[3.8] The BUGG JUGG - Melee Summoner TANK - Versatile & Customizable!

Thanks for posting this build guide. I have made a couple of HoA characters this league for the first time, and while I enjoyed the ability to build tanky and have the crawler take care of doing damage, I found my builds lacking something. My first attempt was a max 82/82 block gladiator using Cyclone for virulence stacks. My next attempt was a molten strike jugg utilizing EE and a phys-to-lightning +3 minion/level 20 minion damage helm. Both were okay just not quite the damage and/or clear speed I sought.

So what I did was basically merge your build with everything I've learned about HoA builds on a jugg using Cyclone to virulence stack. Currently at 6.8k life, 55% phys block, 25% spell block, POB dps - HoA 982k, spiders 146k. The only moderately frustrating thing about my setup is occasionally I run out of spiders and attempts to make more with desecrate are spoiled by my agony crawler, so worst case I wait for the crawler to despawn or port out and come back prior to bosses to make sure I have spiders. So far I'm extremely pleased with the build, I'm ripping through red maps with a lot of speed and can't remember last time I died.

Shaper down, red elder twice, uber elder next (it's my first char to do those with).

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAAHnBLMFLQbGC2EQURLhFCAUTRRxFrsYkRo4Gj4aVRv6JSEl3ycvKPottC3SLlMvzDWSNug6xjwtPfxBh0VHR35Kn01GUWNTu1hjWK9Z818_YPhhIWLsYvRlTWZUZp5ncWhlaPJvO3Gycg9yqXTtdqx5OXlofNl-4oIHgseDX4PMhNmE74cpibyMz5BVkc6Ub5hNmK2fPqDmogCkGaluqqmsqq2Nr2y3PrvtvJ-9Nr6nwAHAGsBmwQTBgsT2xq7G2McZyx7PftIh0jjTb9i92XzawenV6hjvDvAf8kHzjfPd9IP2SPcy97n46_no_Ev-Cg==?accountName=jcbtaylor44&characterName=TERMINAL_Jabroni
Last edited by TotalJabroni44 on Jul 19, 2019, 3:17:58 AM
"
Thanks for posting this build guide. I have made a couple of HoA characters this league for the first time, and while I enjoyed the ability to build tanky and have the crawler take care of doing damage, I found my builds lacking something. My first attempt was a max 82/82 block gladiator using Cyclone for virulence stacks. My next attempt was a molten strike jugg utilizing EE and a phys-to-lightning +3 minion/level 20 minion damage helm. Both were okay just not quite the damage and/or clear speed I sought.

So what I did was basically merge your build with everything I've learned about HoA builds on a jugg using Cyclone to virulence stack. Currently at 6.8k life, 55% phys block, 25% spell block, POB dps - HoA 982k, spiders 146k. The only moderately frustrating thing about my setup is occasionally I run out of spiders and attempts to make more with desecrate are spoiled by my agony crawler, so worst case I wait for the crawler to despawn or port out and come back prior to bosses to make sure I have spiders. So far I'm extremely pleased with the build, I'm ripping through red maps with a lot of speed and can't remember last time I died.

Shaper down, red elder twice, uber elder next (it's my first char to do those with).

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAAHnBLMFLQbGC2EQURLhFCAUTRRxFrsYkRo4Gj4aVRv6JSEl3ycvKPottC3SLlMvzDWSNug6xjwtPfxBh0VHR35Kn01GUWNTu1hjWK9Z818_YPhhIWLsYvRlTWZUZp5ncWhlaPJvO3Gycg9yqXTtdqx5OXlofNl-4oIHgseDX4PMhNmE74cpibyMz5BVkc6Ub5hNmK2fPqDmogCkGaluqqmsqq2Nr2y3PrvtvJ-9Nr6nwAHAGsBmwQTBgsT2xq7G2McZyx7PftIh0jjTb9i92XzawenV6hjvDvAf8kHzjfPd9IP2SPcy97n46_no_Ev-Cg==?accountName=jcbtaylor44&characterName=TERMINAL_Jabroni

That's a pretty insane helm, did you make it or buy it?

What would you use if you didn't have it?
livejamie
I love this build!

My flasks:

For map clearing I run:

I only switch to these when something is really smashing me:

I just completed unidentified / corrupted Pit of the Chimera at level 85 with only 2 deaths. First time I've had an update for any T16 map.
First of all, big thanks to the op. This build is amazing.
I made some changes to it to fit my personal preference, currently sitting at 2,8 million shaper dps without any trickery from POB.

Defensive stats:
Life: 8638
ES: 232
Phys reduce: 90%
Evade chance: 50% as nearby enemies are blinded, and I have a jewel that enables minions to blind on hit.
Ele resists all 76%+
Chaos res -1%

My POB: https://pastebin.com/QP7yxz3F

This build can do any map tier with any possible mods with next to no investment in currency. Only thing money brings to this build is some more dps and slight changes in survival.

If I had to say personal downsides those are slow movement speed and thus only ok tier clear speed. Also not a great monolith farmer.

Dying however, is hard on this build. I have done uber elder after 20 beers while laughing my ass off.
This is probably a noob question. But with flesh and stone the best stance is sand or blood?
Last edited by haitike on Aug 27, 2019, 5:07:25 PM
"
haitike wrote:
This is probably a noob question. But with flesh and stone the best stance is sand or blood?

One is more defensive, the other will make the Spiders deal more damage. Just try them both and stick with what you like!

"
Garhag wrote:
Dying however, is hard on this build. I have done uber elder after 20 beers while laughing my ass off.

Quote of the year XD
I want to thank you for the build. I completed Uber Elder for the first time using this build.

Next league probably I will try a more DPS version. I built the tanky version (only change I made was Victario instead of The Surrender) this league because I was scared of uber elder lol.
Last edited by haitike on Sep 2, 2019, 4:08:29 PM
How does the build look in 3.8 ? Any updates?
Last edited by Astarotte on Sep 4, 2019, 7:51:26 AM
"
Astarotte wrote:
How does the build look in 3.8 ? Any updates?

Pretty much the same. Nothing was nerfed and the skill trees are mostly the same except Gravepact node is insane! It bumped each Spider DPS from 33k to 50k.... that's like 340k dps for 4 points.

I put a 3.8 updates with my opinions on new gems on 9/2. I'm going to update the skill trees right now.

I also put Path of Building links for the two alternate versions I played in 3.7.
Last edited by TheNotoriousPIG on Sep 5, 2019, 10:39:01 PM
Great. I guess I found my starter build :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info