[3.21] Vatinas' Spiders + HoP Guardian - CI, 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS

"
Zerber wrote:
"
Noice_Applez wrote:
yes I am at 8,000 Eneregy Shield, and 40k or so Armour.

Again: here is my char in pastebin: https://pastebin.com/PSAKJDWz

I do 1.7mil dps per sentinel and have more then enough tankiness. as for what you should swap...

You are at 1,5 mil dps per sentinel not 1,7... "minions are always on full life is not true for sentinels" it makes PoB give your Sentinels 200k more dps because of the renewal cluster jewel passive. Your Sentinels will never be at full life in any fight that matters. Thats just BS PoB tooltip warrior stuff.

Im at 1,3 mil dps per sentinels.
I have 20000 armor more than you (without any buff), 300 ES more (last 3 level will give me 1000 more), im curse, shock, ignite, chill immune and have max spell block.

I dont think giving up all that for only 200k more dps per sentinel is worth it.

Oh you dropped your spider dps (with minion on full life gem not splash) to 50k. So im actually doing more combined damage than you without pride and a 2x + 1 to skill gems amulet!

Your dps: 50k x 20 = 1000k + 1542k x 4 = 7.106.000

Mine: 99k x 20 = 1980k + 1327k x 4 = 7.288.000

So why do you sacrifice SO MUCH to integrate pride and a double +1 gems amulet which in the end does not do more dps??? You clear suffers so much too from halving your spider dps? Your tree basicaly just shifts dps from spiders to sentinels which will do nothing beside hurting your clear and all that comes with a heavy sacrifice of defenses. You even need a clarity watchers eye to reach 8k ES! You dropped to 70% spellblock too...

Sorry but I seriously dont get your build decissions.

Here my tree:
https://pastebin.com/4B2Nw4MA

WOW no need to start crying over my take on the build Zerber hahaha :)

"
Noice_Applez wrote:

I do 1.7mil dps per sentinel and have more then enough tankiness.

You are not at 1.7 million per sentinel. Why are you using numbers that will never happen ingame? Your sentinels will never be at full life.

Im not upset about your "build decisions" im upset about you promoting a version of the build that does more or less exactly the same dps but has way less tankyness, half the clearspeed because of half the spider dps and you are pretending that is better and/or does more dps which is not true.

"
Noice_Applez wrote:
[
WOW no need to start crying over my take on the build Zerber hahaha :)

This is your answer? You encourage other to go +2 skill gem amulet and pride because you claim it does more dps...

I showed you that its not true you are sacrificing clear and survivability and you end up with the same ammount of dps that you can have with a simple 1+ skill gem amulet and dread banner.

Almost half the armor, less ES, not max spell block ect. and THE SAME DAMAGE. Why are you encouraging others to follow that?

This is a thread about this build and how to improve it/help others.

So why you dont answer my questions?
Why do you integrate pride and +2 skill gem amulet when you end up having the same damage? It makes no sense at all...
Last edited by Zerber on Feb 13, 2021, 9:11:14 PM
"
Zerber wrote:
"
Noice_Applez wrote:

I do 1.7mil dps per sentinel and have more then enough tankiness.

You are not at 1.7 million per sentinel. Why are you using numbers that will never happen ingame? Your sentinels will never be at full life.

Im not upset about your "build decisions" im upset about you promoting a version of the build that does more or less exactly the same dps but has way less tankyness, half the clearspeed because of half the spider dps and you are pretending that is better and/or does more dps which is not true.

haha bro your pob has the same shit ticked, and the only resson you do anywhere close to my damage is cause you have elegant hubris with raises your damaage around 200%
If I had this one my build id easily do over 2 mil dps per sent.
also if you still want to cry go ahead but it not faulty representing because they are constantly being summoned at full life, and the only time that they will not be at full life is during any boss with degen. seriously take a chill pill Drama queen QQ

whatever makes you feel better :/
Last edited by Noice_Applez on Feb 13, 2021, 9:54:14 PM
"
Noice_Applez wrote:

haha bro your pob has the same shit ticked, and the only resson you do anywhere close to my damage is cause you have elegant hubris with raises your damaage around 200%
If I had this one my build id easily do over 2 mil dps per sent.
also if you still want to cry go ahead but it not faulty representing because they are constantly being summoned at full life, and the only time that they will not be at full life is during any boss with degen. <--- seriously take a chill pill Drama queen QQ

I have the same shit ticket but it doesnt do anything for my sentinels because I dont have any notable that would alter sentinel damage in any way...

