[3.9] The Hitman, Elemental Hit Slayer (League Starter to Endgame / 800+ Delve)

"
b3nque wrote:
Out of Curiosity I'm interested with your current tree setup(your profile) vs your Endgame setup on PoB. As they seem slightly different. Is this due to you using timeless jewel so you had to take out blind + Forces of Nature for a jewel slot or two? @Tenkiei

In part yes, and also because my current tree is specifically focused around delving and so I dropped Arctic Armor for Flesh and Stone (blinding nearby enemies) as the phase runners around depth 1000 can often 1-shot me if they connect anyway.

So when I needed to reallocate points to a jewel socket Dazzling Strikes was the "weak link" if you will, and I took Master Fletcher to make up for some of the damage lost dropping the other nodes.

That's also ultimately why I dropped Piercing Shots in my current tree and corrupted a bunch of gloves with +1 pierce until I got ele weak on them (Note it's much cheaper to just use it on the helm but I wanted % of phys taken as fire on my helmet).
Last edited by Tenkiei on Jul 14, 2019, 2:47:48 PM
I played Ele hit in the past, but always as Ascendant. Why is Slayer so much better now?
IGN: DabrixRN
Looking to buy

Gloves with

Curse with elemental weakness on hit
*at least 70 life
*Lightning res 35+
*Cold res 35+

Projectiles pierce an additional target would be great but would consider
without.

can't find squat on poetrade and resists are necessary :(
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
I played Ele hit in the past, but always as Ascendant. Why is Slayer so much better now?

It got a large buff to damage, and all of its bonuses are far more generic now. Ascendant-Slayer also took a large nerf with the leech changes thus making it less appealing.

"
Alavar wrote:
Looking to buy

Gloves with

*at least 70 life
*Lightning res 35+
*Cold res 35+

without.

Your best bet is honestly to corrupt them yourself.
"
Tenkiei wrote:
"
Thomasmgp wrote:

It got a large buff to damage, and all of its bonuses are far more generic now. Ascendant-Slayer also took a large nerf with the leech changes thus making it less appealing.

"
Alavar wrote:
Looking to buy

Gloves with

*at least 70 life
*Lightning res 35+
*Cold res 35+

without.

I tried with a couple pairs of gloves i had...to make sure i'm doing it right...I just find the stats i want and use a vaal orb..and hope for the implicit? ...i don't have to do the temple corruption table to get it do i?

Thank you as always!
Last edited by Alavar on Jul 15, 2019, 2:30:30 PM
"
Alavar wrote:
"
Tenkiei wrote:
"
Thomasmgp wrote:

"
Alavar wrote:
Looking to buy

Gloves with

*at least 70 life
*Lightning res 35+
*Cold res 35+

without.

I tried with a couple pairs of gloves i had...to make sure i'm doing it right...I just find the stats i want and use a vaal orb..and hope for the implicit? ...i don't have to do the temple corruption table to get it do i?

Thank you as always!

Correct, just remember to quality the item before you corrupt it, linking/coloring may also be helpful but can be fixed after if needed.

I've tried 6 pairs of gloves..def qualitied/colored/linked first :)
All Failed except One pair hit +2 to traps and mines :(

Prob don't wanna sell your gloves eh? :)
Last edited by Alavar on Jul 15, 2019, 3:37:13 PM

**I also noticed that my critical hit chance is low...54.48%
guildie said i should have around 80% ?? to be effective with my crit multi being 461%
Last edited by Alavar on Jul 15, 2019, 4:19:19 PM
I was bored and decided to chaos spam some ilvl 86 shaped quivers and ended up with these. None are really GG but any ideas which one might be the best so I can sell the rest? Im kinda leaning towards the first one but the garbage WED roll pisses me off to look at lol. The second seems decent with all that accuracy but no Crit Multi. The third one would be nice if the Crit Multi wasnt so awful.

Also in regards to gem setup I have had absolutely terrible luck this league both using Jews to get 6s and 6-linking items so I just used a single Jew with a prophecy I got from a monolith to 5L it. What support do I leave off until I get enough currency to attempt 6-linking? I will also be running a +2 Frostferno for single target. Im guessing leave off the Damage on Full Life for now?
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Jul 15, 2019, 5:52:50 PM
"
Alavar wrote:

I've tried 6 pairs of gloves..def qualitied/colored/linked first :)
All Failed except One pair hit +2 to traps and mines :(

Prob don't wanna sell your gloves eh? :)

Not particularly no, haha sorry. I think I hit my first ele weakness pretty quickly within 5-10 pairs, and my second within roughly 30 pairs but unfortunately it's all random.

-----

"
Alavar wrote:

**I also noticed that my critical hit chance is low...54.48%
guildie said i should have around 80% ?? to be effective with my crit multi being 461%

Arbitrary number is arbitrary....
You should use PoB, to see relatively speaking what's adding more damage to your character be it crit chance, multi, attack speed, attack damage, or flat damage. But beyond that PoE is not a game of specifics.

In general, more critical strike chance is good when you have high crit multi, but there is no "magic number".

-----

"
Thomasmgp wrote:
I was bored and decided to chaos spam some ilvl 86 shaped quivers and ended up with these. None are really GG but any ideas which one might be the best so I can sell the rest? Im kinda leaning towards the first one but the garbage WED roll pisses me off to look at lol. The second seems decent with all that accuracy but no Crit Multi. The third one would be nice if the Crit Multi wasnt so awful.

Also in regards to gem setup I have had absolutely terrible luck this league both using Jews to get 6s and 6-linking items so I just used a single Jew with a prophecy I got from a monolith to 5L it. What support do I leave off until I get enough currency to attempt 6-linking? I will also be running a +2 Frostferno for single target. Im guessing leave off the Damage on Full Life for now?

My money is on number three Brimstone Spire, but the real answer is "whichever one PoB says is best"

Supports are covered on the first page of the guide.
Last edited by Tenkiei on Jul 16, 2019, 2:11:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info