[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

"

Darkscorn is THE bow both for defense and offense. It's easily outperforming my near perfect rare bow:

While the rare bow has a lot of nice mods, You get a lot more from the high physical damage to chaos conversion on darkscorn. the flat chaos damage you get this way is higher than on any rare bow.

OK, thanks for your answer. I will buy one tomorrow.
The only thing that is holding me back is the total poison dps drop in path of building. thats confusing me, but i dont know how the calculation works and maybe im doing mistakes...

If we are going with the Divine Flesh route / build, does this means that we also need to try to get lots of chaos resistance on gear? Else if we use Darkscrone and take those damages as chaos and our chaos resistance is low, then we will die quickly, is that correct?
I'm planning to go for this route since its more for defense and offense.
I like to survive and deal damage at the same time.

Do most of you guys get the helmet enchantment from lab or buy?
Thanks!
Last edited by mual12345 on Jan 1, 2020, 11:00:57 AM
"
Malira wrote:
"
Iceehiphop wrote:
Hey so I've been liking the poison scourge build and I'm wondering what I should do to improve my DPS. Heres my current build

Anything in particular I should get item wise?

Definitely wanna get a despair on hit set of embalmers. When i picked them up they were a huge damage boost and sped up my mapping quite a bit. Should run around 3.5ex but is worth it.

Also a circle of nostalia ring with "increased chaos damage while affected by herald of agony" and "herald of agony has reduced mana reservation"

The reduced mana reservation from that along with an enlighten in your aura links will let you to run another aura, like an amulet with aspect of the spider or something. Channeling -minus on a ring will go a long ways to achieve additional auras as well. i think they go up to 15 on rings.

Some of this advice i can probably take for myself but those are probably some areas your gear could improve. I'd get the despair on hit embalmers first though.

Won't the curse on hit gloves override the curse on hit on my bow? and also I don't need the channeling cost on rings since my scourge arrow is already at 0 right?
Last edited by Iceehiphop on Jan 1, 2020, 9:08:23 AM
"
"
Hey, just saw your reply. Thank you!!

"Darkscorn is more for defense. It's on par with a rare bow for damage, but a perfect roll rare can be more damage"

Are you sure? Can anyone help me and tell me if they actually get more DPS out of their build with a well rolled Darkscorn? The damage calculation is the most confusing thing for me.

My Bow:

Adds 58 to 128 Chaos Damage
+80 to Accuracy Rating
Curses Enemies With Level 10 Despair On Hit
25% Chance To Poison On Hit
40% Increased Damage with Poison
+35% To Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier
60% Chance for poisons inflicted with this weapon to deal 100% more damage

Darkscorn:

145% increased Physical Damage
Adds 16 to 28 Physical Damage
20% increased Attack Speed
25% increased Global Accuracy Rating
25% of Physical Damage Converted to Chaos Damage
25% of Physical Damage from Hits taken as Chaos Damage
20% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 300% more Damage

Im at work now, can't check POB. But I can remember my total Poison DPS.
With my rare bow, I ended up at around 4,4 Million DPS.
With Darkscorn added in POB, my Poison damage drops by almost a million!

Also, technically its the same, right:

60% Chance for poisons inflicted with this weapon to deal 100% more damage
and
20% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 300% more Damage

In POB I replace these mods with "60% Increased Damage with poison".
How is it possible, that my Poison DPS drops this crazy?
I really want to try Darkscorn, but even the best defenses won't convince me to drop like 25% total DPS. Or am I doing something wrong with my calculation?
Everyone is saying, only the best rare bows can compete with Darkscorn DPS-wise.

Darkscorn is THE bow both for defense and offense. It's easily outperforming my near perfect rare bow:

While the rare bow has a lot of nice mods, You get a lot more from the high physical damage to chaos conversion on darkscorn. the flat chaos damage you get this way is higher than on any rare bow.

This is incorrect. Your rare bow is on pair with darkscorn offensively, yes, but it is far from perfect, because it lacks attack speed. Add attack speed to it in POB and you will see that it nets 700k more dps than darkscorn.
I just switched to this build but I do no damage to single target and it seems like plague bearer only do damage.

Can anyone check my character to see what's wrong ? Thanks
Hey guys!
Awesome build so far!

What do you think of the new Hunter-Mod on boots:
Poisons you inflict deal Damage (8–10)% faster
is it worth going for it?
"
I just switched to this build but I do no damage to single target and it seems like plague bearer only do damage.

Can anyone check my character to see what's wrong ? Thanks

Well, I would start with your gems being extremely low level, and then you are not using embalmers and drillneck, what are huge damage boosts before crafting actual quiver or getting fenumus gloves after fitting in apsect.

"
Schwunges wrote:
Hey guys!
Awesome build so far!

What do you think of the new Hunter-Mod on boots:
Poisons you inflict deal Damage (8–10)% faster
is it worth going for it?

Definitely, faster poisons are huge QoL and damage boost for first few seconds of the fight when you are ramping up, so all sources of faster poisons are very valuable.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
isnt fenumus weave better than the embalmer?
"
xhamen wrote:
isnt fenumus weave better than the embalmer?

Its more damage if you can fit it in together with reserving aspect of spider.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
I don't really know what steps I should take to upgrade my gear. I only spent about 20c or so on this stuff. I've got an ex budget now to upgrade, any suggestions?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info