[3.7] Trickster ES/Life Hybrid Orb of Storms League Start (6/26 Update) (Darkness Fossil Farming)

All that sounds good, might try a CWDT and let you know how it goes.

I addressed a lot of my squishy feeling last night with some gear updates.

Heading for aspect of the spider set up!

Thanks for the updates
Hey love the guide so far and I'm having a blast with the build but I am curious I notice that the skill path and ascendancy points you have linked is slightly different then the one you took on your character, such as swift killer over harness the void, would you recommend one over the other.
"
Gomrick wrote:
Hey love the guide so far and I'm having a blast with the build but I am curious I notice that the skill path and ascendancy points you have linked is slightly different then the one you took on your character, such as swift killer over harness the void, would you recommend one over the other.

Hey thanks! Glad youre enjoying it! Honestly I've been going back and forth with this build. I think I've found the sweet spot that still pulls the damage for reds while not losing too much ES. I plan on reworking the build this week.

TO answer your question tho, both are good but i enjoyed swift killer over void. Not having to worry about charges and the +1 is nice. Honestly the aspect is a real kicker for the mana reserve. So best bet is a shield with ES and Reduced Mana reserver on it.
I love this build! And I was able to follow the build and I have the ES regen from the jewel and boots. My question is do you still use Mind of the council for your headpiece? It seemed like that was more for a MoM build.
"
ProfessorKay wrote:
I love this build! And I was able to follow the build and I have the ES regen from the jewel and boots. My question is do you still use Mind of the council for your headpiece? It seemed like that was more for a MoM build.

Faaaaak I knew i forgot something, THANK YOU! Yes, it was based more toward MoM and now that im not using Mom at end game you can get rid of it. I think as a place holder and for leveling its pretty good, but eventually you want a help with 30% Inc OOS Cast Speed
-NOOB QUESTION-

Hello,

i started to play poe 5-6 Days ago and i am really enjoying it. I found your guide on youtube, since i had really no idea about anything i thought it looked good and was labled as "starter" so i chose to play this build. A friend of mine did help me out at the start and gave me like 5 c worth of starting items. Now i played through the campain and got to maping, however i feel really weak, bosses take forever and i basically need to dodge every hit or skill, is this intended with this build? im sure im doing a lot of things wrong, could you tell me where to start and which parts of my gear should i prioritize fixing. I have trouble clearing level 3-4 Map without deaths and the bossfights are too close to comfort. is this normal with my current gear and setup? i really enjoy this build, even tho i never played anything else but its getting more and more frustrating, since for recommended items i need a lot of currency which i dont have, and farming this currency is feeling really harder then it should be right now. i did read your guide like 10 times and you changed it just recently, so now im really lost and dont know where im at lol. every bit of help would be really appreciated :)
"
Xetrem wrote:
-NOOB QUESTION-

Hello,

i started to play poe 5-6 Days ago and i am really enjoying it. I found your guide on youtube, since i had really no idea about anything i thought it looked good and was labled as "starter" so i chose to play this build. A friend of mine did help me out at the start and gave me like 5 c worth of starting items. Now i played through the campain and got to maping, however i feel really weak, bosses take forever and i basically need to dodge every hit or skill, is this intended with this build? im sure im doing a lot of things wrong, could you tell me where to start and which parts of my gear should i prioritize fixing. I have trouble clearing level 3-4 Map without deaths and the bossfights are too close to comfort. is this normal with my current gear and setup? i really enjoy this build, even tho i never played anything else but its getting more and more frustrating, since for recommended items i need a lot of currency which i dont have, and farming this currency is feeling really harder then it should be right now. i did read your guide like 10 times and you changed it just recently, so now im really lost and dont know where im at lol. every bit of help would be really appreciated :)

Yeah check out the FAQ guide to help with gearing. I also added a MUST SEE spoiler about ES sustain. Sadly i wouldnt say this is a new player friendly as you have to understand the basic game mechanics but you will get it. Re-read the guide again and i added a lot and updated to my gear.
Oh boy - big changes! I like the increase in affordability, though there's a slightly higher requirement for rares with specific mods.

Got more than a few questions now... hope you don't mind!

1) So how does this new build feel overall compared to the previous version? What are the biggest differences you're noticing?

