[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

To the handful of people who talked about doing delirium maps: what specific changes did you make to this base build to give you the dps needed to finish them?

I turned in a set of div cards for a t13 100% delirium map to test out the clear before I started fracturing t15-16 and the map took like 25 minutes. Had to skip incursions, ritual and the boss & wasn’t able to break out half a dozen from the legion monolith.

"
Dyslate wrote:
This build is really great! I loved the great linear progression of minmaxing and upgrading the build.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Dyslate/TemplarBotting?i=0&search=name%3Dtemplar

Did some upgrade i swap from astramentis to a custom int +lvl amulet
This can get you really good damages (cost: arround 14 exalted to craft)

Working really fine, can kill all bosses fast, and have a good clear in juicy T16. (that will do maven in less than 3 min, or sirus 9 in less than 5 min)

Could still get some upgrade, as awakened multistrike on my chest, or +1 sentinel on my memory vault.

But still, a really good build ty for sharing it!

Can you explain your crafting process? I would really like to craft one for myself but I'm pretty bad at crafting xD
Hi sir,

I'm loving to play your build.

I have just one problem that is actually very bad...

Burning, burning ground and bleed (even with granite flask) is killing me so easily... How do you manage this debuffs to prevent us to die?

Thanks!
"
spytfire wrote:
Hi sir,

Burning, burning ground and bleed (even with granite flask) is killing me so easily... How do you manage this debuffs to prevent us to die?

Thanks!

Chaos inoculation......
"
spytfire wrote:
Hi sir,

Thanks!

Hi, I took a look at your flasks, you are running 3x writhing jars you could replace one of them with burning removal mod flask if that's the issue, and if you are sticking with 2-3 writhing you could also play around with minor pantheon which helps with burning.
My flask setup is Writhing jar, Soul ripper, Quick silver(speed), granite(armor) and bottled faith(just got it yesterday to test it out). I don't run bleeding/burning immunity flask unless I really think I might need them and haven't had issues so far. Also, Vaal discipline comes in handy a lot in tough spots.
"
baney123 wrote:
To the handful of people who talked about doing delirium maps: what specific changes did you make to this base build to give you the dps needed to finish them?

I turned in a set of div cards for a t13 100% delirium map to test out the clear before I started fracturing t15-16 and the map took like 25 minutes. Had to skip incursions, ritual and the boss & wasn’t able to break out half a dozen from the legion monolith.

Look at Pantless_Zonko in my Profile, can easily do t16 100% delirium with my version.
Enjoying this template a lot, not my tankiest ever, but achieving the right balance.
Still frustrating at times that I can nearly AFK Sirus8, but Phoenix can still kill me, and so can random degens and/or big damage bursts.

I now got my single corruption Skin, and only needing a few minor upgrades (like better rolls on rings, jewels, etc..) to reach the end of my phase 2 build.

Some thoughts (feel free to shoot down!):

* rallying cry is too cumbersome for little return. So is Carrion golem. Instead, I used the gem slot to have the relic and the offering on a cast when stunned. Keeps it up 100% of the time.

* As my Sentinels get stronger, I think there is now an argument to have a weapon swap Cold Iron Point + aegis for bosses. The increase can (depending on build) out dps the spiders, and give the additional comfort of not having to manage raising the spiders, and getting rid Ryslatha's pantheon (god do I have a love hate relationship with this one). You can even get rid of the writhing jar if it's a pure encounter map.

* I was wondering whether it is better to add more ES, or would endurance charges be a good idea? I got cheap (50c) +1 end rainbowstrides, so if I get a cluster node with end generation (on hit or block), that would give a very very significant phys reduction with 4 end charges.

* getting a +1 max block Aegis is cheap, why miss on it. Ideally a double corruption one, +1 max block and +spell block to give more flexibility elsewhere.

* Regarding the belt, I am not yet convinced that the Darkness Enthroned is better than a Stygian. Effectively, it gives the effect of 3.5 jewels, versus 1 jewel + 1 stygian in a normal setup. Can I get more value from 2.5 jewel versus a stygian which can bring a lot of mana, ES, resists and armour? Or does it only work with really expensive jewels?

"
Zerber wrote:

Look at Pantless_Zonko in my Profile, can easily do t16 100% delirium with my version.

