[3.9] Vaal groundslam | SSF Viable |

"
dmoniak wrote:
Can you check my build? So far is really strong and great.

Change yours flasks:

^ Damage + Life Leech.

^ Armor + physical damage reduction.

And your belt.

25% physical damage + intimidated effect are very good, just get close from boss, active everything and kill then in seconds.

Remove soul taker from your build, get other Axe with high pDPS, get a ring with assassin's mark or spend some points on tree to get mana leech.

Good luck and have fun (:
"
jimmy6874 wrote:
Actually my build is getting stronger and stronger though..
I became able to defeat all 4 shaper and elder guardians in 10 seconds as soon as i got used to their patterns (as well as Shaper). I'm using concentrated effect and area effect gems by switching them for mapping and bossing. Using area effect makes mapping faster and legion becomes easier. Just one thing that i do not like my current build is that i'm still using the soul taker for removing massive mana use. I expect if i can exchange the soul taker to other rare siege axe with good options, my dps will go higher. However, the important element of this build is attacking speed. If i turn on all the buffs my mana reservation will take all my mana even i use level 4 enlighten, it still takes about 83.6% of my total mana. So, i will only have 113 mana (83% of my total mana) left and my ground slam mana cost is 35 which makes only able to use 3 ground slam. However, there is no mana regeneration support in this build, which makes me to wait so long time until the mana charges up again. How can i remove the soul taker and use ground slam freely? Please answer me if you know the solution.

You can use assassin's mark on hit:

Or get some mana leech on tree (the nodes bellow Vaal Pact). U can use the enchant -8/-9 mana cost on the ring to help too, if u need I have the craft, the cost is 1ex and I'll not take nothing for the service.
Last edited by BrunoBacsh on Jul 15, 2019, 6:39:17 PM
"
captainrhein wrote:
Can someone give me an advice,i am on ps 4 and cant fiind a Carcass Jackk Varnished Coat corrupted,what other armor should i use ?

Belly of the Beast, you'll get a lot of life, so you can remove some life points in the tree to get more damage, put nodes with axe damage and +1 weapon range.
@BrunoBacsh

Hello bro,

At first I would like to thank you for the advice, thanks to them, my build was much better.

But I still have a lot to improve and I would like your advice again, where can I be improving? (I have 4-5ex to spend)

I wanted to buy strong Axes like @ jimmy6874, but I could not find any in the market and the ones I found cost 15ex, a very high value, I thought it was not worth the investment

The only two items that I really got in doubt when it comes to change are the belt and the boots. You recommended using a Kaom Roots, but if I use a Kaom I would lose 4 slots + movespeed + resistance
The other item to be changed would be the belt, if I traded my Stygian for a Belt of Deceiver I would lose Life + Resistance + Damage (Jewel), I did not think it would be such a good exchange.

Could you please share with us some information about your character? As for GroundSlam DPS Unbuffed, Life, Resistance, Armor and etc? (I think my character has a very low Life, I have only 5.4K)

The gems setup is not complete yet, so please ignore.

Thank u !
Last edited by Syppher on Jul 16, 2019, 7:04:29 AM
"
Syppher wrote:
@BrunoBacsh

Hello bro,

At first I would like to thank you for the advice, thanks to them, my build was much better.

But I still have a lot to improve and I would like your advice again, where can I be improving? (I have 4-5ex to spend)

I wanted to buy strong Axes like @ jimmy6874, but I could not find any in the market and the ones I found cost 15ex, a very high value, I thought it was not worth the investment

The only two items that I really got in doubt when it comes to change are the belt and the boots. You recommended using a Kaom Roots, but if I use a Kaom I would lose 4 slots + movespeed + resistance
The other item to be changed would be the belt, if I traded my Stygian for a Belt of Deceiver I would lose Life + Resistance + Damage (Jewel), I did not think it would be such a good exchange.

Could you please share with us some information about your character? As for GroundSlam DPS Unbuffed, Life, Resistance, Armor and etc? (I think my character has a very low Life, I have only 5.4K)

Thank u !

5.4k life is the normal for this build, it's not a build "tank everything", you'll need to do the mechanics to kill bosses, not metter how strong you are. The leech who bypass max life make our effective life more than 5k anyway, you just can't take a hit bigger than this.

What you can basically do is get more DPS and kill them faster, so you'll not neeed to do so many mechanics and your chance of die is reduced.

Improves for your build:

Maybe I'm blind, but where is your Watcher's Eye?

Get one with at least 1 pride with 55~60% increase physical damage. The best in slot is double pride with chance of double damage, but the price is too high.

Get better Rapid Expansion, corrupted with 5% more damage, while you can use 2 of than, you can get 10% more damage with this.

Your jewels in general is ok, but not good, look the ones I'm using in my tree, 35% more damage and attack speed, you shouldn't need resistes while you are not using the Kaom's and Deceiver.

I don't understand why you are not using kaom's for a boots with 4 sockets and only portal gem on it, it's not make any sence, kaom's buff "Cannot be knockback" helps a lot, 200 + life, don't get move speed debuffs...

The same I can speak for your belt, or you get a very good one, with +80 life, +35% all resists and more damage, or you use Deceiver. Intimidate debuff increase 10% the damage, remember that.

For increase more your damage you can get a steel ring, with double physical damage + assassin's mark, but is a very expansive upgrade to do.

"
BrunoBacsh wrote:
"
Syppher wrote:
@BrunoBacsh

Hello bro,

Thank u !

