(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

Loving the build so far. I have a suggestion. We're always on low life, so you should make use of Panicked Life flasks. Coward's legacy + Panicked flask = 2160 instant recovery before any flask effectiveness stats. You can pair this with the Alchemist cluster for some really decent recovery.

I'm using the keystone Supreme Decadence replacing Avatar of Fire, so that my life flasks apply to ES. One sip restores my entire Energy shield plus some life. My Elegant Hubris also has two 80 spell damage nodes for minimal cost, so I get a nice mix of offense and defense with this jewel.

Just crafted my Wand and the damage increase feels great!

Guides(old, not updated)
LL BV Trickster - /1699146
CoC Quill Rain - /1668121
BY far the best build I have played in recent times. I always liked totem play style and spell casting after that. Melee is not for me. I was worried whether I would enjoy the league or not.

40/40 says it all.
Last edited by spacenoxx on Jul 17, 2019, 1:17:33 PM
Last edited by Wilmots on Jul 17, 2019, 3:33:59 PM
Heyo, I got a question about the first snow jewels and the increased dmg after shattering enemies.

Since freezing pulse only gets its dmg increase when the caster shatters enemies, would it apply to the totems as well? Since I haven't seen the tooltip for the skill increase in dmg whenever they shatter enemies(could be wrong because the tooltip isn't reliable)

I know it still worth the jewel slots because of the 2 extra projectiles + projectile dmg per jewel

Would it be better to use elemental focus support gem as well, regardless of not chilling/freezing enemies (which could affect defences but bring more dmg)
"
Caelsora wrote:
Loving the build so far. I have a suggestion. We're always on low life, so you should make use of Panicked Life flasks. Coward's legacy + Panicked flask = 2160 instant recovery before any flask effectiveness stats. You can pair this with the Alchemist cluster for some really decent recovery.

I'm using the keystone Supreme Decadence replacing Avatar of Fire, so that my life flasks apply to ES. One sip restores my entire Energy shield plus some life. My Elegant Hubris also has two 80 spell damage nodes for minimal cost, so I get a nice mix of offense and defense with this jewel.

Just crafted my Wand and the damage increase feels great!

The Panicked life flask is a great suggestion, I didn't really consider that for the high-budget setup for some reason. Thanks for the idea!

Interesting idea about Supreme Decadence. I think it's something I'd consider more for Hardcore since it costs you 4 skill points, but considering physical burst damage is probably the biggest threat to the build it sounds like a pretty good option (especially paired with instant flasks).

"
tempustasis wrote:
Heyo, I got a question about the first snow jewels and the increased dmg after shattering enemies.

Since freezing pulse only gets its dmg increase when the caster shatters enemies, would it apply to the totems as well? Since I haven't seen the tooltip for the skill increase in dmg whenever they shatter enemies(could be wrong because the tooltip isn't reliable)

I know it still worth the jewel slots because of the 2 extra projectiles + projectile dmg per jewel

Would it be better to use elemental focus support gem as well, regardless of not chilling/freezing enemies (which could affect defences but bring more dmg)

I'm guessing the First Snow shatter bonus doesn't apply since you are not the one who shattered an enemy, but it's a pretty minor damage bonus. It's not such that it would make Elemental Focus worth running because that would reduce the frequency we are getting Hypothermia bonus, as well as make a lot of content significantly harder. Part of the power of this build is consistently freezing nearly everything, which doesn't just reduce incoming damage but removes threats like porcupines or delve crickets. This build already has access to so much damage it would never be worth losing that much utility for more of it.
Nice drop in a legion, but what to do with it in this build?

Ok I got 175 exalted now...lets go shopping!
Last edited by Wilmots on Jul 18, 2019, 7:03:52 AM
"
Wilmots wrote:
Nice drop in a legion, but what to do with it in this build?

Ok I got 175 exalted now...lets go shopping!

Damn nice. T16 Legion? MF?
No, T13 map, no mf.
"
Wallach wrote:

The Panicked life flask is a great suggestion, I didn't really consider that for the high-budget setup for some reason. Thanks for the idea!

Interesting idea about Supreme Decadence. I think it's something I'd consider more for Hardcore since it costs you 4 skill points, but considering physical burst damage is probably the biggest threat to the build it sounds like a pretty good option (especially paired with instant flasks).

Yeah! I actually didn't think of it myself until level 90. I was using a seething, it's night and day!

You're right in that 4 points can be a lot for a SC build to invest in non-life defenses. I guess it depends on your playstyle though. I do not play safe, and while I made it through leveling deathless there are far too many rippy things later on and I have a tendency to get myself in trouble.

A Chitus Elegant Hubris is a great option if you feel tanky enough. Supreme Ego gives Hatred 50% more effectiveness with no downside for us(if you reserve aura on essence worm) other than passive point investment. This adds a 9.5% more cold damage multiplier, and scales with aura effectiveness.

I know that it is not practical, given the nature of the jewels, but having a good Chitus and a good Cadiro jewel to switch between off/def for the Avatar of Fire node is helpful. But if you were to pick just one I think those 2 are the best keystones for our build. Chitus = Offence | Cadiro = Defense

Some nodes to look out for:

Gemling Inquisition- 80% increased Spell Damage
Brutal Execution- 40% to Critical Strike Multiplier
Dialla's Wit- 15% increased Cast Speed
Superiority- 15% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras from your Skills (When paired with Supreme Ego this is a 4%~ DPS increase running Hatred)
Gemling Ambush- 80% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
Robust Diet- 10% increased maximum Life(1 pointer)
Fat Resistance nodes (use as necessary on 1 pointers)

Meh/dont use
Rites of Lunaris- 30% increased Effect of Chill(Don't think we need this at all)
Eternal Separation- 4% increased Energy Shield per Power Charge(This could be useful if it's sitting on a 30dex/str node for a 1 point investment.
Anything else I know there are some other stats we could use but even as 1 point investments I would skip them.
Guides(old, not updated)
LL BV Trickster - /1699146
CoC Quill Rain - /1668121
Last edited by Caelsora on Jul 18, 2019, 12:47:31 PM
Thx for the list of useful notables Caelsora.

I've bought 3 Elegant Hubris' of Cadiro so far but the most useful stats I had on either of the str / dex notables was elemental resistances - lol!

Hopefully I will get one with something useful at some point.

Still got a few of the more basic bits to get the build working to go so I'm sticking with just using it for the keystone conversion. Mostly buying gems with quality so I don't need to flip them. Should be ready to start leveling Saturday morning assuming nothing comes up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info