[3.6] - TOMURKO'S - EK CHAOS ETERNITY SHROUD - 5 -> 50 MILLION DPS - BEST ONE ELEMENTAL BUILD

Maybe try to explain how to craft and why we use x item... Like what's with solstice ? Only for temporal? Priority in watcher?How to make those rings\alternatives And stuff like this...right now its just a showcase build not a build guide
Last edited by RedStark on May 8, 2019, 2:21:25 AM
"
RedStark wrote:
Maybe try to explain how to craft and why we use x item... Like what's with solstice ? Only for temporal? Priority in watcher?How to make those rings\alternatives And stuff like this...right now its just a showcase build not a build guide

Hello, my goal is to share with you my construction, this chewed of detailed in relation to what to use to make it work, any doubt regarding the functionality of the items, I am available to clarify, but at the beginning just enough to get exactly what was listed and exactly follow the sequence of trees, gems and items that there will be no error.
"
tomurko wrote:
"
rlauren2 wrote:
You're not getting the most out of the damage conversion by using Hrimsorrow. You need to convert 100% of the phys to lightning first.

Try:
1) Phys to lightning gem, phys to lightning watcher's eye, phys to lightning glove crafted mod.
2) Double Shaper Call of the Brotherhood ring (no pyre)
3) Cold to fire gem.

This way you get 100% base phys -> 100% base lightning -> 80% base cold -> 40% base fire for the extra chaos damage scaling. Your setup as is gives 100% base phys -> 50% base light -> 70% base cold -> 63% base fire for chaos damage scaling. Plus my way gets to used multimod gloves and get way more mileage out of added lightning damage mods.

In addition, for a physical skill like EK, you're missing out on a lot of damage by not getting "Gain % physical damage as added lightning/cold/fire (in that order) damage" on weapons alongside the "extra ele damage as chaos". Crit chance would be the one to drop. Similarly, Solstice Vigil can be replaced with Shaper amulet with these "gain phys as extra ele damage" mods.

Unleash also probably works better than Spell Echo for that playstyle. Have you tried that?

"Damage conversion only flows in one direction between types, possibly skipping types, but never going in reverse:[4]

Physical → Lightning → Cold → Fire → Chaos"

in this tree there is the sequential homologated by GGG in the conversion tree, notice that the chaos damage is converted from the fire damage that comes from the cold, in a straight path and there is no other way, so 100% lightning, did not bring any benefit to the build, since 50% of the phy base of the gem skill for cold was directly played and 50% for light, thus having balanced recalculation and not only above the light damage.

there is no need to convert to 100% electric damage, since the build is based on amount of elemental resistance conversion events for multiple chaos resistence gains.

It is not a question of quantity converted in a single time, but of the amount of conversion between the elements in the build, so as to the good functioning of the passive ascendant of trickster.

the focus of the build is not the elemental damage, but the chaos gained.

Spell echo is essential for the proper functioning of the build.

But I appreciate your questioning :)

I understand how the conversion works. It's because of that sequencing that you're better to do it as I suggested. Let me go step by step. Pretend we have 100 base physical damage and 100% extra non-chaos as chaos. Both chosen arbitrarily to make math easier.

Your way:
1) Start with 100 base physical damage. Add 100 chaos.
2) 50 of this physical becomes lightning (gem), and 50 becomes cold (hrimsorrow). Add 100 chaos.
3) 20 of the lightning becomes cold (CotB). Add 20 chaos. (Ele damage at this point is now 30 lightning, 70 cold)
4) 63 of the cold becomes fire (pyre + gem). Add 63 chaos.
5) Final damage is 30 lightning, 7 cold, 63 fire, plus 283 extra chaos.

My way:
2) 100 of this physical becomes lightning (gem, watcher's eye, glove craft). Add 100 chaos.
3) 80 of the lightning becomes cold (2x CotB). Add 80 chaos. (Ele damage at this point is now 20 lightning, 80 cold)
4) 40 of the cold becomes fire (gem). Add 40 chaos.
5) Final damage is 20 lightning, 40 cold, 40 fire, plus 320 extra chaos.

By converting from phys to cold with hrimsorrow directly, you lose the ability to instead convert that phys to lightning and then from lightning to cold.

The other viable strategy is to skip lightning completely. You can convert 90% of phys to cold directly using hatred watcher's eye and 50% phys to cold synthesis gloves. Then you convert 90% of that cold to fire with pyre and cold to fire gem for a total of 100+90+81 = 271 added chaos with my numbers above. This way though, you free up a gem slot and a ring slot.

