[3.11] YABB (Yet Another Bow Build) +5/+6 Ice Shot Chaingunner Delve 600+ Updated for 3.11

"
Blackvanman wrote:
Glove conversion craft isn't required is it? gem gives 60% conversion and the Winter Spirit gives the other 40%

No it isn't, the Glove conversion is solely for a bit extra Barrage DPS, Scourge doesn't use it, I initially put it on to test what'd happen if I had the Barrage running Winter Spirit, 25% Cold from Gloves and 40% more from Hatred watcher's eye, the DPS boost didn't justify the cost. It was nice don't get me wrong but not necessary at all
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
Last edited by SynixProcessing on Sep 12, 2019, 9:17:50 PM
Thanks for answering so soon, I didn't expect an answer until tomorrow at least.
I think that the clearest thing I stay is NO VP PLEASE .. xD

- and if we assume that I can't buy Taming (I don't have to pay for it) .. I keep Le Heup or what should I aim for?

- how about "flat vs crit" .. what do you recommend? I wouldn't be knowing the benefits and cons of each one

- I have no opus .. but I have a Harp .. it works?

- instead of Omen on the winds?

- I have Overflowing for the + 40% damage .. what am I doing wrong? Hahaha

- I dont understand how this work..

"
"
Hessed wrote:

•Herald of Ice you can add it for a more deadly HoI detonation but Ice bite / Culling Strike / Onslaught is much better
---------------------------
| IGN: HessedElohim |
---------------------------
" I can do all things through him who strengthens me - Philippians 4:13 "
( Todo lo puedo en aquel que me fortalece - Filipenses 4:13 )
"
"
Trunghxf wrote:
i have 1 question please, how can we stay full life if we have Gloomifang?
even if we have over 20 life gain on hit, does it count as we are full life before or after we get life back?

So the way it seems to work is they cancel each other out as they happen in the same instance (that's why damage on full life works). If you can get 23 lgoh with Hyrris then it's +3 per enemy working out about 180 per volley. Then +5 per kill from tree is another 300 per volley (at maximum kills)

We also have % leech on the claw nodes (or take duelist ones if no lioneyes fall) to help on top.

If you do not have elder ring use Yoke of Suffering, or a good rate with life, Res, crit multi, crit and non-chaos as extra chaos (or Phys as extra cold).

Cheap options before include karui ward/charge, Carnage Heart for the Res and leech, or any onyx amulet you can find and essence/fossil craft with frigid and prismatic and pristine

thank you for your reply, another question, i got to t10+ and 5l barrage seems not enough damage, which bow should i take between Chin Sol and Lioneye? or just stick with Opus 5l? I want to do shaper and ue fast enough, because i die so often in t11+ and i have sucks evade

Btw, 6l Ice shot - Ele Dam - DnFL - ICrit - Chain
the 6th gem is Hypo give lightly more dps and give more chill effect, 3 less mana cost, is it better than Add cold?
Last edited by Trunghxf on Sep 13, 2019, 1:06:59 AM
"
Hessed wrote:
Thanks for answering so soon, I didn't expect an answer until tomorrow at least.
I think that the clearest thing I stay is NO VP PLEASE .. xD

- and if we assume that I can't buy Taming (I don't have to pay for it) .. I keep Le Heup or what should I aim for?

- how about "flat vs crit" .. what do you recommend? I wouldn't be knowing the benefits and cons of each one

- I have no opus .. but I have a Harp .. it works?

- instead of Omen on the winds?

- I have Overflowing for the + 40% damage .. what am I doing wrong? Hahaha

- I dont understand how this work..

"
"
Hessed wrote:

•Herald of Ice you can add it for a more deadly HoI detonation but Ice bite / Culling Strike / Onslaught is much better

A good rate ring works absolutely fine (elder if possible:
If elder, alt spam till you get "16-20 Life Gained for Each Enemy hit by your attacks" this mod will do everything go does without a downside
Maximum life
Elemental resistances
(Elder) increased projectile damage)
Elemental damage with attacks
Phys to attacks
Crit multi
Cold damage to attacks
Accuracy

Crit always does far more damage but requires a bit of investment, if you want guaranteed freezes go crit (crit is 100% chance to freeze, which procs herald of ice too which only shatters and explodes a frozen enemy)

Harp is the first part, you then get bowstrings music prophecy to upgrade to opus
120% to 125% increased physical damage Harp is the only ones worth doing, lower is a waste of money. Then blessed orb till you get 48-50% implicit crit. If not, stick with lioneyes till you can afford to.

