Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Gmorali wrote:
Also, if there's some good Body armour unique, i'd like to know too.

Kintsugi is pretty decent for the build, but I would honestly just go with high life and % life rare.

Okay, cool! Thanks!!
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
Small build update
I decided to dump my summoner and just go with SA as I originally planned
Cheers, mate! This is good to read as I am wanting to build around Scourge Arrow this league. However...

Last league I rolled Mathil's variant of this build and it was very good - extremely tanky and good clear.

So, not knowing that Darkscorn would be Legion-league specific, I decided to make this build my league starter.

I immediately ran into multiple problems:

* Darkscorn is Legion-league specific and is thus very rare this league.

* The Glorius Vanity jewel which made Mathil's build extremely tanky is completely unavailable as of now. I knew that this jewel would be Legion-league specific, but I thought, mistakenly, that I could purchase it (relatively) early in Blight League - or could reasonably acquire it within a month's play.

* GGG nerfed the minus mana mods for channeling builds severely - completely unanticipated. This league, mana is much more problematic for this build - you're locked into -mana on the chest piece plus likely other changes in addition.
=======
Do you think that this build is competitive with summoners or assassin-based poisoners this league?
Last edited by hankinsohl on Sep 10, 2019, 8:54:11 AM
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
Small build update
I decided to dump my summoner and just go with SA as I originally planned

Cheers, mate! This is good to read as I am wanting to build around Scourge Arrow this league. However...

Last league I rolled Mathil's variant of this build and it was very good - extremely tanky and good clear.

So, not knowing that Darkscorn would be Legion-league specific, I decided to make this build my league starter.

I immediately ran into multiple problems:

* Darkscorn is Legion-league specific and is thus very rare this league.

* The Glorius Vanity jewel which made Mathil's build extremely tanky is completely unavailable as of now. I knew that this jewel would be Legion-league specific, but I thought, mistakenly, that I could purchase it (relatively) early in Blight League - or could reasonably acquire it within a month's play.

* GGG nerfed the minus mana mods for channeling builds severely - completely unanticipated. This league, mana is much more problematic for this build - you're locked into -mana on the chest piece plus likely other changes in addition.
=======
Do you think that this build is competitive with summoners or assassin-based poisoners this league?

Yeah, all these annoyances actually made me think about all budget alternatives we have. And there are plenty, so imo this build is still very viable for league start (mainly when we level with Toxic Rain and after that we will have decent enough tree that will support SA by itself).

But, with 3.8 changes this build also got huge buffs what basically doubled it's damage, so in theory, to get same damage that was already pretty damn good in 3.7 it now requires only half as much investment. Another plus is that now we have easy access to very good self crafted bows (because of chaos dot multi craft).

Not having Glorious Vanity is not that big of an issue, the build is atm very survivable even without it, Glorious Vanity excels mostly in deeper delves, but otherwise its fine not having it.

For the - mana cost rings, yeah, this part is pretty annoying. But, with the mana flask changes, I think now in case you run into mana issues, it is pretty reasonable to simply run enduring mana flask, they are pretty damn good. And for end-game when it actually matters, that - mana cost body is not very hard to craft as well and just that is enough to reduce SA cost to close to 0.

In regards of Assassins, yeah because Assassins are simply way slower, and good bows are cheaper than good claws because Ass is meta (even though bunch of them started running Bino's just to get that great pathfinder feeling, and that is one of the reasons why I think PF is simply best for poisons, prolif helps really A LOT).

And in comparison to Summoners, well, Summoners are overtuned atm, so they have very good league start because all minions aare doing really a lot of damage thanks to changes. But again, I was playing summoner as league starter as well because I wanted to try it, and yeah, everything was super easy and smooth, but then after I started doing maps I simply realized I am too slow compared to bow ranger, and it was less enjoyable.

Oh btw, another small update to the build:

- Changed Toxic Rain leveling section to be based more around DoT component for smoother leveling

This is mostly because previously it was heavily focusing on poison, but you need some poison nodes for that to feel smooth, so I just replaced the leveling poison links with generic DoT links, so they will benefit both poison and chaos dot from Toxic Rain.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Currently farming red maps (up to 15) without many deaths with this build and maybe 1ex investment (armor+flask) so its very good and tanky for the investment, DPS is really good and I dont have any mana issues even without -mana, running 6-link. (Profile should be public)

What is the best optimal way to do the build tankier at the expensive of dps? Again as the DPs is almost double now, we should easily be able to give away some DPS for more HP etc.

Got 1,5 ex to spend so will buy Nostalgica ring next.

Iron Reflex?
4%life/evo nodes close to duelist starting area?

Thanks for an amazing guide!
"
BeastCC wrote:
Currently farming red maps (up to 15) without many deaths with this build and maybe 1ex investment (armor+flask) so its very good and tanky for the investment, DPS is really good and I dont have any mana issues even without -mana, running 6-link. (Profile should be public)

What is the best optimal way to do the build tankier at the expensive of dps? Again as the DPs is almost double now, we should easily be able to give away some DPS for more HP etc.

Got 1,5 ex to spend so will buy Nostalgica ring next.

Iron Reflex?
4%life/evo nodes close to duelist starting area?

Thanks for an amazing guide!

I spent quite a lot of time with the tree after 3.8 changes and I don't think going for more life is really the way in this case (because we already grab 200%+). But, huge upgrade for survivability of the build would be probably annointing something like Golem's Blood (for life + regen), or Vitality Void/Soul Raker (for leech) or even Force Shaper (damage + dot reduction).

And for general mapping, Cinderswallow is really huge survivability upgrade as well ofc.

You can also run Vaal Grace (that is what I did instead of running Vaal Haste/Blight at the end of 3.7 and it boosted my survivability even more, with Vaal Grace up basically nothing hits you for a while).

And thanks for kind words, I am glad you are enjoying the build :)
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Sep 10, 2019, 8:55:27 AM
Can I play this build as a Raider or for Raider is it better to scale scourge arrow diferently?
Mana goes down so fast i have 836 max , reserved is 778 so i end up with just 58 , any solution about that? i just spamm my mana flask but still it goes down super fast.
"
mcout wrote:
Can I play this build as a Raider or for Raider is it better to scale scourge arrow diferently?

For Raider, ele stacking would be better as you will be losing PF poison prolif and poison damage.

"
eko123456 wrote:
Mana goes down so fast i have 836 max , reserved is 778 so i end up with just 58 , any solution about that? i just spamm my mana flask but still it goes down super fast.

If you can, get hybrid enduring flask, that should work really really well.
My builds:
My site:
Is it correct to always try to full channel + release SA vs bosses for max dps?

Thanks for the guide and frequent updates!
Last edited by PapaSad on Sep 10, 2019, 12:22:19 PM
"
papasad wrote:
Is it correct to always try to full channel + release SA vs bosses for max dps?

Thanks for the guide and frequent updates!

Yeah, on single target you always want to full channel, otherwise you are losing a lot of DPS.

Np, glad you like it :)
My builds:
My site:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info