[3.7] Trickster ES/Life Hybrid Orb of Storms League Start (6/26 Update) (Darkness Fossil Farming)

Hi

I'm newbie at this game And I saw this build for good starter build and start this game with this build.
It's little hard to get boss, but I'm really enjoying this build. I saw the big changes for your build, I'm going to stick with this MoM which your previous version little more. later, catch up and try your new version

thanks for the build.
Last edited by gokban on Jun 30, 2019, 3:26:30 AM
"
gokban wrote:
Hi

I'm newbie at this game And I saw this build for good starter build and start this game with this build.
It's little hard to get boss, but I'm really enjoying this build. I saw the big changes for your build, I'm going to stick with this MoM which your previous version little more. later, catch up and try your new version

thanks for the build.

Yeah I've noticed a lot of ppl have had problems hitting 50, but really its more about the mechanics of the build then it is gear. I think its more a new player thing then it is the build as I Leveled act 1-10 in 4 hours flat with this build.

Again its nothing bad haha just get past the little hump there stack more crit multi and cast speed. Should help.
hello. im following your build.

one prob. how u deal with elemental resist? dem monsters fvcking rape me
Edit: Ok sorry woke up and read that wrong. So a few things you can do, max sure your lightning res is the highest over cap and use a wise oak. Or throw Ele Pen instead of Intensify. Some rares (unless legion) I skip, sadly the Rare Mob hp buff kind of hurt this a bit on the really tanky mobs.
Last edited by EveryDayEngineering on Jul 1, 2019, 9:35:32 AM
I noticed the faster casting linked to Shield Charge. Um... what's that for, actually? As far as I know, Faster Casting doesn't support Shield Charge?
"
FramFramson wrote:
I noticed the faster casting linked to Shield Charge. Um... what's that for, actually? As far as I know, Faster Casting doesn't support Shield Charge?

In fact, I've noticed that the gem links in your gear update in the OP is very different from the gem links shown in the PoB version. So I was wondering if you could clarify which version of the build is correct? Or if there's no "correct" answer, what are the pros/cons?

1) Main OOS 5L has two big differences:
PoB version is OOS - Increased Crits - Intensify - Added Cold - Energy Leech, but the Gear update version is OOS - Chain Support - Increased AoE - Added Cold - Energy Leech.

2) The Tempest Shield 4L is mostly the same, but is it Increased Crits or Faster Casting?

3) Storm Brand's 4L is now completely different in the two versions:
PoB version is SB - Increased Crits - Increased AoE - Onslaught, but the Gear update setup is SB - Intensify - Life Leech - Faster Casting

4) Onslaught or Vaal Haste as the speed boost in the boots?

Any clarity (hehe) would be appreciated. With all the testing you've done, I'm sure you know which feels better to you at least.
Hey mate, absolutely loving the build. Thanks so much for putting together the guide and taking time to answer our queries.

Finally got some decent gear, now doing T8-10 maps pretty easily although my resistances need addressing and I havent got my watchers eye yet. Also I did the passive respec you outlined last week to the build, I think I prefer the new version without MOM

Just wanted to hear your rationale to help me understand a couple things

1) Did you get the AOE damage nodes so just that you could get the increased AOE nodes, as the wiki page says OOS it doesnt benefit from AOE damage despite being an AOE skill?

2) Is Zealot's oath worth it if you only have low HP regen? Just looked at my stats and I have 12 hp per second compared to 450ish ES regen; does Zealot's Oath offer instant regen or is there something else im missing?
"
Hey mate, absolutely loving the build. Thanks so much for putting together the guide and taking time to answer our queries.

Finally got some decent gear, now doing T8-10 maps pretty easily although my resistances need addressing and I havent got my watchers eye yet. Also I did the passive respec you outlined last week to the build, I think I prefer the new version without MOM

1) Did you get the AOE damage nodes so just that you could get the increased AOE nodes, as the wiki page says OOS it doesnt benefit from AOE damage despite being an AOE skill?

2) Is Zealot's oath worth it if you only have low HP regen? Just looked at my stats and I have 12 hp per second compared to 450ish ES regen; does Zealot's Oath offer instant regen or is there something else im missing?

Awesome! Glad you're enjoying it! Let me try to answer youre questions for you.

1) Yeah pretty much I wanted to stack AoE (to a previous post, Yes I know that OOS doesnt get any benefit for aoe minus getting larger) What I have noticed is that inc AoE does in fact benefit the range of the chain from OOS. Go from no AoE to stacking it and youll see the clear speed is off screen at times. (throw on a carcass jack to see what im talking about)

2)If you dont have a lot of life regan dont take ZO you will screw yourself to chaos all the fucking time. ZO just turns your life regain to ES instead.
"
FramFramson wrote:
"
FramFramson wrote:

In fact, I've noticed that the gem links in your gear update in the OP is very different from the gem links shown in the PoB version. So I was wondering if you could clarify which version of the build is correct? Or if there's no "correct" answer, what are the pros/cons?

1) Main OOS 5L has two big differences:
PoB version is OOS - Increased Crits - Intensify - Added Cold - Energy Leech, but the Gear update version is OOS - Chain Support - Increased AoE - Added Cold - Energy Leech.

2) The Tempest Shield 4L is mostly the same, but is it Increased Crits or Faster Casting?

3) Storm Brand's 4L is now completely different in the two versions:
PoB version is SB - Increased Crits - Increased AoE - Onslaught, but the Gear update setup is SB - Intensify - Life Leech - Faster Casting

4) Onslaught or Vaal Haste as the speed boost in the boots?

Any clarity (hehe) would be appreciated. With all the testing you've done, I'm sure you know which feels better to you at least.

Sorry its been a mess. Since this is pretty new still and a lot of tweaks happened from the patch I've been respccing all the time tweaking it.

Right now theres no "Right" way. I had another person who played something similar last league and didnt go aoe. I prefer AoE and swap for boss. Some of this I was hoping for more understanding that you generally swap certain gems at times. Ill remember next time to add all the gems and make notes.

I guess I answered 1 kind of above.

2) Because of the mana reserve nodes and shit I took, I wanted to just stack higher mana cost to get Arcane Surge to proc. At the time i prob didnt want to recolor and TS really just cares about cast speed.

3) Again tweaking things switching shit up. As you can see my gear has drastically changed since start. So one would assume more would change through the league. Put in what you want and what you like better and go from there.

4) Which ever you can fit/use/craft Haste is just for the vaal. Dont run haste unless you have a Aul's with no mana cost.
"
"

Awesome! Glad you're enjoying it! Let me try to answer youre questions for you.

1) Yeah pretty much I wanted to stack AoE (to a previous post, Yes I know that OOS doesnt get any benefit for aoe minus getting larger) What I have noticed is that inc AoE does in fact benefit the range of the chain from OOS. Go from no AoE to stacking it and youll see the clear speed is off screen at times. (throw on a carcass jack to see what im talking about)

2)If you dont have a lot of life regan dont take ZO you will screw yourself to chaos all the fucking time. ZO just turns your life regain to ES instead.

Thanks for the reply! Will give it a run

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info