[3.6] Eternity Shroud Winter Orb Trickster (the best one)

Little question about Heralds :).

I'm not using this build for bossing, just for mapping.

Currently using a Mark of the Shaper + Elder ring with Warlord's Mark on Hit (so no Pyre).

Should I remove Herald of Ash and use Herald of Ice instead for the shatter?
Also, do I still benefit from Temp Chains? I know I cannot apply two curses, I guess the mobs get temp chained before I hit them and then they get cursed by Warlord's and die basically.

Thanks ^^
"
samhoara wrote:
Little question about Heralds :).

I'm not using this build for bossing, just for mapping.

Currently using a Mark of the Shaper + Elder ring with Warlord's Mark on Hit (so no Pyre).

Should I remove Herald of Ash and use Herald of Ice instead for the shatter?
Also, do I still benefit from Temp Chains? I know I cannot apply two curses, I guess the mobs get temp chained before I hit them and then they get cursed by Warlord's and die basically.

Thanks ^^

If you aren't using Elemental Focus or Pyre, you can try HoI instead of HoA. You're not converting fully anyways, so a decent amount of damage should be cold, and you'll have no problem triggering the effect.

For Temp Chains, I still think it will help. Basically ensures the close enemies will be slowed, and you'll curse enough of the further away enemies to leech and max charges.

"
Can someone tell me why everyone for this spec gets Arcane Surge? With EB it doesn't proc? Thx.

You can get Arcane Surge through Zealotry Watcher's Eye, Arcane Surge on kill weapon craft, or Arcane Surge on hit Synthesis rings. You absolutely should do one of these three things.

Some people toss an Arcane Surge gem in the setup to "trick" PoB and poe.ninja to climb the DPS rankings even though you're right it would never actually trigger alongside EB. Some of the above methods I mentioned to get it legitimately aren't always handled well by PoB though, so you have to just add the gem somewhere so that you can check the box and see what it would calculate with the buff enabled.

"
heishe wrote:
Kind of unsure how to swap out my Vaal Righteous Fire. It was very useful up to t16 just to get a bit more dps for boss kills, but its dps is completely outshadowed by my other skills now. I use orb of storms in my weapon because it has has good +shaped skills for it and want to keep it. The other 4 link is for auras so I have 1 4link left. I wonder what I should replace VRF with.

I'm a bit confused by this. If you have open sockets still, why are you trying to get rid of VRF? Also, VRF is a more multiplier, so it always continues to scale. I don't see how it would get overshadowed. Perhaps you have these in your weapons that you didn't mention, but you'll want a CWDT+IC setup as well as Flame Dash somewhere. Wither totems is another useful 3-4 link that can be added. Vaal Grace is a good defensive choice to toss in on an open slot.

Lucked out hitting these rolls with only 5 four socket resonators. It really smooths out the mapping experience having full health.

regaled t1 spell damage, 0.02% chance :O It's even better than crafted 50% spell damage + 4% extra chaos

"
DrunkBall101 wrote:

Lucked out hitting these rolls with only 5 four socket resonators. It really smooths out the mapping experience having full health.

Why would you need life leech on a ring when you have cinderswallow, atziri's promise and devouring diadem?
"
blg_RealiZe wrote:

regaled t1 spell damage, 0.02% chance :O It's even better than crafted 50% spell damage + 4% extra chaos

"
DrunkBall101 wrote:

Why would you need life leech on a ring when you have cinderswallow, atziri's promise and devouring diadem?

When my flasks are down, boss fights or lazy play. Really just a QoL item but with the damage mods I got just make it even better.
"
DrunkBall101 wrote:
Unavailable

What fossils did you use besides Aberrant and Prismatic?

Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
PogoAttack84 wrote:
"
DrunkBall101 wrote:

Pristine and aetheric probably.
"
PogoAttack84 wrote:
"
DrunkBall101 wrote:

I used the info below:

This is accurate, but I want to add a bit more. First, I HIGHLY recommend Aberrant fossil over Scorched. We do more chaos than fire, but more importantly Shaper rings can roll "Adds # to # Cold Damage to Spells and Attacks", a great DPS mod that you will eliminate with Scorched Fossils. Also, while ilvl is not important for the leech roll, it is important for some other desirable mods:

- 84 for top tier single resist mods
- 82 for top tier spell damage
- 81 for top tier flat dual damage craft
- 81 for top tier %increased damage craft
- 80 for top tier global crit chance
- 80 for curse enemies with Assassin's Mark on hit

Opal, Two-Stone, and Diamond rings tend to be the most popular to craft. An i82+ Shaper Opal ring will set you back 10 ex though just for the base, so go for the other two if you're on a budget.

Other fossils to consider adding to the Aberrant: Pristine (life), Prismatic (% increased elemental damage), Aetheric (spell damage, cast speed)
"
DrunkBall101 wrote:

You wanna really be a baller, go for the annul :)

1/3 chance to knock off the reduced curse effect or reduced reflected damage and then you get to craft something else onto it. Maybe a bit closer to the league end once they announce Winter Orb nerf and you know you won't need it anymore.
Guys how good is dying sun flask (+2 projectiles and 23% area of effect) for this build if I cannot get bottled faith?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info