[3.6] Eternity Shroud Winter Orb Trickster (the best one)

I'm doing that build, got to 6 mil conditional shaper DPS (with flasks up and vaal RF). That's just my two cents:
- You don't have to do exactly sceptres, 40% spell damage implicit on wands is only 0.2-0.5% DPS less than sceptres, but ilvl85 wand base is 1ex and sceptre is 7-8ex+

- Crafted cast speed gives more DPS than crafted crit chance to spells and it's easier to stack WO. And it feels better in maps.
- Bottled faith is only good vs end game bosses. For everything else Dying sun is better. Especially you can feel the difference if you stack a lot of movement speed (unnatural instinct, 35+ MS boots, onslaught and headhunter). And diamond flask is pretty much mandatory, it's our best DPS flask, period.
- Most people don't pick them for some reason, but potency of will and soul thief are HUGE quality of life nodes. IMO, it's worth to sacrifice some DPS for that.

p.s. Eternity shroud and winter orb are pretty broken, I excepect a nerf in the next expansion
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Apr 18, 2019, 12:32:58 AM
Looking at poe.ninja i see all the top Players have cannot be frozen on their boots. I don't see that as a crafting mod. how did they come by that. I know there are boots that come with the mod Cannot be frozen, plus they also have 35ms which is Ilvl 86. Are they farming Elder Sulphur Wastes Map?(mutewind warbands). The map in which those boots drop? And i'm also assuming they are not shaped boots. but i could be wrong since all their gears are like 10-15ex+
"
Jestur99 wrote:
Looking at poe.ninja i see all the top Players have cannot be frozen on their boots.

it is a crafted mod, unveil from syndicate "# chance to avoid being frozen". The last stage is "cannot be frozen" for 1ex
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:
I'm doing that build, got to 6 mil conditional shaper DPS (with flasks up and vaal RF). That's just my two cents:
- You don't have to do exactly sceptres, 40% spell damage implicit on wands is only 0.2-0.5% DPS less than sceptres, but ilvl85 wand base is 1ex and sceptre is 7-8ex+

- Crafted cast speed gives more DPS than crafted crit chance to spells and it's easier to stack WO. And it feels better in maps.
- Bottled faith is only good vs end game bosses. For everything else Dying sun is better. Especially you can feel the difference if you stack a lot of movement speed (unnatural instinct, 35+ MS boots, onslaught and headhunter). And diamond flask is pretty much mandatory, it's our best DPS flask, period.
- Most people don't pick them for some reason, but potency of will and soul thief are HUGE quality of life nodes. IMO, it's worth to sacrifice some DPS for that.

p.s. Eternity shroud and winter orb are pretty broken, I excepect a nerf in the next expansion

I completely agree with all of your points. That's actually a hidden benefit of the build that I didn't exactly emphasize in the guide. Besides the Eternity Shroud, no other piece is mandatory exactly as I stated. My info was a composite of the top builds as sorted by DPS on poe.ninja, so these examples are the ultimate min-max gear with very few QoL choices.

To take your point even further, i85 shaped wands/scepters with 26-30% implicit can be bought for a few chaos. You can easily get 90% of the damage for 10% of the cost. Items really just explode exponentially in price as you get closer to perfection. The vast majority of players will be happier with the cheaper options and QoL upgrades you suggest.
Nice summary!
If I use 2 shaped ring instead of pyre, do I need to change some skill tree?
Cheers
So this does insane damage but gets one hit by everything in game I am guessing? 105% max hp and garbage es rating when I pull up the link? 0 defenses pretty much other than trickster nodes.
Last edited by johnce6 on Apr 20, 2019, 12:31:09 PM
"
johnce6 wrote:
So this does insane damage but gets one hit by everything in game I am guessing? 105% max hp and garbage es rating when I pull up the link? 0 defenses pretty much other than trickster nodes.

The base tree that I linked is only for level 76. You are not expected to finish the build with only 105% max life from the tree. You have close access to blood drinker, quick recovery, melding, purity of flesh, as well as the third 5% life node next to some of the ones I've selected. The point was just to give you flexibility in terms of which you go for. Do you need chaos resist? Do you need life regen? Do you need some extra ES? That will determine which life nodes you supplement. If you have gg jewels with life and 3 damage stats, take more jewel slots and fewer life. Trickster ascendancy plus vaal grace gives you more than enough evasion and ES. By the time you're mid to high 80s you have 5k life and 1200 ES with MoM, ghost shrouds, and vaal grace. Plus, the mechanics of Winter Orb mean you can charge up in safety and then run around while dealing damage. This build has a lot of defensive mechanics and is not just a glass cannon.
"
Chocodisco wrote:
Nice summary!
If I use 2 shaped ring instead of pyre, do I need to change some skill tree?
Cheers

The only point I'd reconsider is Fire Walker. With only 50% conversion, the node is more like 12.5% damage and 15% fire resist (you don't get the cast speed bonus). It's still not a terrible use of a point, but it is weaker without Pyre for sure.
"
rlauren2 wrote:
"
johnce6 wrote:

The base tree that I linked is only for level 76. You are not expected to finish the build with only 105% max life from the tree. You have close access to blood drinker, quick recovery, melding, purity of flesh, as well as the third 5% life node next to some of the ones I've selected. The point was just to give you flexibility in terms of which you go for. Do you need chaos resist? Do you need life regen? Do you need some extra ES? That will determine which life nodes you supplement. If you have gg jewels with life and 3 damage stats, take more jewel slots and fewer life. Trickster ascendancy plus vaal grace gives you more than enough evasion and ES. By the time you're mid to high 80s you have 5k life and 1200 ES with MoM, ghost shrouds, and vaal grace. Plus, the mechanics of Winter Orb mean you can charge up in safety and then run around while dealing damage. This build has a lot of defensive mechanics and is not just a glass cannon.

Ok thanks for answer. Currently playing trickster with 4600 hp and 2k es and the one shots are really fuckin annoying even with enfeeble, temp chains, vaal grace, and evasion flasks so makes me question. i guess if bosses just insta die may be bit more survivable.
Great guide. I’m currently playing this spec and I’m in the top 10 DPS server wide for SC. There is a lot of flexibility in gear choices . The build is a glass canon build for sure but I have been farming Uber elder deathless and everything else dies in 1 second including jacked up guardians . If u can afford this build I recommend giving it a try .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info