[3.7] Cyclone CwC Blade Vortex CI Trickster

using Cast While Channeling you dont need to hit monsters with cyclone to cast spell, its not Cast on Crit where you need it

so the range of used spell the more the better + soulrend has build in leech

but i'd like to freeze and shatter enemies which is not possible with souldrend non-crit build
Last edited by Sonidox on Jun 1, 2019, 8:29:18 AM
"
Sonidox wrote:
using Cast While Channeling you dont need to hit monsters with cyclone to cast spell, its not Cast on Crit where you need it

but i'd like to freeze and shatter enemies which is not possible with souldrend non-crit build

That reminds me that I wanted to make phys->cold version of this build without sacrificing any defenses, so here it is:

Pastebin (Phys->Cold)

It has about the same damage as phys->lightning version, but without using Ele Focus, and it's using Herald of Ice and chilling and freezing stuff. The overall damage output is less effective, because we don't have 100% ele conversion on our phys, but with Cold to Fire chaos conversion dips more so it evens out. Obviously Hrimburn is the answer, but it loses us like 1k ES, but gives around 1mil extra dps.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Jun 1, 2019, 9:32:36 AM
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Sonidox wrote:

That reminds me that I wanted to make phys->cold version of this build without sacrificing any defenses, so here it is:

Pastebin (Phys->Cold)

It has about the same damage as phys->lightning version, but without using Ele Focus, and it's using Herald of Ice and chilling and freezing stuff. The overall damage output is less effective, because we don't have 100% ele conversion on our phys, but with Cold to Fire chaos conversion dips more so it evens out. Obviously Hrimburn is the answer, but it loses us like 1k ES, but gives around 1mil extra dps.

I like the cold version alot more. Since IC is going to be changed (no longer giving immunity) shatter will be even more important than before.

It might be kinda dumb (will lose some dps), but since I dont like micro managing buffs, I will be using Vigilant Strike + The Vigil to get about 30s fortify. And probably also going to spec into ghost reaver.
"
Luscofusco wrote:

I like the cold version alot more. Since IC is going to be changed (no longer giving immunity) shatter will be even more important than before.

It might be kinda dumb (will lose some dps), but since I dont like micro managing buffs, I will be using Vigilant Strike + The Vigil to get about 30s fortify. And probably also going to spec into ghost reaver.

Yeah, tbh I think I like the cold version more as well. Only issue with it is that it is more vulnerable to chaos conversion nerfs and also Hatred Watcher's Eye is more expensive than Wrath one, and you ideally need max conversion roll on it, while on lightning you are fine with min roll. I guess on cold you can always just use Hrimburn so should be fine.

And, in cold version i moved fortify to leap slam, not sure about that still because our AS is pretty low.

My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Luscofusco wrote:

Yeah, tbh I think I like the cold version more as well. Only issue with it is that it is more vulnerable to chaos conversion nerfs and also Hatred Watcher's Eye is more expensive than Wrath one, and you ideally need max conversion roll on it, while on lightning you are fine with min roll. I guess on cold you can always just use Hrimburn so should be fine.

And, in cold version i moved fortify to leap slam, not sure about that still because our AS is pretty low.

You can kinda go a middle ground, and use Weapon + offhand. You lose dps ofc (lose 1 support gem), but if the dps is enough that way you can use the gloves and the offhand compensate the energy shield lost (and it's cheaper I suppose).
"
Luscofusco wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Luscofusco wrote:

You can kinda go a middle ground, and use Weapon + offhand. You lose dps ofc (lose 1 support gem), but if the dps is enough that way you can use the gloves and the offhand compensate the energy shield lost (and it's cheaper I suppose).

