(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

hey Wallach,

did your HFT Hiero in Synthesis and preparing for FP in Legion now ... thx for these builds man, they're awesome!
"
herkufels wrote:
hey Wallach,

did your HFT Hiero in Synthesis and preparing for FP in Legion now ... thx for these builds man, they're awesome!

Thanks, hope you enjoy this one too!

The video guide for this build is done uploading and is added to the OP, though it may be a little while before it is fully processed and viewable in full quality.
Would this build be viable for someone that struggles to obtain even a few exalts worth of currency every league? Or would it require more currency investment in order to be effective? Would I be able to kill Shaper on a lower budget, say less than 2 exalts?
"
Squatch wrote:
Would this build be viable for someone that struggles to obtain even a few exalts worth of currency every league? Or would it require more currency investment in order to be effective? Would I be able to kill Shaper on a lower budget, say less than 2 exalts?

The way this league is you'll certainly make more currency than normal just trying to clear your Atlas up to Shaper. You can absolutely get started on a very low budget; if you tally up the cost of the "mandatory" unique items for this setup and stick to a 5L you're looking at something like 40-45c, and a 5L won't be a limiting factor for the Shaper.

For example if you look at the default Path of Building setup I have, drop it to a 5L, switch the weapon out for an average Doryani's Catalyst (~5c), and remove the Amulet slot entirely (to simulate worse gear in your other slots) you're still at ~250k Shaper DPS per totem with 5 totems. That'll clear Shaper and any map on the Atlas no problem.
Last edited by Wallach on Jun 24, 2019, 8:46:01 PM
Very well written guide, thanks for that, enjoying it so far. :-)
Hey Wallach, great guide, I'm really enjoying the build. One quick question. I managed to isolate the 20% elemental as chaos on a rare sceptre and I'm trying to figure out the best weapon mods. I've tried to replace the flat cold damage with cold damage % on PoB and we gain about 10k damage. Is there a specific reason for the flat damage over the % increase cold that I'm not seeing? Does it interact differently with the extra damage as chaos?
Hey Wallach, appreciate the build. Hit 82 in LHC, are there any map mods you've noticed that I would want to avoid when mapping?
Last edited by T_V_C on Jun 25, 2019, 1:58:50 PM
Elemental reflect kills your totems fast .. its annoying, but playable. Just spam totems :)

Bad mod for me is cannot regenerate life, mana ... when this mod comes, I reroll this.
"
yuushasama wrote:
Hey Wallach, great guide, I'm really enjoying the build. One quick question. I managed to isolate the 20% elemental as chaos on a rare sceptre and I'm trying to figure out the best weapon mods. I've tried to replace the flat cold damage with cold damage % on PoB and we gain about 10k damage. Is there a specific reason for the flat damage over the % increase cold that I'm not seeing? Does it interact differently with the extra damage as chaos?

The "Increased Cold Damage" prefix is mutually exclusive to a number of other prefixes, including all of the primary "Increased Spell Damage" prefixes (including the 4% Non-Chaos as Chaos hybrid roll I recommend), so you can't replace the flat Cold damage with it, only the primary Spell Damage prefix (which is a better prefix to use).

I like to use Poecraft to do quick crafting checks as it properly tracks which affixes are mutually exclusive at a glance and will help you put together better crafts.

"
T_V_C wrote:
Hey Wallach, appreciate the build. Hit 82 in LHC, are there any map mods you've noticed that I would want to avoid when mapping?

The "Players Cannot Regenerate Life / Mana" affix is something I reroll in SC so I'm sure you'd want to do so in HC just because we depend so much on our Mana regen. I think I might even reroll the 60% slower Life recovery affix in HC just because we don't have a ton of Life regen in the build; you can get by with instant healing flasks but you'll want to be extra careful in HC.

Also remember to pay a little more respect to +2 chain affix when playing a totem build since you are putting targets on the field for enemies to bounce their projectiles off of into you. The +2 projectiles affix is especially dangerous when paired with +2 chain; if you are going to risk that combination on a map, I recommend skipping Alva if she appears there because it makes any large packs of chaos shooters in the temple incursions extremely deadly (entire pack aggros totem and fires simultaneously, all projectiles simultaneously chain off totem into you).
Today i have bad day :(
Finally I had 7exa for Atziris Reflection ... so i went to poe.trade to buy one. I whisped some korean guy (he offered nice one for 6,5exa). I was trusting and I didnt check trade properely .. he gave me Atziris mirror :(
Korean scammer and I fooled him.

Rip my 6,5exa .. now i can save currency again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info