[3.8] CI Aura Bot (19Auras / Aspect / Smite / Party Fortify / Tanky)

"
charlots wrote:
TL;DR : what do u think of animated guardian and Vaal gems?

I'm playing a different version since I always wanted to play Aegis Aurora (i regen more than 2k ES on block, it's satisfying to tank most things). I setup a bone offering + desecrate triggered on weapon, glancing blows from timeless jewels but I use less auras. I wanted to ask you if you tried to have an Animated guardian. I think it can give a significant upgrade at the expense of 1 or 2 sockets.
In my case being max block/spell makes me feel tankier. As long as they hit me I get healed. But I only have 6k ES so I can get One shot by fire or lightning dmg I guess ( happened on 400depth Aul with extra lightning dmg ). I also am using using the vaal molten shell on cast when dmg taken for the cool 10k and 30k shields. I guess I really invested in these layers.
Also your timeless jewel gives you 2% extra res. I don't use them so do you find them super important ? I realise going from 84% res to 86% is 12.5% less elemental dmg taken but isn't it overkill ?

I think adapting the build to your liking is the most important,

Vaal gems are extremely useful and I'm currently using Vaal Discipline and Vaal Grace

Recovering ES on block with glancing blows is hellah broken at the moment and makes you immortal to small hits really and animated guardians are all fun things that work especially if you like them, I don't have an anumated guardian because i didn't like managing them in the past, but its definitely strong and worth the socket it takes

I can definitely say under a lot of circumstances you you prolly tankier than me xD

I don't think timelesss jewel are necessary and i definitely think that almost all builds should use one in some way like you have but 86 (potentially 87~88) max res is definitely not overkill, you can never give to much res ;) its a great feeling having 75Max res in a -11 max map
Personally i like lots of numbers, ES, Res, Auras, Armour the ability to fit so much shit on mana and giving massive dps increases as well as survivability to others is pretty cool for me

Dropping Auras, for more defensive setups, animated guardians, curses and things said person finds cool is all awesome and I hope most people do that with my guide other than just copy it flat out and wish they had something else.

TL;DR depending on your playstyle, who you play with and what you like doing i think anything is fine as long as your adapt it for yourself and content you do :)
well, four hours later

no issues with mana costs whatsoever (even WITHOUT my Eye), so I don't need THAT shaper mod.

eye in question:
Last edited by bvanharjr on Jun 27, 2019, 2:24:04 PM
"
bvanharjr wrote:
well, four hours later

no issues with mana costs whatsoever (even WITHOUT my Eye), so I don't need THAT shaper mod.

eye in question:

Ouufff that +2 mele Gems for smite is hallah lit
Nice!!
I want to use boots for animated guardian setup. Any tips? What items to wear on it? Gem setup? What does it need to not die? Drop items on death on guardians set?
Really interested to try this as I've never done an aurabot before, but could use a little help in terms of the skill tree path!
Where to go first, etc.

Dont wanna get halfway through and realize i've gone the complete wrong direction in the skill tree lmao
"
monoxide1337 wrote:
Really interested to try this as I've never done an aurabot before, but could use a little help in terms of the skill tree path!
Where to go first, etc.

Dont wanna get halfway through and realize i've gone the complete wrong direction in the skill tree lmao

Hi, just got home ill add details to the guide as I can but for the time being,

Focus on getting this Base tree first (Take CI when get your Shaped Shield and Have enough ES) usually around level ~75 in the mean time you can you Prism Guardian to Reserve 2-3 Auras on Life for "free"
Spoiler

Then Path to the last aura nodes at the bottom
Spoiler

Then from there you can start taking Iron Reflex, ES and all nearby Jewel Sockets.
Spoiler

If you are comfortable running less Auras and want to save money you can take more ES nodes early on and respect later.
"
Yapren wrote:
I want to use boots for animated guardian setup. Any tips? What items to wear on it? Gem setup? What does it need to not die? Drop items on death on guardians set?

Hi not an expert on Animated Guardian but ive used this:

Victario's Flight
Southbound Gloves
Dying Breath
Leer Cast
Ambu's Charge
or
Belly of the Beast

These are the ones im aware of if any one has other suggestions and tips i would be glad to add them to the guide!

Does it actually matter if you take the points behind witch or behind Templar? they we dont path from either so it's just passive right/
"
combinesd wrote:
Does it actually matter if you take the points behind witch or behind Templar? they we dont path from either so it's just passive right/

Exactly! It used to be youd path from witch for the ES nodes and drop the pathing nodes from Scion,

but since those nodes are R I P its not really worth it at all.
Zahndethus' Cassock is also good. Chaos Res frm ANY Variant (yes, even 20%!!!!) is VERY important on your guardian, and you basically get NONE elsewhere!

edit: this was supposed to be a quote reply, dammit.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Jun 28, 2019, 8:57:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info