[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

First try fossils today!

Very good build :)
Hey, just wanted to tell you I'm really enjoying the build. It's the first time I survive for a while with a ranger, currently level 91 in hardcore blight. Fossils are starting to roll in so I'm going to try to craft myself a better bow tomorrow, I'm excited.
With the new anointment mechanic is there any recommend passive nodes you would suggest. Being able to grab a node from anywhere on the passive skill tree is a really interesting and exciting option.

For example, we could use simply anoint during leveling or post leveling nodes to add additional flavor to the build (Dirty Techniques?). Thoughts?
Last edited by Schnoodlez on Sep 10, 2019, 11:07:40 PM
Hey, i found a good addition to the build.

If you use a Witchbrew Flask, the damage goes up by like, 40-50%ish

Should i use this instead of the Frenzy + Despair + Curse on Hit setup?
"
drac_oner wrote:

First try fossils today!

Very good build :)

What Fossils did you use for the chest?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mad_Turnip/characters

Character: PathfinderNevaeh

Damage seems a bit on the smaller side, Any ideas what needs to be changed next?
"
Schnoodlez wrote:
With the new anointment mechanic is there any recommend passive nodes you would suggest. Being able to grab a node from anywhere on the passive skill tree is a really interesting and exciting option.

For example, we could use simply anoint during leveling or post leveling nodes to add additional flavor to the build (Dirty Techniques?). Thoughts?

I believe I posted list of what I would annoint earlier. But, Dirty Techniques are great, Force Shaper is great, Corruption is great, Vitality Void/Soul Raker are pretty damn good too. And ofc also defensive stuff like Soul of Steel and Golem's Blood.

"
Gmorali wrote:
Hey, i found a good addition to the build.

If you use a Witchbrew Flask, the damage goes up by like, 40-50%ish

Should i use this instead of the Frenzy + Despair + Curse on Hit setup?

As long as your despair is level 20 it is not big difference (and also just witchfire is weaker than despair from curse on hit and offensive flask like cinderswallow etc). But, if you don't have nothing else better, Witchfire is definitely very valid choice. But later in the game, I wouldnt replace Cinderswallow with anything, that flask is godly.

"
Mad_Turnip wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mad_Turnip/characters

Character: PathfinderNevaeh

Damage seems a bit on the smaller side, Any ideas what needs to be changed next?

Looking at your gems, all your int gems are severely underleveled, so definitely get more int on gear and level them, it will make huge difference in damage.

For single target, Frenzy + Curse on hit Despair setup adds a lot of damage as well (but i guess you are not running it because of space/int requirement). Self cast Despair is still very worth it for single target.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Hey thedeathbeam - thanks for this amazing guide. It was really rough at the start with no good access to Darkscorn+Glorious Vanity, but it's starting to come together now.

I found this awesome quiver last night, but unsure whether it's worth slamming (via Ex or Leo in Research) - could you take a look at it on my character?

Also I slightly modified the build to play around with some of the new mechanics/gems. I ditched the frenzy chest setup in favour for some janky Withering Step, Plaguebearer w/ Despair via Blasphemy. Not the best for bosses, but it is an insane boost to map clear! Running through packs on T16's with Plague bearer, mirage archer and withering step and everything falls over. Really shines in Delve too.

My next steps is getting a better belt/ring to cap off my Int and level my blue gems to max. Longterm goal is to get a Golden Oil to put Cleansed Thoughts on my neck and rebalance resistances with damage mods. And then even longer is to get a Darkscorn and Glorious Vanity.

Any thoughts on my build so far - would love to hear your take on it.
"
Archernick wrote:
Hey thedeathbeam - thanks for this amazing guide. It was really rough at the start with no good access to Darkscorn+Glorious Vanity, but it's starting to come together now.

I found this awesome quiver last night, but unsure whether it's worth slamming (via Ex or Leo in Research) - could you take a look at it on my character?

Also I slightly modified the build to play around with some of the new mechanics/gems. I ditched the frenzy chest setup in favour for some janky Withering Step, Plaguebearer w/ Despair via Blasphemy. Not the best for bosses, but it is an insane boost to map clear! Running through packs on T16's with Plague bearer, mirage archer and withering step and everything falls over. Really shines in Delve too.

My next steps is getting a better belt/ring to cap off my Int and level my blue gems to max. Longterm goal is to get a Golden Oil to put Cleansed Thoughts on my neck and rebalance resistances with damage mods. And then even longer is to get a Darkscorn and Glorious Vanity.

Any thoughts on my build so far - would love to hear your take on it.

Hi. Glad you like it :)

Yeah, and at start of the league I also didnt really had much budget options as alternatives on Darkscorn as I didnt really planned for running with something else for so long. But glad its starting to work for you :)

Honestly, I wouldnt slam any quiver that does not have piercing implicit on this build, that extra pierce is imo pretty important. The quiver is still very nice tho, but its not something with what I would personally stick for long.

For the Plaguebearer/Step/Blasphemy setup, I was messing around with something similar as well to at least try Plaguebearer on my char, but not sure if its that worth it outside of novelty, or at least my results werent that great (and the 20% less damage while accumulating the buff can be sometimes harsh too). But, I am definitely going to experiment with it more, mainly when you said you are getting good results with it (i am still leveling this char, as its my 2nd one in league).
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
Looking at your gems, all your int gems are severely underleveled, so definitely get more int on gear and level them, it will make huge difference in damage.

For single target, Frenzy + Curse on hit Despair setup adds a lot of damage as well (but i guess you are not running it because of space/int requirement). Self cast Despair is still very worth it for single target.

Thanks! Yeah trying to sort out the int requirments next. Great guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info