Check poe.ninja for Tricksters using EK and sort by DPS. I just looked at the top 20. Every single one is doing one of the two methods I demonstrated. Not a single one is using both phys to lightning and phys to cold conversion in the same build.
"
rlauren2 wrote:
"
tomurko wrote:
"
rlauren2 wrote:
You're not getting the most out of the damage conversion by using Hrimsorrow. You need to convert 100% of the phys to lightning first.

Try:
1) Phys to lightning gem, phys to lightning watcher's eye, phys to lightning glove crafted mod.
2) Double Shaper Call of the Brotherhood ring (no pyre)
3) Cold to fire gem.

This way you get 100% base phys -> 100% base lightning -> 80% base cold -> 40% base fire for the extra chaos damage scaling. Your setup as is gives 100% base phys -> 50% base light -> 70% base cold -> 63% base fire for chaos damage scaling. Plus my way gets to used multimod gloves and get way more mileage out of added lightning damage mods.

In addition, for a physical skill like EK, you're missing out on a lot of damage by not getting "Gain % physical damage as added lightning/cold/fire (in that order) damage" on weapons alongside the "extra ele damage as chaos". Crit chance would be the one to drop. Similarly, Solstice Vigil can be replaced with Shaper amulet with these "gain phys as extra ele damage" mods.

Unleash also probably works better than Spell Echo for that playstyle. Have you tried that?

"Damage conversion only flows in one direction between types, possibly skipping types, but never going in reverse:[4]

Physical → Lightning → Cold → Fire → Chaos"

in this tree there is the sequential homologated by GGG in the conversion tree, notice that the chaos damage is converted from the fire damage that comes from the cold, in a straight path and there is no other way, so 100% lightning, did not bring any benefit to the build, since 50% of the phy base of the gem skill for cold was directly played and 50% for light, thus having balanced recalculation and not only above the light damage.

there is no need to convert to 100% electric damage, since the build is based on amount of elemental resistance conversion events for multiple chaos resistence gains.

It is not a question of quantity converted in a single time, but of the amount of conversion between the elements in the build, so as to the good functioning of the passive ascendant of trickster.

the focus of the build is not the elemental damage, but the chaos gained.

Spell echo is essential for the proper functioning of the build.

But I appreciate your questioning :)

I understand how the conversion works. It's because of that sequencing that you're better to do it as I suggested. Let me go step by step. Pretend we have 100 base physical damage and 100% extra non-chaos as chaos. Both chosen arbitrarily to make math easier.

Your way:
2) 50 of this physical becomes lightning (gem), and 50 becomes cold (hrimsorrow). Add 100 chaos.
3) 20 of the lightning becomes cold (CotB). Add 20 chaos. (Ele damage at this point is now 30 lightning, 70 cold)
4) 63 of the cold becomes fire (pyre + gem). Add 63 chaos.
5) Final damage is 30 lightning, 7 cold, 63 fire, plus 283 extra chaos.

My way:
2) 100 of this physical becomes lightning (gem, watcher's eye, glove craft). Add 100 chaos.
3) 80 of the lightning becomes cold (2x CotB). Add 80 chaos. (Ele damage at this point is now 20 lightning, 80 cold)
4) 40 of the cold becomes fire (gem). Add 40 chaos.
5) Final damage is 20 lightning, 40 cold, 40 fire, plus 320 extra chaos.

By converting from phys to cold with hrimsorrow directly, you lose the ability to instead convert that phys to lightning and then from lightning to cold.

The other viable strategy is to skip lightning completely. You can convert 90% of phys to cold directly using hatred watcher's eye and 50% phys to cold synthesis gloves. Then you convert 90% of that cold to fire with pyre and cold to fire gem for a total of 100+90+81 = 271 added chaos with my numbers above. This way though, you free up a gem slot and a ring slot.

Check poe.ninja for Tricksters using EK and sort by DPS. I just looked at the top 20. Every single one is doing one of the two methods I demonstrated. Not a single one is using both phys to lightning and phys to cold conversion in the same build.

Hi, thanks but I do not need your step by step, I have 2 call of the bloodhood, and I have gloves with 50% conversion, I've tested all possibilities, and the possibility that gave the most results was what I listed.

