[3.9] Vaal groundslam | SSF Viable |

"
Reddaghs wrote:
"
BrunoBacsh wrote:
"
jimmy6874 wrote:

I'm enjoying this build so much. However, I've reached the limit of this build since i cannot kill the 16 tier bosses or uber bosses quickly even i used quite many exal. This is my current equipment. Is there any other ways to make this build stronger? If so, which gears or gems should i replace or upgrades?

Remove Brutality and concentrated effect, and put rage support + ruthless support, only this change is huge damage gain. To do this you'll need carcass jack with 6 white sockets, or you can get some armor chest with +100 life +10%life + Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 1 Maim.

This is the gem setup I'm using:

Remove Soul taker axe and put other axe like the first one you already have, but with physical damage as extra chaos damage, you are losing tons of damage because of Brutality. Change the herald of purity for herald of ash, remove leap slam on the 4 sockets and put in your weapon with 3 sockets removing fortify. Put Pride + herald + war banner or blood and sand in the 4 links with Enlighten Support level 3 or 4.

Get a Watcher's Eye Prismatic Jewel with 55~60% increased Attack Physical Damage while using Pride.

I'm killing T16 guardians in less than 15 seconds, char created just some days ago, and I did'nt spend the half of currency you did, with this changes you are able to kill uber elder really, really fast dude.

You can get a helmet with 40% increased Ground Slam Damage enchant too. I think is better than 12% atq speed.

I changed mine build following your items, I still have a lot to improve, but that's for later, I still do not understand how you can do T16 so fast, I did the Minotaur and I still suffered to take hp out of myself using Berserk with Rage 50 Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

I can't see your chars in your profile, so it's impossible to see what is wrong, but your problem maybe is the axes Pdps?, look my tree, I made some changes to focus more in leech, and damage in general, the guardians take stun from vaal ground slam, so is very important have 3 when you'll kill then, rage up to max and Berserker, enter the room, press vaal ground slam 1 time, turn on berserker and hit, when the stun is over, press vaal ground slam again and keep hiting, it should be very fast if the maps don't have boss modifiers.
"
Reddaghs wrote:
"
Syppher wrote:

Just updating that I'm giving up on the build in the same way your creator has given up.

It's a good build, but I can not complete T13, several monsters give me one hit ...

Seriously? I also had difficulties with my build, I changed most of my items, I changed my equips and I followed BrunoBacsh's build after dropping 4 EX and already made my first T16 and I killed all 4 Elder Guardians, it was difficult, but I managed.

Happy for help you, the initial intention of the build is to be cheap, I and other people here are trying to see it in maximum potential, and for that, as in every other build you need to spend a lot of currency. It's a fun build to play, a lot of AoE and damage.

My last acquisition was that:

Now I can see why Concentrated Effect could be a really good option, the area of effect with carcass is too big, but I need great axes before, so I can change for Rage Support maybe, I'll test in PoB later.
Last edited by BrunoBacsh on Jul 12, 2019, 9:06:04 AM
"
Superness wrote:
I also followed BrunoBacsh's advice and I killed Shaper yesterday for the first time. I had to turn off one of the 10% auras to be able to sustain mana for my attacks but it works great and the better axe over Soul Taker helps a ton.

I had more trouble with guardians than Shaper fight. But once I learned guardian mechanics better I was able to go deathless.

"Remove Brutality and concentrated effect, and put rage support + ruthless support" This was the most valuable advice. It is almost double the DPS this way.

Thank you for the advice BrunoBacsh and ANightcodexAppeared for the build guide.

Happy for help you, I hope you're having more fun with the build with the changes, I'll keep improving this build until the end of Legion.
"
BrunoBacsh wrote:
"
Reddaghs wrote:
"
Syppher wrote:

Just updating that I'm giving up on the build in the same way your creator has given up.

It's a good build, but I can not complete T13, several monsters give me one hit ...

Seriously? I also had difficulties with my build, I changed most of my items, I changed my equips and I followed BrunoBacsh's build after dropping 4 EX and already made my first T16 and I killed all 4 Elder Guardians, it was difficult, but I managed.

