[3.9] [Updated] Caustic Arrow CI Trickster - Very tanky, fast mapper, safe playstyle

Since there is a very obvious path that this can go to Occultist as well... can you pro/con the difference between running this as Occultist and Trickster?
"
Sesh458 wrote:
Since there is a very obvious path that this can go to Occultist as well... can you pro/con the difference between running this as Occultist and Trickster?


Yeah it can, and it would be decent. The biggest pro of going Occultist is probably Profane Bloom, that completely solves the issue with corpse explosions, and slighly improves the clear. And of course Vile Bastion, the flat ES makes migration to CI easy and you will end up with more ES than Trickster at the end. Another pro is that you can pickup extra curse from Ascendancy, what saves us a lot of trouble.

Cons are that Occultist is slower (no movement or attack speed from ascendancy), has less damage and slightly worse map sustain (because it's not instant like on Trickster). Also you will be giving up all that nice evasion and it probably can't run QoTF (well, it can but it would be weak).
My builds:
[3.11] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - /view-thread/2551841
[3.11] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - /view-thread/2687562
[3.10] Elemental Hit Wandslinger Assassin - /view-thread/2784902
Last edited by thedeathbeam on May 24, 2019, 1:54:45 AM
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Sesh458 wrote:
Since there is a very obvious path that this can go to Occultist as well... can you pro/con the difference between running this as Occultist and Trickster?


Yeah it can, and it would be decent. The biggest pro of going Occultist is probably Profane Bloom, that completely solves the issue with corpse explosions, and slighly improves the clear. And of course Vile Bastion, the flat ES makes migration to CI easy and you will end up with more ES than Trickster at the end. Another pro is that you can pickup extra curse from Ascendancy, what saves us a lot of trouble.

Cons are that Occultist is slower (no movement or attack speed from ascendancy), has less damage and slightly worse map sustain (because it's not instant like on Trickster). Also you will be giving up all that nice evasion and it probably can't run QoTF (well, it can but it would be weak).


What would you suggest instead of QotF for a good ES CI Chest then?
"
Sesh458 wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Sesh458 wrote:
Since there is a very obvious path that this can go to Occultist as well... can you pro/con the difference between running this as Occultist and Trickster?


Yeah it can, and it would be decent. The biggest pro of going Occultist is probably Profane Bloom, that completely solves the issue with corpse explosions, and slighly improves the clear. And of course Vile Bastion, the flat ES makes migration to CI easy and you will end up with more ES than Trickster at the end. Another pro is that you can pickup extra curse from Ascendancy, what saves us a lot of trouble.

Cons are that Occultist is slower (no movement or attack speed from ascendancy), has less damage and slightly worse map sustain (because it's not instant like on Trickster). Also you will be giving up all that nice evasion and it probably can't run QoTF (well, it can but it would be weak).


What would you suggest instead of QotF for a good ES CI Chest then?


Vaal Regalia with as much ES as you can find :d
My builds:
[3.11] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - /view-thread/2551841
[3.11] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - /view-thread/2687562
[3.10] Elemental Hit Wandslinger Assassin - /view-thread/2784902
With the new changes to IC, will this build be affected much? As we sought of using IC for its PDR
"
AgentTrack wrote:
With the new changes to IC, will this build be affected much? As we sought of using IC for its PDR


As this build does not have any kind of corpse removal and neither any easy access to it, it will be really annoying. I am still waiting for actual numbers for new guardian skills and possibly the caster defensive skill they mentioned. Worst case scenario I will probably just replace Immortal Call with some random offering for some corpse removal.
My builds:
[3.11] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - /view-thread/2551841
[3.11] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - /view-thread/2687562
[3.10] Elemental Hit Wandslinger Assassin - /view-thread/2784902
So unless they nerf Trickster defense significantly, looks like this build is getting buffed in 3.7, because Wicked Ward on tree is so sick for this.
My builds:
[3.11] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - /view-thread/2551841
[3.11] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - /view-thread/2687562
[3.10] Elemental Hit Wandslinger Assassin - /view-thread/2784902
I played Occultist version of this build and thinking about changing for Trickster because of Wicked Ward. Planning to do Trickster CausticArrow/Bane(3curses) for new league.
"
Vinci112 wrote:
I played Occultist version of this build and thinking about changing for Trickster because of Wicked Ward. Planning to do Trickster CausticArrow/Bane(3curses) for new league.


From what I have tested, using Bane is not really worth, well, at least it does not really have much damage, and outside of occultist running 3 curses can be a bit annoying because of pathing and relying of another extra curse on gear (like I currently do anyway on body, but, to be honest I am probably just going to drop it because it adds a lot of cost to the build because of solstice and having decent body with empty mod to craft 1ex craft on it), even though I was thinking of it as well. Even though in 3.7, Solstice might drop in price because *hopefully* Winter Orb will be gone, what was the main thing that raised the price.
My builds:
[3.11] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - /view-thread/2551841
[3.11] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - /view-thread/2687562
[3.10] Elemental Hit Wandslinger Assassin - /view-thread/2784902
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Jun 3, 2019, 7:07:17 AM
With ES and ghost dance nerf this may make it really hard specially if all nodes have reduce ES guess we will see this build was solid for flashback

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info