Stop advertising wrong numbers.

They are almost never on full life. Stop making things up.

"
because they are constantly being summoned at full life

Nope not true, sentinels do not get resummoned if you have the max number of sentinels alive. It only refreshes their duration. Thats why for example wacky builds like minion instability HoP work. That means they will almost never be at full life.

"

damage is cause you have elegant hubris with raises your damaage around 200%

Also not true without the elegant hubris and ravenous horde taken I do roughly 70k less with every sentinel. Its almost no difference. It would mean taking pride and a +2 skill gem amulet sacrifices a shit ton of defense and clear for meager 200k more total dps

"
also if you still want to cry go ahead...
...seriously take a chill pill Drama queen QQ

Why are you acting like a child? Cant take any critque?

All that teenager behavier "bro" "crying" ect. is just you avoiding answering my question.

Whats the sense of implementing all that when it massivly lowers your defenses and ends up roughly doing the same combined spider + sentinel damage?

This is a build thread after all, talk about the build and why you did it. Thats all I did in my original post. I asked you whats the reason for that decision when it only reduces your defenses and clear speed with no real plus?
Last edited by Zerber on Feb 13, 2021, 9:27:09 PM
@Zerber Thanks for the freak-out, was quite amusing :D
I went ahead and divined me a elegant hubris that gave me minion dmg.
I now do 1.93mil dps without full life ticked, and once I'm able to divine 2x minion dmg I will be doingdouble your damage @ 2.2million per sentinel.

https://pastebin.com/NsXAcKXM POB for reference, I did loose around 140 es so I am at 7,8k es
Last edited by Noice_Applez on Feb 14, 2021, 1:18:21 AM
re-post

Hello there,

build works just fine at the level I am playing right now.
My main issue is that I have not enough Mana to use the sixth gem in the Body armour.
I know that my Rings "only" got 22% Mana Reduction for HoP.
Is there anything else I do not see?
Thanks for your help. It is really appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/q85pD9Fc
"
Dreenan wrote:
re-post

Hello there,

build works just fine at the level I am playing right now.
My main issue is that I have not enough Mana to use the sixth gem in the Body armour.
I know that my Rings "only" got 22% Mana Reduction for HoP.
Is there anything else I do not see?
Thanks for your help. It is really appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/q85pD9Fc

having discipline with increased duration raises its mana res, so maybe put discipline in its own socket not linked to anything.
"
Noice_Applez wrote:
@Zerber Thanks for the freak-out, was quite amusing :D
I went ahead and divined me a elegant hubris that gave me minion dmg.
I now do 1.93mil dps without full life ticked, and once I'm able to divine 2x minion dmg I will be doingdouble your damage @ 2.2million per sentinel.

https://pastebin.com/NsXAcKXM POB for reference, I did loose around 140 es so I am at 7,8k es

So you sacrificed even more armor to get dps you are at 37,000. You are at a point where you are not playing the same build that this thread is about. You are close to the point where a GG ES on block shield gives you more than aegis aurora.

"
Noice_Applez wrote:

having discipline with increased duration raises its mana res, so maybe put discipline in its own socket not linked to anything.

No it doesnt... linking vaal discipline to inc duration does not in any way increase disciplines mana reservation. Not in PoB or ingame...
Last edited by Zerber on Feb 14, 2021, 5:12:06 AM
thx zerber for your input in the build. don't let the apple guy frustrate you ;)
@Zerban and Noice_Applez, i like your ideas how to individualize this build even further, but imo your 2 builds are not a generic approach here. What both of you do is specialize it to a personal favor and thats far of from the guide.
I wonder if anyone could even reproduce one of your builds, your cluster gems and items seem very very rare to even come close. Besides aiming for a +2 or +3 HoP body armor makes this even more unrealistic, such go for 50-80 ex.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info