If you did not notice, the build is for several skill spells, not all based on phy damage, doing it your way I would limit it to just EK, the way I created it, it enabled almost all spells with a performance surreal

I think you do not understand as much as you think.
Last edited by tomurko on May 8, 2019, 1:10:23 PM
"
tomurko wrote:
Hi, thanks but I do not need your step by step, I have 2 call of the bloodhood, and I have gloves with 50% conversion, I've tested all possibilities, and the possibility that gave the most results was what I listed.

If you did not notice, the build is for several skill spells, not all based on phy damage, doing it your way I would limit it to just EK, the way I created it, it enabled almost all spells with a performance surreal

This is not a build guide for several skills. Your title is about EK. Your tree is for EK. Your gems are for EK. Your gear is for EK. This is a (bad, suboptimal) build guide for EK with 2 out of place tooltip screenshots thrown in randomly. There is zero explanation of how this would work with any non-physical spell.

Would you still use phys to lightning gem and hrimsorrow in the arc/freezing pulse versions? Would you still skill Lightning Walker in the freezing pulse version? How about Force Shaper? Still routing through the physical and chaos nodes to start the build?

You're simultaneously instructing people to use your exact gear and tree and calling the build universal for almost every spell. That makes no sense.

Again my friend, check the leaderboard: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Trickster&skill=Ethereal-Knives&sort=dps. Find a single person at the top using both Pyre and CotB. Find a single person using Hrimsorrow. You won't be able to. Every single one does it my way. This is not my opinion. You condescendingly claimed I don't know as much as I think. Do you really think it's you who knows more than everyone?
"
rlauren2 wrote:
"
tomurko wrote:

This is not a build guide for several skills. Your title is about EK. Your tree is for EK. Your gems are for EK. Your gear is for EK. This is a (bad, suboptimal) build guide for EK with 2 out of place tooltip screenshots thrown in randomly. There is zero explanation of how this would work with any non-physical spell.

Would you still use phys to lightning gem and hrimsorrow in the arc/freezing pulse versions? Would you still skill Lightning Walker in the freezing pulse version? How about Force Shaper? Still routing through the physical and chaos nodes to start the build?

You're simultaneously instructing people to use your exact gear and tree and calling the build universal for almost every spell. That makes no sense.

Again my friend, check the leaderboard: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Trickster&skill=Ethereal-Knives&sort=dps. Find a single person at the top using both Pyre and CotB. Find a single person using Hrimsorrow. You won't be able to. Every single one does it my way. This is not my opinion. You condescendingly claimed I don't know as much as I think. Do you really think it's you who knows more than everyone?

The forum is free, if you are importing so much, you can create your compilation better.

mine was made like that and will not be changed.

I'm already with another build, so my nickname is no longer listed on this unofficial website.

bye.
"
tomurko wrote:
"
rlauren2 wrote:
"
tomurko wrote:

The forum is free, if you are importing so much, you can create your compilation better.

I'm already with another build, so my nickname is no longer listed on this unofficial website.

bye.

@tomurko: You made a misleading guide. It will be sad to have people spending 50-100 ex and couldnt optimize the build properly due to incorrect assumption. He is trying to correct your way of thinking and directing people to the right reference.

You are free to create a guide and sprout whatever. But if you exactly say people HAVE to follow exactly, you better be prepared to back that up and defend your theorycrafting. If you cant do that, then this guide isnt ready. Or better say this is a rough guideline and up to people if they wanna follow it exactly.
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
"

@tomurko: You made a misleading guide. It will be sad to have people spending 50-100 ex and couldnt optimize the build properly due to incorrect assumption. He is trying to correct your way of thinking and directing people to the right reference.

You are free to create a guide and sprout whatever. But if you exactly say people HAVE to follow exactly, you better be prepared to back that up and defend your theorycrafting. If you cant do that, then this guide isnt ready. Or better say this is a rough guideline and up to people if they wanna follow it exactly.

what u say have no sense.
Last edited by tomurko on May 11, 2019, 5:52:37 AM
"
dejuvenate wrote:
"
tomurko wrote:
"
rlauren2 wrote:

bye.

why bother replying to a guy that cant quote and reply properly lmao

"why bother replying to a guy that cant quote and reply properly lmao"

I just have more to do, than answer people who do not have the slightest idea of ​​what they're talking about, like him and you.

to the masters of truth, but the only truth is that you do not know
Last edited by tomurko on May 11, 2019, 12:16:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info