2) Is Shroud of the Lightless now considered the BiS body armour? The free Elemental pen helps make up for the lost gem slot of course so you still have a functional 6L (and lets you run more added cold damage), plus the shade form is great in this build. But is Eternity Shroud still a viable option or is the Shade form just too useful? I don't have a preference, just curious about the pros and cons (Eternity shroud obviously costs more, but is surprisingly cheap this league).

3) The new helmet seems to be a rare with a lot of different requirements and also seems pretty important for the new build. Are there any uniques which might be a viable improvement over Mask of the Council we could use in a pinch if we're having trouble finding a rare helmet similar to yours?

4) Are "Surgeon's" still BiS for most flask prefixes? I noticed you've got some "ample" flasks in the current build so I assume those are just you making do for now?

5) In PoB, you have an orphan intel node going left from the Throatseeker cluster - are you going to spend your last points reaching Wandslinger?

6) I noticed you've taken an number of nodes to prevent or reduce stuns interrupting casting. Are these really important, or more of a quality-of-life or personal preference sort of deal?

Thanks!

"
FramFramson wrote:
Oh boy - big changes! I like the increase in affordability, though there's a slightly higher requirement for rares with specific mods.

Got more than a few questions now... hope you don't mind!

1) So how does this new build feel overall compared to the previous version? What are the biggest differences you're noticing?

2) Is Shroud of the Lightless now considered the BiS body armour? The free Elemental pen helps make up for the lost gem slot of course so you still have a functional 6L (and lets you run more added cold damage), plus the shade form is great in this build. But is Eternity Shroud still a viable option or is the Shade form just too useful? I don't have a preference, just curious about the pros and cons (Eternity shroud obviously costs more, but is surprisingly cheap this league).

3) The new helmet seems to be a rare with a lot of different requirements and also seems pretty important for the new build. Are there any uniques which might be a viable improvement over Mask of the Council we could use in a pinch if we're having trouble finding a rare helmet similar to yours?

4) Are "Surgeon's" still BiS for most flask prefixes? I noticed you've got some "ample" flasks in the current build so I assume those are just you making do for now?

5) In PoB, you have an orphan intel node going left from the Throatseeker cluster - are you going to spend your last points reaching Wandslinger?

6) I noticed you've taken an number of nodes to prevent or reduce stuns interrupting casting. Are these really important, or more of a quality-of-life or personal preference sort of deal?

Thanks!

No Problem! Glad to answer them!

1: The biggest changes to where im at now is that my clear speed and single target is back to where it was. Rares can still be tough and just skip, but my Legion clear is nuts now. Top 5. Plus i love face tanking everything because of my ES leech/On Hit

2: Its a toss up on how you gear. If you go Eternity drop swift killer and go Void. Damage will stack up. Either are viable which is great.

3: Yeah I've dropped some uniques for rares as I kind of needed to missing stats/resists on it. But really u want the helm for the enchant. Mask of council still works fine if youre mom, if youre not mom get a shaper ring with life/mana on spell hit.

4:flasks i dont waste to many alts on as alts at 6-9/1c so they arent cheap to waste. I just always have a freeze on quicksilver then try to have bleed and curse immune for the other.

5: Yeah I noticed that the other day and its just random, I was testing out Wicked Ward and think i ran out of regrets to get that last point out haha.

6: Honestly i picked up the Chayulas Presense amulet for hella ES gain and the stun immunity. I revamped some of the stun nodes but early on they are huge. Def try to stack some immunity to stun. Specially if you want to darkess farm. Problem ive run into is getting ganged up by 5+ rares and stunned for a second then im fucked cause i cant drop anything. This also helps me keep moving and never stop.
Thanks for all the info, that clears up a lot of stuff I was wondering about. Definitely liking the build so far.

I've run into the problem others have had with being squishy around lvl 50+ (just shy of lvl 60 right now), but the way I figure it, things should get a lot better by level 70, which is when I can grab much more endgame gear, most importantly the Spinnerets for the main chunk of ES sustain (I already have a spoodler aspect belt).

So, I'm not really worried. Just figure this is a phase I'll need to get through (plus I know I also need to fix my resists).
Last edited by FramFramson on Jun 30, 2019, 2:48:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info