5.4k life is the normal for this build, it's not a build "tank everything", you'll need to do the mechanics to kill bosses, not metter how strong you are. The leech who bypass max life make our effective life more than 5k anyway, you just can't take a hit bigger than this.

What you can basically do is get more DPS and kill them faster, so you'll not neeed to do so many mechanics and your chance of die is reduced.

Improves for your build:

Get one with at least 1 pride with 55~60% increase physical damage. The best in slot is double pride with chance of double damage, but the price is too high.

Get better Rapid Expansion, corrupted with 5% more damage, while you can use 2 of than, you can get 10% more damage with this.

Your jewels in general is ok, but not good, look the ones I'm using in my tree, 35% more damage and attack speed, you shouldn't need resistes while you are not using the Kaom's and Deceiver.

I don't understand why you are not using kaom's for a boots with 4 sockets and only portal gem on it, it's not make any sence, kaom's buff "Cannot be knockback" helps a lot, 200 + life, don't get move speed debuffs...

The same I can speak for your belt, or you get a very good one, with +80 life, +35% all resists and more damage, or you use Deceiver. Intimidate debuff increase 10% the damage, remember that.

For increase more your damage you can get a steel ring, with double physical damage + assassin's mark, but is a very expansive upgrade to do.

@BrunoBacsh

Thanks for the quick response, xD.

Well, let's go:

Life: Okay, I understood, I thought the ideal would be between 6.5K, but life leech helps us a lot.

DPS: Would you recommend investing in another Axe or would it not be so advantageous?

Watcher Eye: Really, where's mine? Hahahaha, I'll buy it as soon as possible!

Rapid Expansion: Okay, I'll buy with "increased damage".

Jewels: I agree that they are not the best, maybe I change them, the problem is that if I take them I will not have 75% All Resistance.

Kaom: I still have not put the gems in that boots so the slots are empty, xD. Replacing my boots with Kaom I will not have 75% All Resistance, is it worth the exchange?

Deceiver: I still do not understand, why would I trade my belt that has more Life + Damage + Resistance + Attack Speed ​​+ Jewel for a Deceiver who does not own it all? Just because Deceiver has Intimadate ?

Again thanks for the help !! I love you, hahahaha.
Last edited by Syppher on Jul 16, 2019, 9:47:52 AM
"
Syppher wrote:
"
BrunoBacsh wrote:
"
Syppher wrote:
@BrunoBacsh

Hello bro,

Thank u !

Improves for your build:

@BrunoBacsh

Thanks for the quick response, xD.

Well, let's go:

Life: Okay, I understood, I thought the ideal would be between 6.5K, but life leech helps us a lot.

DPS: Would you recommend investing in another Axe or would it not be so advantageous?

Watcher Eye: Really, where's mine? Hahahaha, I'll buy it as soon as possible!

Rapid Expansion: Okay, I'll buy with "increased damage".

Jewels: I agree that they are not the best, maybe I change them, the problem is that if I take them I will not have 75% All Resistance.

Kaom: I still have not put the gems in that boots so the slots are empty, xD. Replacing my boots with Kaom I will not have 75% All Resistance, is it worth the exchange?

Deceiver: I still do not understand, why would I trade my belt that has more Life + Damage + Resistance + Attack Speed ​​+ Jewel for a Deceiver who does not own it all? Just because Deceiver has Intimadate ?

Again thanks for the help !! I love you, hahahaha.

My resists without jewels who give me resists and without a rare belt and boots:

I don't know what you are doing wrong to ballance your resists, but you should have 200% with your itens, and you don't need 200%, the max you need is 90%, chaos don't metter. Maybe a better helmet with 3 resists + life + enchant?

About the belt, the intimidate debuff goes after the calculation of your damage, so +10% is affecting a lot of base damage, 10% from intimidate is much more damage than 20% more physical damage for example, but you are right, a really good one stygian with a 10 ex abyss jewel should be better, and you can get the intimidate buff in other ways, with the resists stygian give to you can use a steel ring with full DPS focus, but again, steel ring shaped is too expansive.

About the axes, more DPS = more damage, a lot of more damage, get 2 bis axes will make you pass uber elder stages in seconds, the problem again, is the price, a really good one is at least 15ex. So you need start to use a lot PoB to see what can give more DPS to your build for less cost. If we did this build last past league, the cost would be less than a half we are spending in Legion, everythink with melee and pDPS is too expensive.

I'm doing a AuraBot to farm more currency with a friend building MF, I'm spending all my currency too help him with the itens, when we got the itens and start farm, I'll buy the itens to finish this build and see their max potential.

@BrunoBacsh

I made some subtle changes to my equipment, check out my new acquisitions:

On the helmet I put the enlighten to increase my mana, I bought another axe to increase my damage.
Also I changed my Rapid Expasion for the corrupted version and bought a Watcher's Eye.

For now I will stop here with the changes, I am killing T14 Boss easily, soon I must kill the Guardians and if necessary I will improve my jewels and seriously think of changing my boots and belt by Kaom and Deceiver.

I won a contest in my guild and next week I should be earning 30ex, I am in doubt if I use these ex to improve this build or do another build. If I were to improve this, what would you recommend doing with the 30ex, buying a better Axe ?

When your build is complete please let me know, I look forward to seeing it at all potential, xD.

Thanks!
Last edited by Syppher on Jul 17, 2019, 7:56:52 AM
Molten shell and immortal call do not share cooldown?
"
Wolfzeit wrote:
Molten shell and immortal call do not share cooldown?

Yes, they are Guard skill - All guard skills share a cooldown - no guard skill can be cast while any others are on cooldown (PoEWiki).

If you have other option to use please share with us (:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info