Yeah, that is true. But, actually I just compared budget numbers, and cold version is winning over lightning version even without Watcher's Eye (where none of those 2 have watchers, even though on lightning getting that watchers is cheaper). So, I updated PoB for Cold version, took some extra utility nodes and now I am at 13M DPS, what is pretty cool (budget/leaguestarter versions are both around 4-5M DPS)

Updated Pastebin's below for comparison:

Pastebin (Phys->Lightning) (11.2M DPS, 9.7k ES, Fortify)
Pastebin (Phys->Cold) (13M DPS, 9.7k ES, Fortify)

EDIT:

For cold version, there is also option to multicraft for 25% fire and 25% cold on gloves for ~800k DPS boost, but it's kind of not worth, that just add another 2+ EX cost to build and loses like 500 ES.
My builds:
My site:
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Jun 1, 2019, 4:44:47 PM
Seems like the final form of this build is going to be very expensive. Taking out the 50+ exalt Watcher's Eye, damage drops to like ~6m sheet DPS, which is more than enough for most content. But the staff is a big part of that number. Also, the min/maxed ES on gear is not realistic for a lot of players. So i think the best a lot of players can hope for is ~6k ES and 4m DPS. Damage will be there, but i'm not sure about survivability in higher content.

With that said, i'm still probably going to start with this build, unless a cheaper option pops up. I miss Cyclone and 3.7 is just what i've been waiting for. Good job with the theorycrafting and guide. Thanks!
"
WR47H wrote:
Seems like the final form of this build is going to be very expensive. Taking out the 50+ exalt Watcher's Eye, damage drops to like ~6m sheet DPS, which is more than enough for most content. But the staff is a big part of that number. Also, the min/maxed ES on gear is not realistic for a lot of players. So i think the best a lot of players can hope for is ~6k ES and 4m DPS. Damage will be there, but i'm not sure about survivability in higher content.

With that said, i'm still probably going to start with this build, unless a cheaper option pops up. I miss Cyclone and 3.7 is just what i've been waiting for. Good job with the theorycrafting and guide. Thanks!

Difference between the staff and Disintegrator is surprisingly small, and the staff is not that expensive to craft. And yeah, that Watcher's Eye is probably not something to aim for, the crit part from it is not that important, just the phys conversion, what can be around ~2ex max roll. High ES body should be 1-2ex as well as we do not need links, I bought similar one in Synth for 1ex. I expect around ~8-9k es on reasonable budget with tier 2-3 rolls, and the ES can probably go over 10k with even slightly better gear, getting ES helmet with delve - res craft is another option to boost ES instead of using Eber's, also, Xirgil's is not that bad alternative for staff as well and gives you bunch of ES.

So, overall, I am pretty sure you can get both very good DPS and good survivability with this on budget, it's just up to you what you want to prioritize more.

EDIT:

Updated main thread with T2 and T3 rolls instead of T1 and dropped +crit from Hatred Watcher's Eye, leaving only conversion, still at 9.1K ES, and at 9.7K on Starter version (I also decided to take Restless Ward over Carcass Jack there for small movement speed bonus and more ES).
My builds:
My site:
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Jun 1, 2019, 8:47:12 PM
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
WR47H wrote:

Difference between the staff and Disintegrator is surprisingly small, and the staff is not that expensive to craft. And yeah, that Watcher's Eye is probably not something to aim for, the crit part from it is not that important, just the phys conversion, what can be around ~2ex max roll. High ES body should be 1-2ex as well as we do not need links, I bought similar one in Synth for 1ex. I expect around ~8-9k es on reasonable budget with tier 2-3 rolls, and the ES can probably go over 10k with even slightly better gear, getting ES helmet with delve - res craft is another option to boost ES instead of using Eber's, also, Xirgil's is not that bad alternative for staff as well and gives you bunch of ES.

So, overall, I am pretty sure you can get both very good DPS and good survivability with this on budget, it's just up to you what you want to prioritize more.

EDIT:

Updated main thread with T2 and T3 rolls instead of T1 and dropped +crit from Hatred Watcher's Eye, leaving only conversion, still at 9.1K ES, and at 9.7K on Starter version (I also decided to take Restless Ward over Carcass Jack there for small movement speed bonus and more ES).

Carcass Jack it's still a decent choice. Considering the league mechanics it might help to break free a few more minions. Algo it's more versatile to keep for future builds or to sell.
Last edited by Luscofusco on Jun 1, 2019, 9:19:36 PM
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
WR47H wrote:

EDIT:

I was wondering about Carcass Jack. lol With 40-50% area, then 5% per enemy hit up to 50% on Cyclone now, 90-100% area is pretty crazy. I don't know how many tiles that would actually be, but I can see it basically being the whole screen. I'm actually excited for this league. Haven't been in a long time, but I sure am now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info