3.7.0e Patch Notes (Restartless)

"
MooseAK wrote:
Still unable to play due to never ending loading screen, on any gateway.

I get that about 10-20% of the time. quite annoying
"
Shapemyst wrote:
"
"
Shapemyst wrote:
Tnx for making me reinstall the game 2ce over again via steam :)

That's not GGG's fault, it's steam's. Use standalone if you care about your bandwidth.

I know its not ONLY GGG's fault (i mean they can communicate about a fix for this you know)

But to my pleasure i was over reacting, i only needed to wait 35mins this time for a 10mb patch :D

It is the fault of the person that decided a single file with all the data is a good idea and fails to acknowledge their error and fix this situation.

Also note to self, before quitting the client, check if there isn't a restartless patch. Otherwise, keep it running, unless a half an hour break is in order.

OTOH, no crashes so far, THX GGG.
I guess it's either 1 or 48,000. Nothing in between, right?
No more crashes during the last hour, well done! :)
"
Shapemyst wrote:

That is not GGG's issue. Blame Valve. Standalone has NO issues with patches.
Besides, standalone patches are 2-2.5 times SMALLER than Steam's. And you have better compatibility with standalone than Steam's client for some GODFORSAKEN reason.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Jun 9, 2019, 5:43:55 AM
"
bvanharjr wrote:
"
Shapemyst wrote:

That is not GGG's issue. Blame Valve. Standalone has NO issues with patches.
Besides, standalone patches are 2-2.5 times SMALLER than Steam's. And you have better compatibility with standalone than Steam's client for some GODFORSAKEN reason.
No. It's purely GGG's fault. No other game I own on Steam has this issue. Like a person above said, it has to do with all the game data being packed into one enormous file. They have 2 different versions of the game on PC, Standalone and Steam. And knowing that they can't do their "normal" patching (BTW, even the "normal" one takes huge time to finish due to "space allocation"), they still did nothing to remedy the problem their game has with Steam (note: not Steam with their game, but vice versa!) in Steam version of the game.
Also, Steam does not prevent any game launchers, so even it could be a workaround if GGG wanted to partially it.
So please dont tell any fairytales about blaming Steam for the situation.
TheuberClips and Terence_ died for this. ^^ (Bazaar)
Still awaiting some acknowledgement regarding Frostblink not being supportable by anything regarding its hit damage.
"
Fixed an instance crash when opening Shaper Guardian maps while occupied by Elder Guardians.

Wow-not even two complete days into this league and already someone has got this far?

We are not worthy - all hail the uber elder killer!
Pog had to download the whole game again today for some reason :)
"
Sixtysan wrote:
Fortify not working with wands is intentional or a bug?

Yes GGG knows:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2518443/page/1#p22025320

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info