(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

Very funny is permafreezing bosses in phases.
"
Wilmots wrote:
No, T13 map, no mf.

Ooofff
I'm glad I switched from your HF totem build to this one, I'm having a blast!
I've never attempted Uber Elder before, and with this build I've killed him twice woOT!
My first try was ugly as hell and took me 16 portals lol, but dammit I did it!
2nd kill only took 5 portals. I just need to stop panicking in that fight, it's not that hard with this build.
Yeah it's a good build for U-Elder because you can mainly focus on dodging, but man if you don't dodge correctly you die so fast. Really good to get better at the fight, you can't "hide" behind tanking.

Wallach I don't know what your build did to me, but every build I have tried since feels bad. It's not the first totem build I play, but it's the first that highlights almost everything I like in a PoE build. I'm afraid I'm spoiled for life.

On the bright side, I have a few build ideas inspired by this one, might give a try to a custom-made build for once.
Brilliant build, got my first uber-elder kill with it yesterday. Now I'm just saving up for that darn shield (about 1/2 way there).
Hi ya'll, looking for some guidance on where to go next. I've thrown 3 Soul Mantles into a double corrupt and so far bricked all 3. Besides continuing to shoot for +2 projectiles, are there any glaring holes? Appreciate you guys taking a look. I'm using Zealotry instead of Hatred because I was able to find a decently affordable dual Watchers.

"
jcolatosti wrote:
Hi ya'll, looking for some guidance on where to go next. I've thrown 3 Soul Mantles into a double corrupt and so far bricked all 3. Besides continuing to shoot for +2 projectiles, are there any glaring holes? Appreciate you guys taking a look. I'm using Zealotry instead of Hatred because I was able to find a decently affordable dual Watchers.

if you're willing to give up mark, a second worm with wrath socketed might be slightly more dps
Thanks Wallach. I think i'll try taking it to 100 as there's not much left to accomplish with the build :)

Guides(old, not updated)
LL BV Trickster - /1699146
CoC Quill Rain - /1668121
Hi Wallach / Caelsora,

So I started leveling my Hierophant over the weekend. Leveling was very smooth as you would expect with a tabula, goldrim, lifesprigs...etc. Currently Lvl 86 and still to do Uber lab. I'm truly terrible at lab and it looked a little sketchy yesterday so at some point this week I expect I will throw myself at it a few times.

As is pretty much always the case I tend to go a little off script when it comes to following guides. In this case it was only a mild deviation as I don't really have any experience with totems!

Anyway, below is my current gear:

Spoiler

As you can see I have decided on trying a life / EB + MoM setup. I got quite excited about the possibility of having a life flask that would give me around 2,500 life & 2,500 energy shield instantly using the Elegant Hubris of Cadiro and that does feel pretty nice. The devouring Diadem also periodically sucks up any corpses (that haven't shattered) to replenish 400 life, ES & Mana per corpse.

I can also now run Hatred, Zealotry, Discipline, lvl 1 Precision & lvl 1 Clarity without needing any invrestement of mana reduction on the tree. It also means I don't need to invest in any mana or even ES scaling.

I use an Unnatural Instinct (which dropped for me a week ago - I wouldn't buy one) to the left of Templar to grab 30% inc Ele damage, 12% life, 10% ES, 30 Str & some nice QoL with 36% inc duration of both Power charges & Endurance Charges. It also inadvertently gives me 10 dex since I now path the tree that way!

Downsides to the build of which there certainly are some pretty big ones:-

1. Using extra uniques makes getting good life & also capping res pretty difficult leading me on to my next issue.

2. Chaos damage really hurts!! Since the EB / MoM does nothing for you all the chaos damage goes direct to life of which I have quite a bit less than you would expect. A little under 4K. I tend to use an Atziri's flask instead of The Wise Oak if attempting incursions but even then I still die occasionally in yellow map incursions.

3. As mentioned above EHP has taken a pretty chunky hit. I will hope to be around 6.5K at level 92 with Life + ES pretty nicely balanced for 40% MoM. A little extra ES on top to account for casting totems.

4. I can no longer use a high level Arcane Surge since I don't spend mana anymore. I opted for using Command of the Pit gloves rather than going for Arcane Blessing. This now means I use a storm brand + CoH setup for bossing. One slight benefit is that using zealotry and storm brand means I get high uptime on dropping consecrated ground beneath them which gives them an extra 100% chance to be critically hit. I run a vaal arc when mapping. Vaal arc is super nice when popping open a monolith because one cast literally hits and curses the entire legion, assuming a fairly open and well spaced legion density.

5. Severe lack of sockets. Currently not running the CWDT + Steelskin or the Cold snap + Bonechill setup. I am leveling them so I will play around at some point as I have 1 spare 3-link.

All in all I'm definitely happy with how the build is shaping up. Almost certainly the most damage I have ever played with and the sounds as everything shatters is really satisfying. It's certainly not going to be super tanky but then I mostly just run about in yellow maps so hopefully it won't need to be. I may swap in a Rumi's if I find myself dying a bit too often. My goal is to try and hit 92 and then start throwing myself at Red maps. I've never rrally ventured much into red maps so be interesting to see how I get on!

Thx again for your excellent guide Wallach and for your help Caelsora. I hope you are both well!

[Edit: Uber Lab done. Nice layout today and I hadn't realised that you pretty much insta-phase Izaro so he never actually does anything. Nice! ]
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Jul 22, 2019, 4:14:56 AM
build from 20/25 exa I would be surprised if it didn't work

p.s.
on average I see 2 exas a season, one day you will explain the trick to me.....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info