Wow, that's triple my dps, and ~30% more ES. I can't see where you have your corrupted blood protection?
What does the timeless jewel do?
Which Pantheons do you use?
Why the dousing flask if you cannot be ignited?
"
Zepepsico wrote:
* getting a +1 max block Aegis is cheap, why miss on it. Ideally a double corruption one, +1 max block and +spell block to give more flexibility elsewhere.

I think it's because of rarity. The flexibility from spell block is better than effectively just 4% more attack block chance (less for maps that have reduced block chance). If we were capped at around 90% instead of 75% that 1% would be more significant. Having a 5% spell block on the shield means you can ignore the spell block Abyss Jewel modifier and also drop Holy Dominion if you can get the resists elsewhere (though you end with 74% spell block chance without either of those, but I think that's not a bad tradeoff).

"
Zepepsico wrote:
* Regarding the belt, I am not yet convinced that the Darkness Enthroned is better than a Stygian. Effectively, it gives the effect of 3.5 jewels, versus 1 jewel + 1 stygian in a normal setup. Can I get more value from 2.5 jewel versus a stygian which can bring a lot of mana, ES, resists and armour? Or does it only work with really expensive jewels?

I tend to agree, Abyss Jewels are a bit limited compared to other kinds of Jewels and so far I've found Stygian offers more. I'm switching between these two belts depending on my resist needs, not perfect but serviceable:

I was also lucky enough to snag a Watcher's Eye which had 3 useful aura improvements, got lucky with the first Divine Orb I used on it and got 8% Spell Block and 8% Phys Reduction (though I was at 84-85% anyhow so it'd be capped regardless). But this gives me some extra room to play around as well - going to try to get some better boots at least, maybe see if I can drop some other spell block nodes to save more passive points.

Last edited by King_Haart on Feb 24, 2021, 5:32:37 AM
"
Zepepsico wrote:
Enjoying this template a lot, not my tankiest ever, but achieving the right balance.
Still frustrating at times that I can nearly AFK Sirus8, but Phoenix can still kill me, and so can random degens and/or big damage bursts.

I now got my single corruption Skin, and only needing a few minor upgrades (like better rolls on rings, jewels, etc..) to reach the end of my phase 2 build.

Some thoughts (feel free to shoot down!):

* rallying cry is too cumbersome for little return. So is Carrion golem. Instead, I used the gem slot to have the relic and the offering on a cast when stunned. Keeps it up 100% of the time.

* As my Sentinels get stronger, I think there is now an argument to have a weapon swap Cold Iron Point + aegis for bosses. The increase can (depending on build) out dps the spiders, and give the additional comfort of not having to manage raising the spiders, and getting rid Ryslatha's pantheon (god do I have a love hate relationship with this one). You can even get rid of the writhing jar if it's a pure encounter map.

* I was wondering whether it is better to add more ES, or would endurance charges be a good idea? I got cheap (50c) +1 end rainbowstrides, so if I get a cluster node with end generation (on hit or block), that would give a very very significant phys reduction with 4 end charges.

"
Zerber wrote:

Wow, that's triple my dps, and ~30% more ES. I can't see where you have your corrupted blood protection?
What does the timeless jewel do?
Which Pantheons do you use?
Why the dousing flask if you cannot be ignited?

Zerber linked his POB a few pages back. His version is pretty bomb, but it is on the quite expensive side, just his chest alone is 60-80ex for the +1/+2 corrupt. The megalo's themselves are a dream. I was able to snag a +80% slumlord Elegant Hubris for 3 points to the left of the witch start, but I havn't got a 160 or 240 yet. If I get a 160 or 240, for the pain attunement slot, I'll think about swapping to his tree.
"
Alpharien1025 wrote:
Zerber linked his POB a few pages back. His version is pretty bomb, but it is on the quite expensive side, just his chest alone is 60-80ex for the +1/+2 corrupt. The megalo's themselves are a dream. I was able to snag a +80% slumlord Elegant Hubris for 3 points to the left of the witch start, but I havn't got a 160 or 240 yet. If I get a 160 or 240, for the pain attunement slot, I'll think about swapping to his tree.

FWIW I got a jewel with Gleaming Armor in the node opposite Pain Attunement, that plus a Megalomaniac with 'Uncompromising' made it worth swapping trees. Gleaming Armor takes me from 51K->60K armor and 'Uncompromising' means you can safely drop all the Herald reservation nodes so long as you have 2x 24% rings - without needing to go and annoint Charisma which isn't cheap to do. Obviously test in PoB first though!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info