[3.6] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian [22k ES, 55k armour]

"
h4bUb wrote:
"
Dezosseur wrote:

+2 projectiles for crawler, +2 mortars too <3
and also +2 lightning balls because it is a projectile too!

I am pretty sure that dying sun doesn't works with HoA. At least i can't see it in PoB and some forum threads says it's not working too.

You are right, that is sad :/
Maybe I will keep it because it helps me stack virulence and for triple mortar.

image with +2 proj from helm enchant

Edit : can't see +2 proj from helm in PoB
Edit : https://pastebin.com/NKwruiXd
Last edited by Dezosseur on Apr 30, 2019, 7:50:54 PM
using storm brand+spell echo solved all my problems.. really makes a difference to cast 1 time and then just move to next pack, the 2 brands+hoa will take care of all the rest..

i am clearing t16s with storm brand in a toon without any rare gear because it's for testing the build only.. also for leveling i recommend the dark seer sceptre cause it gives global blind +mana + energy shield
stred_ how is it on boss? I have to test it, thanks

I did Shaper yesterday almost deathless (wanted to try some facetank to see how I die...)

I did Uber Elder today and it was painfull. I need more damage because the room was full of degen zones from adds. I killed him on last portal...lost all portals a last phase.

https://pastebin.com/FVvECcX2 (same as yesderday I think)

edit :mmmh sorry but this pastebin link is for nomal mobs, just select shaper for good numbers
Last edited by Dezosseur on May 1, 2019, 12:49:03 PM
Done some crafting, first this ring

with 30% reduced mana reservation (i asume it's the best roll becouse we will have more es). Sad that PoB dont display damage with agony crawler mod.

Wanted to try Vaal Regalia in this build and have crafted this

with a couple of very good rolls. Right now i have 21k es with Regalia, but lost aroud 180k dps, will experiment with gems setup further.

Also i switched to HoA-clarity-hatred and really struggle on finding resistances, mb i will try to craft some boots with es and good res later.

Vile toxins seems like great damage boost, but i didn't find how to stack more poison to use it yet.
"
Dezosseur wrote:

I did Shaper yesterday almost deathless (wanted to try some facetank to see how I die...)

I did Uber Elder today and it was painfull. I need more damage because the room was full of degen zones from adds. I killed him on last portal...lost all portals a last phase.

edit :mmmh sorry but this pastebin link is for nomal mobs, just select shaper for good numbers

I skipped bosses cause it was testing for clear speed mainly.. i mean with 9k es i didnt want to test it.

i bought some stuff and reached 17k es (missing the super expensive watchers eye)

i tried some chimera action but with storm brand wasnt goin well.. i switched to channeling skills and from all i tested storm burst was great!!

1. instant 40 virulence stacks on boss (links were storm burst+poison+lesser poison+faster casting)

2. great aoe.. it can hit across the screen

3. nice looks :)

for clear i preffer still storm brand but for bossing storm burst is incredible.. also chimera barely got me bellow 10k es during all the fight :D

"
stred_ wrote:
"
Dezosseur wrote:

I skipped bosses cause it was testing for clear speed mainly.. i mean with 9k es i didnt want to test it.

i bought some stuff and reached 17k es (missing the super expensive watchers eye)

i tried some chimera action but with storm brand wasnt goin well.. i switched to channeling skills and from all i tested storm burst was great!!

1. instant 40 virulence stacks on boss (links were storm burst+poison+lesser poison+faster casting)

2. great aoe.. it can hit across the screen

3. nice looks :)

for clear i preffer still storm brand but for bossing storm burst is incredible.. also chimera barely got me bellow 10k es during all the fight :D

I'll switch from cyclone to ball lightning and got nearly instant 40 virulant stack on pack and boss i feel it's the easiest and safiest way to stack.

Was lucky to find this for 6c:
Looks like there are some options worth exploring:

Virulent stacking with ball lightning seems great, either w faster casting or spell echo or slower projectile, depending of preference. Can easily do maps w poison resist mobs. Need to test storm burst

if you have over 15k ES, I don't think you need much more defenses and might be better off allocating the lower life/mana batch to minion damage like taking the batch left-south to Zealoth Oath

Lvl 21 HOA drop in price recently to sub 1 ex...

Maybe replacing HOA with herald of purity(HOP) might be worth testing too, now with the new minion damage nodes (with bound fossil crafted weapon of course). OR maybe some some triggered summon when you use a skill

If we can figure out how to easily take out shaper/uber this build is gonna be ridiculously powerful.

All this, assuming I don't rage quit again after another machine gun death to this damn delve king AUL

PS Good new everyone! Synthesis is NOT going CORE in 3.7
Last edited by snowmittens on May 2, 2019, 4:58:25 AM
Alright, I've added a new section about poison setups based on the posts so far

"
snowmittens wrote:

Maybe replacing HOA with herald of purity(HOP) might be worth testing too, now with the new minion damage nodes (with bound fossil crafted weapon of course). OR maybe some some triggered summon when you use a skill

If we can figure out how to easily take out shaper/uber this build is gonna be ridiculously powerful.

This is a very interesting idea. Maybe with coming calamity we can put both herald of agony and herald of purity. Then we can take templar minion nodes to boost damage we deal ourselves so we can kill white mobs. Additionaly, we can take guardian ascendancy points for herald of purity. Of course we sacrifice a lot of tankiness for that.
I think I may create a build for that in the future.
"
Unlimitation wrote:
Alright, I've added a new section about poison setups based on the posts so far

"
snowmittens wrote:

This is a very interesting idea. Maybe with coming calamity we can put both herald of agony and herald of purity. Then we can take templar minion nodes to boost damage we deal ourselves so we can kill white mobs. Additionaly, we can take guardian ascendancy points for herald of purity. Of course we sacrifice a lot of tankiness for that.
I think I may create a build for that in the future.

reading the ascendancy description Unwavering crusade seems like a good trade of to harmony of purpose and time of need, but not really familiar with that option

Biggest defense hit seem not having enough mana reserve to run discipline and double defense from the skin of the loyal
We also lose crawler damage in exchange for the sentinels

Coming calamity looks very interesting
would be an interesting build to test out next league or in POB...tempting

Edit: Apparently there is a similar build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2217712

I also reading the combing both heralds is not such a good idea after all- Scratch that
Last edited by snowmittens on May 2, 2019, 9:55:24 AM
"
snowmittens wrote:

reading the ascendancy description Unwavering crusade seems like a good trade of to harmony of purpose and time of need, but not really familiar with that option

Biggest defense hit seem not having enough mana reserve to run discipline and double defense from the skin of the loyal
We also lose crawler damage in exchange for the sentinels

Coming calamity looks very interesting
would be an interesting build to test out next league or in POB...tempting

Edit: Apparently there is a similar build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2217712

I also reading the combing both heralds is not such a good idea after all- Scratch that

I've played that build you mention, before switching to mana guardian. I've killed UE with that build, but it's much less tankier and i personally find cyclone inconvenient for and game content (in new patch it may get better). Also i have big troubles with several nexus bosses while in mana guardian build i literraly facetaking all of them.
Last edited by h4bUb on May 2, 2019, 2:03:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info