana otherwise, I've now switched that to an empower. With both linked to empower I have around the same amount of mana reserved as before (roughly 1% left) and as a bonus, I get extra levels to my auras.

Mostly i just wanted to thank you for the guide, it's very detailed and easy to follow.
"
Zepepsico wrote:

Wow, that's triple my dps, and ~30% more ES. I can't see where you have your corrupted blood protection?
What does the timeless jewel do?
Which Pantheons do you use?
Why the dousing flask if you cannot be ignited?

I just replace my fortress covenant with a random anti corrupt blood jewel for sirus.

The timeless jewel gives me 2x 80% inc. minion damage.

I use Brine King and Ryslatha.

I use the dousing flask because im lazy and didnt bother to switch it out when I made the build ingite immune ^^
sharing my paste bin with a build that is very similiar to zerber's and a bit more budget friendly, but easily up to 40ex: https://pastebin.com/EfUwLwft

main differences are:
- i am running only one megalomaniac. with a well rolled watcher's eye you can cap 75% spell block and use those 2 cluster slots to be more flexible and get small and medium clusters to get more damage, more es, or split personality, balance your resistances with abyss jewels, etc. just a good way to have more flexibility and get 2-4 passives back from the spell block of megalomaniac (remember you are using 1 passive that gives nothing, personally that bothered me a lot hahaha)

- removed the warcry which allowed me to use an enlighten 3 and then drop the mana reserve wheel next to CI (lvl 3 is enough, with lvl 4 you have more unreserved mana but then less armor and you have no more gem slots for another aura and i don't think its worth it anyway).

- got a cast when stunned setup. offering isn't 100% up and you have no way to control it, which is bad specially on boss fights but there were too many buttons to press and i am lazy af :P

maybe i'm forgetting something else. feel free to ask.

PS: would love to try to stack more int and get the wheel with the %increased int, the ES it gives is insane once you reach a lot of flat int. i would get it if i had a double corrupt chest belt and gloves, +1 hearld enchant on helm, implicits on rings, etc. but league is dead for me now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Sark0t on Feb 24, 2021, 4:25:13 PM
"
Zerber wrote:
"
Zepepsico wrote:

Wow, that's triple my dps, and ~30% more ES. I can't see where you have your corrupted blood protection?
What does the timeless jewel do?
Which Pantheons do you use?
Why the dousing flask if you cannot be ignited?

I just replace my fortress covenant with a random anti corrupt blood jewel for sirus.

The timeless jewel gives me 2x 80% inc. minion damage.

I use Brine King and Ryslatha.

I use the dousing flask because im lazy and didnt bother to switch it out when I made the build ingite immune ^^

Thanks.
One more question: why no cull on cyclone? You have it elsewhere or not needed to refresh HoP?
I feel like this is a silly question because I have played a spider fang build before.

I'm not sure why, but sometimes there's plenty of corpes, yet I only spawn a small amount, say 4 spiders, they also don't seem to last that long on occasion.

I thought as mobs die new spiders would spawn but I can be in the middle of a fight and find I have no spiders.

What should I check?
"
Zepepsico wrote:

Thanks.
One more question: why no cull on cyclone? You have it elsewhere or not needed to refresh HoP?

It doesnt make a difference imo and also when you spiders kill something with their poison it counts as your kill. All damage over time kills no matter whats the source always counts as your personal kill, its a "feature" of PoE that was never changed. That means spiders refresh themself all the time anyway (and purity sentinels too).
how do you have enough mana for your HoP if you skip the HoP mana reserve node
Last edited by kaorukensi on Feb 24, 2021, 9:02:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info