[3.7] 🔥 Golems Still OP - Flame Golem Elementalist (Millions of DPS, All Content Deathless) 🔥

Thanks,
for the fast help with the U-Elder!
"
ZackDenTV wrote:
I expect IC to be less used since its latest change for 3.7.0 question the very name of the skillgem not being so "Immortal" anymore :/

Do you think it's still valuable to use it ? I guess as a summoner it doesn't really matter as much since we don't take as many hits as the other classes especially melee but still, no more "Safe mode" trigger there I guess.

Do you plan to change the CWDT chain at all ?

We don't know enough about the skill yet but it seems like IC will be worth using, possibly as selfcast since it will be instant (Immortal Call + Vaal Grace + Increased Duration?). Perhaps the other new reduction skills will be worth using as well. Time will tell.
Last edited by borefficz on May 29, 2019, 1:46:07 PM
Just finished red elder and guardians, deathless.
Elder fight went really fast too despite not quite remembering the mechanics-stand in the white ring like in uber or in the black zone?
The fire guardian also almost 1 shot me, not sure what happened there as I am not familiar with the mechanics

Need to take shaper guardians again...those were the deadliest ones yet.
Will use zealotry+generosity and thinking of replacing 1 or 2 of the defensive curses with aspect as I can afford it now and found a good item for it:

One thing about the AG I noticed as I was going through a lab trial - he is taking a lot of damage from traps. Only time I saw his bar not full
I already lost one in a previous build to lab traps so it looks like AG needs to sit lab and trials out
Last edited by snowmittens on May 30, 2019, 7:51:00 AM
"
snowmittens wrote:
Just finished red elder and guardians, deathless.
Elder fight went really fast too despite not quite remembering the mechanics-stand in the white ring like in uber or in the black zone?
The fire guardian also almost 1 shot me, not sure what happened there as I am not familiar with the mechanics

Need to take shaper guardians again...those were the deadliest ones yet.
Will use zealotry+generosity and thinking of replacing 1 or 2 of the defensive curses with aspect as I can afford it now and found a good item for it:

One thing about the AG I noticed as I was going through a lab trial - he is taking a lot of damage from traps. Only time I saw his bar not full
I already lost one in a previous build to lab traps so it looks like AG needs to sit lab and trials out

Guillotines in lab aren't working properly and deal way too much damage to minions, many summoners instantly lose their minions after getting slapped by one of those. So yes it's a very good idea to disable your AG in lab.

As far as shaper guardians are concerned yes they hit like a truck, the thing is 100% of the deadly damage is avoidable so you have to do your best to dodge stuff. Nothing will ever change in that matter.

My biggest problem with non-avoidable damage was Chimera smoke phase but I solved it by starting to use Taste of Hate and Zealot's Oath with as much regen as it was achievable. Fortify is obviously a huge lifesaver here as well.

But it mostly comes down to knowing the fight, having a strategy and executing it properly - for example during the Minotaur fight I always start by baiting out the boss' dig attack and positioning the golems so they are ready to nuke Minotaur once he resurfaces. After that I get into his melee range to force him to do his melee/slam animations so he stays in place instead of chasing Flame Golems which allows them to spam Magma Balls (I don't facetank the attacks, just make the boss start the animation and get out of his range). After a while he does the dig attack again, rinse and repeat. After a few attempts you'll get the hang of each fight and it will become much easier. Of course the more DPS you have the easier the bosses become.
Took guardians and shaper again.
Much easier map mods this time - 1 death to minataor dig attack - with all the minions and fireballs hard to see what's going on and dodge things

Took shaper slam and survived

The interesting thing-for shaper final phase I only had 2 flame golems left and couldn't resummoned them when I realized it..didn't make much difference for poor shaper-2 were enough to eat him up pretty fast. Boss DPS is strong with this build!

Edit:
Also finished labs today - took 6 combusting empowered maxed zombies instead of AG....poor Izaro didn't know what hit him
Now I can setup fortify w shield charge

Considering it took 2 flame golems to take down shaper I believe there is a way to improve squishiness for DPS, just need to find the best option
Last edited by snowmittens on May 31, 2019, 7:26:10 AM
Can you please explain to me how to reach 8k ES ?
Been using POB and cant even get close to it.
"
Can you please explain to me how to reach 8k ES ?
Been using POB and cant even get close to it.

It requires some really good gear to hit 8k ES without a very high level. The most important contributors to your total ES number are your helmet, gloves and boots. Make sure you have life (ideally T1) wherever there is place for it alongside two ES prefixes as 20% of it is converted to energy shield. Make sure your gloves and boots are at least 28% quality, ideally 30%. Mastercraft +18% quality on both. Keep in mind that you can fossil craft a (25-50%) increased Energy Shield suffix. If you have access to synthesized boots and gloves it would help massively. Ideally your rings and belt would have T1 life and T1 energy shield.

I'm also using level 21 Discipline gem in a +2 Aura corrupted shield which boosts my ES a little bit more. And I'm level 100 which means more passives and more base life from levels converted to ES.
Last edited by borefficz on Jun 2, 2019, 3:30:15 AM
After trying shield charge + fortify - really not liking it-seem it puts you to close to mobs while fortify isn't enough to save you- had some close calls on low tier maps.
I took out necro aegis and got a decent shield- that puts me at 11.3k ehp

Realizing that the event league is ending tomorrow, I rushed to do uber-buying 6 t16 maps(ouch!)

Uber elder + guardians + shaper guardians - 1 death to uber standing (I guess) on the edge of black ring. Fight went fairly fast and AG survived just fine. DPS felt very strong, couldn't feel the difference due to the lack of necro aegis. Was running most of the time like a chicken w/o a head trying to avoid damage(I am an expert player!)

Only had ~10 days for this build but like the play style, dps and now the survivability too

Like the fact that you can do end content with only 2 labs(hate labs so much- bloody traps!) and still much room to improve on build. If I can't find something amazing for 3.7 I might just play this one properly

Thanks Borefficz!
so how you destroy all content being deathless? Many bosses one shots me. Pls, check my char and explain what am i doing wrong.
"
Miranapussy wrote:
so how you destroy all content being deathless? Many bosses one shots me. Pls, check my char and explain what am i doing wrong.

The weakest point in your defenses - by far - are your gloves and boots. Try getting at least 150+ ES on each of those as well as a high life roll on gloves.

Endgame bosses will oneshot you if you don't dodge their deadly stuff, no other way around it but to learn the fights and try to avoid as much damage as possible. Though Taste of Hate might save you from some physical and cold oneshots (if you improve your ES pool).
Last edited by borefficz on Jun 2, 2019, 3:39:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info