Jewel: Searching eye jewel, maximum life, %chance to gain onslaught on kill and cold/lightning damage to attacks

Overflowing, its 40% increased not 40% more so the boost is tiny, any unique flask will be 10x the damage, wise oak, taste of hate etc

So herald of ice can be supported with onslaught as its explosions do damage (if you mouse over the skill it'll say "deals "" to "" cold damage) that's how much it does when it explodes in a small aoe, if an enemy is killed by the explosion then something like onslaught support can proc and give you the buff. (This is how autobombers work)

It's why curse on hit - assassin's mark works with herald of ice as an enemy caught in the explosion is "hit" and can therefore be cursed by it.
Hatred on the other hand is an aura so is only changed by things like Empower/enlighten/generosity support etc.
Stats in order
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
"
Trunghxf wrote:
"
"
Trunghxf wrote:
i have 1 question please, how can we stay full life if we have Gloomifang?
even if we have over 20 life gain on hit, does it count as we are full life before or after we get life back?

So the way it seems to work is they cancel each other out as they happen in the same instance (that's why damage on full life works). If you can get 23 lgoh with Hyrris then it's +3 per enemy working out about 180 per volley. Then +5 per kill from tree is another 300 per volley (at maximum kills)

We also have % leech on the claw nodes (or take duelist ones if no lioneyes fall) to help on top.

If you do not have elder ring use Yoke of Suffering, or a good rate with life, Res, crit multi, crit and non-chaos as extra chaos (or Phys as extra cold).

Cheap options before include karui ward/charge, Carnage Heart for the Res and leech, or any onyx amulet you can find and essence/fossil craft with frigid and prismatic and pristine

thank you for your reply, another question, i got to t10+ and 5l barrage seems not enough damage, which bow should i take between Chin Sol and Lioneye? or just stick with Opus 5l? I want to do shaper and ue fast enough, because i die so often in t11+ and i have sucks evade

Btw, 6l Ice shot - Ele Dam - DnFL - ICrit - Chain
the 6th gem is Hypo give lightly more dps and give more chill effect, 3 less mana cost, is it better than Add cold?

Hypothermia does if the enemy is already chilled remember that so on initial hit it does nothing.

Chin sol weapon swap with scourge arrow in the chest will do far more damage than barrage does for the investment cost. (Dying sun is a big upgrade to barrage damage. Without it you're losing 1/5 of its damage) the chin sol weapon swap setup is what I used in the video guide to do shaper at level 78

If you have your single target in 6L and ice shot in 5l that'll help too as a 6l is a big boost to damage for single target

"

Hypothermia does if the enemy is already chilled remember that so on initial hit it does nothing.

Chin sol weapon swap with scourge arrow in the chest will do far more damage than barrage does for the investment cost. (Dying sun is a big upgrade to barrage damage. Without it you're losing 1/5 of its damage) the chin sol weapon swap setup is what I used in the video guide to do shaper at level 78

If you have your single target in 6L and ice shot in 5l that'll help too as a 6l is a big boost to damage for single target

got that, guess i will stay with opus beacuse im poor and lazy as fuck right now
thank you man
"
Trunghxf wrote:
"

got that, guess i will stay with opus beacuse im poor and lazy as fuck right now
thank you man

Chin sol div card you can farm and you can farm lioneyes fall in act 6 mud flats
Edit: nvm
Last edited by SynixProcessing on Sep 13, 2019, 10:28:33 AM
Loving the build. Threw the dodge chance whe focussed mod on my boots and am face tanking guardians by alternating vaal grace with focus. Pretty amazing just holding down barrage and melting them.

Build also works with MF gear. 109k hideout tooltip unbuffed with ice shot with a swap in of Devotos, Goldwyrm, One Ventors, Bisco's collar/leash, Windripper, and Sadima's Touch.

Farming Burial Chambers in about 1min with MF gear. Tornado shot does well too but Ice Shot is too much fun.

Anyone on the fence should give this build a try, smoothest league starter I've played other than Storm brand during it's glory days.
Last edited by emmaline6109 on Jan 19, 2021, 11:22:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info