[3.9] The Hitman, Elemental Hit Slayer (League Starter to Endgame / 800+ Delve)

"
leohero923 wrote:
Note for everyone who is new in crafting like me

How to craft "The first strong bow" +1 gem lvl +2 fire gem level
Step by step, easy to follow

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5540xu/how_to_craft_3_elemental_bows_in_essence/

Definitely a good step by step guide for first time crafters.

Note: You can use a beastcraft "Add a random prefix, remove a random suffix" Farric Wolf Alpha in place of the exalted orb.

The prefix will respect your meta mod "Cannot Roll Attack mods"
Last edited by Tenkiei on Jul 7, 2019, 5:39:10 PM

I think this is the meta craft bow for Ele Hit, and should be brought up when having a crafting discussion, as an option.

It costs ~8.5 ex to craft this (5ex for the base, 2ex multimod, 1ex for ele pen mod). There are a bunch on the market that cost less than the price to craft them. This bow is good because of how it buffs your single target frostferno skill.

~ twitch.tv/animeprincess ~ everything was beautiful and nothing hurt ~
Last edited by xsnowingx on Jul 9, 2019, 3:59:47 PM
I disagree. I think at 5.5 ex it's an acceptable stopgap but there's much better out there with fossil crafting, and I still don't advise frostferno unless you have a +8 so I'd assume someone can afford to spend the 10-20 ex to craft a proper fossil rolled bow at that point.
Hello Tenkiei

Was curious why you don't have immortal call linked with steelskin and CWDT...

Also wondering if your choosing Flesh and Stone over Arctic armour or...if you swap in arctic armour in special circumstances

..trying to min/max and just want to make sure i've got the defensive end covered.

I'm selling my farrul's fur and now wearing a kaom's heart...i'm at 7,050 hp and only lvl 90 so far.

**If you have time to take a glimpse at my profile to see what my nxt major upgrades would be i'd be beyond appreciative! (I'm currently trying to save up for a double precision watcher's eye but...they are like 20+ exalts for crit multi and flask gain on crit)

At the moment i'm still struggling a little with mana....but not as bad as the last time I posted...because...I realized I was reserving Arctic armor AND flesh and stone...and precision...and war banner :) So I dropped flesh and stone (see above question about this). However...now that ive dropped farrul's fur...and spider costs reservation...i'm back to only 142 unreserved mana...and hearing "my spirit is spent" quite a bit :/ i tried using a -5 mana ring..and it only helped a smidge

I'm also missing a 2nd bow for single target but was wondering if simply swapping GMP out for Slower Proj (as you mentioned earlier in the guide) would give me better mana sustain while still Wrecking bosses

As always, Thank you for your time...not only with this great guide but with answering questions throughout the league.

-Alavar

p.s. Ignore the Headhunter..borrowing from a friend.

The belt i use most of the time is a Stygian Vise with:
30% fire damage
86 max life
30 lightning res
26% increased elemental damage
26% increased life recovery from flasks
28% elemental damage with attack skills
**inside is an abyss jewel with 32 life, 10 crit multi and Onslaught
Last edited by Alavar on Jul 11, 2019, 10:56:33 AM
"
Alavar wrote:
Hello Tenkiei

Was curious why you don't have immortal call linked with steelskin and CWDT...

Also wondering if your choosing Flesh and Stone over Arctic armour or...if you swap in arctic armour in special circumstances

..trying to min/max and just want to make sure i've got the defensive end covered.

I'm selling my farrul's fur and now wearing a kaom's heart...i'm at 7,050 hp and only lvl 90 so far.

**If you have time to take a glimpse at my profile to see what my nxt major upgrades would be i'd be beyond appreciative! (I'm currently trying to save up for a double precision watcher's eye but...they are like 20+ exalts for crit multi and flask gain on crit)

At the moment i'm still struggling a little with mana....but not as bad as the last time I posted...because...I realized I was reserving Arctic armor AND flesh and stone...and precision...and war banner :) So I dropped flesh and stone (see above question about this). However...now that ive dropped farrul's fur...and spider costs reservation...i'm back to only 142 unreserved mana...and hearing "my spirit is spent" quite a bit :/ i tried using a -5 mana ring..and it only helped a smidge

I'm also missing a 2nd bow for single target but was wondering if simply swapping GMP out for Slower Proj (as you mentioned earlier in the guide) would give me better mana sustain while still Wrecking bosses

As always, Thank you for your time...not only with this great guide but with answering questions throughout the league.

-Alavar

p.s. Ignore the Headhunter..borrowing from a friend.

The belt i use most of the time is a Stygian Vise with:
30% fire damage
86 max life
30 lightning res
26% increased elemental damage
26% increased life recovery from flasks
28% elemental damage with attack skills
**inside is an abyss jewel with 32 life, 10 crit multi and Onslaught

- Guard skills share a Cooldown, so you can only really use one of them.

- I ran Arctic Armor originally, but Flesh and Stone seemed more effective overall, especially because in Delve it was able to blind phase runners.

- In terms of looking things over / what to upgrade next. Your ring looks to be the weakest, followed by gloves.

- Mana wise you could fit an enlighten which will give you greater unreserved mana, that aside it's largely a matter of pacing yourself and not spamming into a target with your GMP-linked ele hit as usually you should only OOM firing into empty space, or spamming a single target with your higher mana cost GMP "clearing" ele hit.
Thanks for the reply!

I just upgraded my Resists ring a few min ago so that I could get rid of points on the tree that gave resists...which freed me up to get a few hundred more hp in passives.

I'm sure diamond ring would have been ideal but i couldn't find one with as high of res stats that i would have needed to re-allocate my res passives.

What gloves would you recommend? I was browsing some that had curse with elemental weakness...but none had +1 to projectiles
Last edited by Alavar on Jul 11, 2019, 11:37:59 PM
I'd advise either a) running the +1 proj on your helmet and getting the best pair of generic ele weak gloves or double corrupted tombfists you can, or b) buying a bunch of gloves and corrupting them yourself until you hit ele weak with +1 proj... it's pricy but imo worth it.
Pretty nice build. Thanks for sharing.
Last edited by Weed024 on Jul 13, 2019, 7:00:25 AM
You've posted some pretty different bows in PoBs and from you gear. For example in endgame PoB you have +1 gems/double damage multimodded with ele pen and in your gear you have a similar bow but with fire damage as the other prefix instead. What's ultimately gives more damage? Looking to multimod off +1 gems/double damage. This is what I got for now:

Not planning on using a Frostferno.
VAC RGL RGI SOE DCC
Last edited by DaCurse on Jul 13, 2019, 8:49:31 PM
Out of Curiosity I'm interested with your current tree setup(your profile) vs your Endgame setup on PoB. As they seem slightly different. Is this due to you using timeless jewel so you had to take out blind + Forces of Nature for a jewel slot or two? @Tenkiei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info