[3.15] Broodmother: Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP

"
slyngplante wrote:
Why aren’t you using Necromantic Aegis and Victario’s for frenzy and power charges? Feels like it would add a lot of DPS over the Scourge. Doesn't it work on spider minions?

If you take Victario's you have to sacrifice 4 skill points (loss of 1-2 jewel sockets) and you can't use the rare shield I have added in the build that we specifically equip for Uber Elder to have more max life. If you use Victario's, you will have around 5200 life during Uber Elder, which is a low amount of life and will make the fight very hard as you will get 1 shot or nearly 1 shot many times throughout the course of the fight.

So you lose all that survivability for what, another 1 million Shaper DPS? But we already have 4.4m Shaper DPS with The Scourge, which is already more than enough (you can melt him with 2m DPS). There is no need for Victario's on the build.
My guides:
[3.15] Broodmother: A Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2540439
Last edited by Inkira on Jul 16, 2019, 11:46:03 PM
I've made a decent sized update to the build itself as well as the forum thread.

- Added Bane and Enhance into the curse setup and removed Ball Lightning and
Curse on Hit
- Added new POB trees with the gem changes and modified the lvl 90 tree to
have more life
- Added a new video showcasing a Vaal Temple clear with the build changes
- Changed various sections of the thread for better wording and to reflect the
new changes to the build
- Added a Feedback section to the thread

Thanks to everyone for their feedback and kind replies about the build! Also thank you to Chaplin1108 for his suggestion to use Bane.
My guides:
[3.15] Broodmother: A Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP
Last edited by Inkira on Jul 19, 2019, 1:07:38 AM
"
Inkira wrote:
I've made a decent sized update to the build itself as well as the forum thread.

Curse on Hit
have more life
new changes to the build

Thanks to everyone for their feedback and kind replies about the build! Also thank you to Chaplin1108 for his suggestion to use Bane.

I forgot enhance support existed! I was using the cheaper option of Efficacy Support (extended duration) or Increased Area of Effect (mapping). But I suppose that would be the high end option.
Last edited by Chaplin1108 on Jul 19, 2019, 12:16:15 PM
"
Chaplin1108 wrote:
"
Inkira wrote:

Curse on Hit
have more life
new changes to the build

I forgot enhance support existed! I was using the cheaper option of Efficacy Support (extended duration) or Increased Area of Effect (mapping). But I suppose that would be the high end option.

Yea I played around with Enhance and Increased AOE and Enhance is by far the best choice. I don't think the extra AOE is needed at all, and you don't need more curse duration from Efficacy because they're already 15 seconds long.
My guides:
First things first: this build is awesome.

Incredibly cheap for an UElder killer, even when Mathil effect made Devouring Diadem stupid overpriced, and will kill almost everything even if your jewels are terrible (like mine). Also, switching Ball Lightning for Bane made it way easier to summon 20 spiders, which was kind of a bother sometimes and a cause for some deaths.

My only question is: did someone try to 5-way battle with this build? Because I tried a 3-way battle and... well, it was dissapointing. I'm wondering if GGG actually overtuned the bosses HP or something, those things just wont die.
"
KairoStark wrote:

Incredibly cheap for an UElder killer, even when Mathil effect made Devouring Diadem stupid overpriced, and will kill almost everything even if your jewels are terrible (like mine). Also, switching Ball Lightning for Bane made it way easier to summon 20 spiders, which was kind of a bother sometimes and a cause for some deaths.

My only question is: did someone try to 5-way battle with this build? Because I tried a 3-way battle and... well, it was dissapointing. I'm wondering if GGG actually overtuned the bosses HP or something, those things just wont die.

I have done it and cleared it just fine. I was able to melt all generals EXCEPT General Marcus Lioneye of the Eternal Empire... Unfortunately the spiders would not cooperate in hitting him correctly during his immunity phase, where he is surrounded. He was the only general giving me trouble when I tried to deal with him in the 5 way fight. Otherwise, I was more than able to melt their HP. The only other general with too much HP is the Maraketh one, but that is because she has 2 phases. Otherwise, all the other generals are a cinch to melt in the 5 way fight.
"
Chaplin1108 wrote:
"
KairoStark wrote:

I have done it and cleared it just fine. I was able to melt all generals EXCEPT General Marcus Lioneye of the Eternal Empire... Unfortunately the spiders would not cooperate in hitting him correctly during his immunity phase, where he is surrounded. He was the only general giving me trouble when I tried to deal with him in the 5 way fight. Otherwise, I was more than able to melt their HP. The only other general with too much HP is the Maraketh one, but that is because she has 2 phases. Otherwise, all the other generals are a cinch to melt in the 5 way fight.

Yea the only issue with the spiders is they are SO aggressive you can't really direct them very much, so if they decide to run off screen and kill something else you can't do much about it. This build isn't really meant to farm Timeless Conflict, there are better builds out there for it, but what this build excels at is mapping and bossing. Also during a 5 way everything does have really high HP yes.
My guides:
Hey, I really enjoy the build, damage is really good considering how cheap it is. I have a question tho: on OP's POB damage calculation it shows that spirit offering gives 41% phys gain as chaos, yet mine only gives 29... where does the extra 12% come from?

Thanks in advance
"
winlith wrote:
Hey, I really enjoy the build, damage is really good considering how cheap it is. I have a question tho: on OP's POB damage calculation it shows that spirit offering gives 41% phys gain as chaos, yet mine only gives 29... where does the extra 12% come from?

Thanks in advance

Helm enchant gives an extra +12%, but it's by no means required.
My guides:
"
Inkira wrote:
"
winlith wrote:

Thanks in advance

Helm enchant gives an extra +12%, but it's by no means required.

Ohhh that would explain it. Thanks for replying so fast. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info