Happy for help you, the initial intention of the build is to be cheap, I and other people here are trying to see it in maximum potential, and for that, as in every other build you need to spend a lot of currency. It's a fun build to play, a lot of AoE and damage.

My last acquisition was that:

Now I can see why Concentrated Effect could be a really good option, the area of effect with carcass is too big, but I need great axes before, so I can change for Rage Support maybe, I'll test in PoB later.

I had not noticed that my characters were in private mode, I already disabled it, but I think my axes are very strong, now that I started to sustain in Burial Chambers, I should be able to change some items later.
Can you check my build? So far is really strong and great.
Actually my build is getting stronger and stronger though..
I became able to defeat all 4 shaper and elder guardians in 10 seconds as soon as i got used to their patterns (as well as Shaper). I'm using concentrated effect and area effect gems by switching them for mapping and bossing. Using area effect makes mapping faster and legion becomes easier. Just one thing that i do not like my current build is that i'm still using the soul taker for removing massive mana use. I expect if i can exchange the soul taker to other rare siege axe with good options, my dps will go higher. However, the important element of this build is attacking speed. If i turn on all the buffs my mana reservation will take all my mana even i use level 4 enlighten, it still takes about 83.6% of my total mana. So, i will only have 113 mana (83% of my total mana) left and my ground slam mana cost is 35 which makes only able to use 3 ground slam. However, there is no mana regeneration support in this build, which makes me to wait so long time until the mana charges up again. How can i remove the soul taker and use ground slam freely? Please answer me if you know the solution.

"
jimmy6874 wrote:
Actually my build is getting stronger and stronger though..
I became able to defeat all 4 shaper and elder guardians in 10 seconds as soon as i got used to their patterns (as well as Shaper). I'm using concentrated effect and area effect gems by switching them for mapping and bossing. Using area effect makes mapping faster and legion becomes easier. Just one thing that i do not like my current build is that i'm still using the soul taker for removing massive mana use. I expect if i can exchange the soul taker to other rare siege axe with good options, my dps will go higher. However, the important element of this build is attacking speed. If i turn on all the buffs my mana reservation will take all my mana even i use level 4 enlighten, it still takes about 83.6% of my total mana. So, i will only have 113 mana (83% of my total mana) left and my ground slam mana cost is 35 which makes only able to use 3 ground slam. However, there is no mana regeneration support in this build, which makes me to wait so long time until the mana charges up again. How can i remove the soul taker and use ground slam freely? Please answer me if you know the solution.

Look at my build, I can use 2 Karui no problem with mana, I'm still weaker than you, you need 1 point in the Life and Mana Leech skill, that's enough for you to have your mana sustain killing enemies, the Blood Magic along with the Leap Slam, so your mana problems are really going to end, even without Soul Taker, do not care about the Portal Gem on my axe, just using it to make Burial Chambers more easily.
Can someone give me an advice,i am on ps 4 and cant fiind a Carcass Jackk Varnished Coat corrupted,what other armor should i use ?
"
Reddaghs wrote:

I had not noticed that my characters were in private mode, I already disabled it, but I think my axes are very strong, now that I started to sustain in Burial Chambers, I should be able to change some items later.

Reset your gems with the recipe selling 1x Gemcutter's Prism + level 20 gem to get your gem lvl 1 with 20% quality, and leveling the gem again to level 20. It's very important to do this with all your gems (except auras, alway check the gain per quality at poe wiki), you'll gain a lot of damage and survival doing this, if you can't afford a good carcass jack, use Belly of the Beast.
"
dmoniak wrote:
Can you check my build? So far is really strong and great.

Change yours flasks:

^ Damage + Life Leech.

^ Armor + physical damage reduction.

And your belt.

25% physical damage + intimidated effect are very good, just get close from boss, active everything and kill then in seconds.

Remove soul taker from your build, get other Axe with high pDPS, get a ring with assassin's mark or spend some points on tree to get mana leech.

Good luck and have fun (:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info