Cyclone

Even with a quality Incr.AoE & Cyclone, the radius is very bad.

No point in building a build around it considering I wont get the increased AoE nodes for quite some time.
Kripp seems to be doing OK...but he just said he prob wouldn't use it even if it did double damage (The desync is terrible apparently). For whatever his opinion is worth to you.
Didn't see any real mention of this in the thread. The speed that your character moves dictates how much damage you're going to deal. This is unacceptable. Deciding between wearing 30% move speed boots and using a quicksilver flask -OR- doing seven times more damage per cast is just not reasonable. A very simple fix to this would be to have a static move speed when using the skill, ie. bring all players down to a baseline of whatever GGG deems reasonable, because slower is better.

That would just be a band-aid, however. My experience with a 1.4 speed weapon + 5 frenzy charges + haste was such that removing my boots and being snared turned me into an absolute monster, whereas just having the 30% move speed bonus made me feel utterly useless.

The cost can be manageable, as can the fixed path, but running maps using a 3500 DPS Cyclone setup was nonsense. It took so unbearably long to kill anything with even a moderate health pool that playing felt like I was simply walking into a pack of mobs and waiting for something "unlucky" to happen, like being crit or frozen at the tail end of my cast, at which point I would either die or blow 3 flasks and roll off to recuperate. I can say with absolute certainty that it would be faster for me to kill twenty, clustered mobs with single target damage, than it would be for me to cyclone them all to death. Bringing my Cyclone gem level from 10 to 20 would not remedy that damage gap.
"
Kripp seems to be doing OK

Well, he was playing in normal and cruel with like full insane twink gear. You can make anything work like that. He has been saying that the skill is bad.
"
Kyma wrote:
Didn't see any real mention of this in the thread. The speed that your character moves dictates how much damage you're going to deal. This is unacceptable. Deciding between wearing 30% move speed boots and using a quicksilver flask -OR- doing seven times more damage per cast is just not reasonable. A very simple fix to this would be to have a static move speed when using the skill, ie. bring all players down to a baseline of whatever GGG deems reasonable, because slower is better.

That would just be a band-aid, however. My experience with a 1.4 speed weapon + 5 frenzy charges + haste was such that removing my boots and being snared turned me into an absolute monster, whereas just having the 30% move speed bonus made me feel utterly useless.

The cost can be manageable, as can the fixed path, but running maps using a 3500 DPS Cyclone setup was nonsense. It took so unbearably long to kill anything with even a moderate health pool that playing felt like I was simply walking into a pack of mobs and waiting for something "unlucky" to happen, like being crit or frozen at the tail end of my cast, at which point I would either die or blow 3 flasks and roll off to recuperate. I can say with absolute certainty that it would be faster for me to kill twenty, clustered mobs with single target damage, than it would be for me to cyclone them all to death. Bringing my Cyclone gem level from 10 to 20 would not remedy that damage gap.

That's how it worked in D2 as well(except it only divided it's hits per second, it won't hit everything around you at 2x rate), though it didn't suck ass there for some reason.
Last edited by Fluttershypony on Mar 13, 2013, 3:01:25 AM
Its not how it works... the damage is awful.
IGN - Endoplasm
"
Jakabov wrote:
"
Kripp seems to be doing OK

Well, he was playing in normal and cruel with like full insane twink gear. You can make anything work like that. He has been saying that the skill is bad.

As the rest of my post stated.

I've been using it more and it works. It's good for packs with LoH cuz you kinda are invulnerable unless there is something special that can threaten you.
cool skill,but useless,
bad mobility,sad damage,small radius,
leap slam r more powerful,
got 8000dps on leap slam, but 4000dps on cyclone,
so i will keep using leap slam.

buff it or remove it.
Would someone who likes this skill tell me if it helps melee builds compete performance wise with ranged builds like it was touted to do??

I don't have any build that can really try it and I was hoping this skill would make melee's feel more worth it compared to ranged.
Standard Forever
"
vincent11028 wrote:
cool skill,but useless,
bad mobility,sad damage,small radius,
leap slam r more powerful,
got 8000dps on leap slam, but 4000dps on cyclone,
so i will keep using leap slam.

buff it or remove it.

Is that displayed? Cuz I believe the devs have stated the tooltip shows exactly half of it's damage. Either way, I agree it's a bit low on damage (haha...a bit).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info