[3.6] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian [22k ES, 55k armour]

"
snowmittens wrote:
Just finished act 3 and there is a serious lack of damage on the leveling process. It took forever to take down the boss ( It feels like I did most of the work with the cyclone while the minion watched). Even trash mob take too long

Seems this build needs to be leveled differently till level 60+ and then respected

Maybe respecting to molten strike for a while is gonna do the trick.

You're right. I updated the leveling section. I think that templar's strong minion nodes should do the trick and then you can respec them later.
As for poison setup, try ball lightning. It has a very high hit rate for early levels.
"

Molten strike setup should be completely fine as I mentioned in the build. It mostly comes to preferences. I personally love spinning through monsters.
With molten strike you may have higher attack rate than cyclone.
On the other hand, molten strike has a slight delay before balls drop.
My guess is that with the nature of cyclone you'll receive more chip damage which is actually good for this build.
And with molten strike you may sometimes get stuck in groups of monsters since you can't really kill them with molten strike. Cyclone doesn't have this problem as it can pass through monsters.

Edit: We take life from the tree since Healthy Mind jewel converts this life to maximum mana. It usually gives more maximum mana than normal mana nodes.

Thanks for the answer ;)

snowmittens: If you have the currency go tabula rasa or skin of the loyal it's not very expensive, i'm lvling with it and rolling on the game for the moment =)

Fly safe
"
Tagmatar wrote:
"

Molten strike setup should be completely fine as I mentioned in the build. It mostly comes to preferences. I personally love spinning through monsters.
With molten strike you may have higher attack rate than cyclone.
On the other hand, molten strike has a slight delay before balls drop.
My guess is that with the nature of cyclone you'll receive more chip damage which is actually good for this build.
And with molten strike you may sometimes get stuck in groups of monsters since you can't really kill them with molten strike. Cyclone doesn't have this problem as it can pass through monsters.

Edit: We take life from the tree since Healthy Mind jewel converts this life to maximum mana. It usually gives more maximum mana than normal mana nodes.

Thanks for the answer ;)

snowmittens: If you have the currency go tabula rasa or skin of the loyal it's not very expensive, i'm lvling with it and rolling on the game for the moment =)

Fly safe

Seems we both arrive at the same solution:

Wouldn't made it through act 4 and first lab w/o it
Hopefully it can carry till lvl 70 when we can respect

Have tried this build today and really enjoyed it. I have problem with using storm brand instead of cyclone for generating virulence on a single enemy. While cyclone and ball lightnig generate 40 virulence pretty fast, i can't go further 10 virulence with storm brand if use it on single enemy. Is this skill only useable to map clear, but not on bosses or am i doing it the wrong way?
"
h4bUb wrote:
Have tried this build today and really enjoyed it. I have problem with using storm brand instead of cyclone for generating virulence on a single enemy. While cyclone and ball lightnig generate 40 virulence pretty fast, i can't go further 10 virulence with storm brand if use it on single enemy. Is this skill only useable to map clear, but not on bosses or am i doing it the wrong way?

Storm brand on it's own is not that impressive since it has a very low hit rate. It's only purpose is to cast it to gain virulence stacks over time and forget it. It should be used as a support to your main poison setup like cyclone/molten strike or ball lightning.
So i spend my currency on this after i hit lvl 68 and damn it's increadibly strong for the low investment. Thanks for sharing this build, finaly i use cyclone with an elder weapon it's quick and feel okay ^^

Here's my gear at lvl 74 with 10k ES:

Thanks again, fly safe.
"
Unlimitation wrote:
"
h4bUb wrote:

Storm brand on it's own is not that impressive since it has a very low hit rate. It's only purpose is to cast it to gain virulence stacks over time and forget it. It should be used as a support to your main poison setup like cyclone/molten strike or ball lightning.

I understand, i use it in poison-lesser poison setup just like cyclone or ball lightning. It gain's 40 virulence when i use it in pack of monsters, but on a single target i able to get only around 10 virulence stack. As i said it works good with cyclone and ball lightning, but somehow on single unit it's impossible to stack a lot of virulence with storm brand.
Last edited by h4bUb on Apr 26, 2019, 7:14:09 PM
"
h4bUb wrote:
"
Unlimitation wrote:
"
h4bUb wrote:

I understand, i use it in poison-lesser poison setup just like cyclone or ball lightning. It gain's 40 virulence when i use it in pack of monsters, but on a single target i able to get only around 10 virulence stack. As i said it works good with cyclone and ball lightning, but somehow on single unit it's impossible to stack a lot of virulence with storm brand.

I'm not sure what may be the cause of your problem, I can't view your characters. For single target, you should use your main poison setup along with storm brand. Storm brand alone won't do much.
If you're using cyclone, you can get high base attack speed on weapon and attack speed support to increase your hit rate. If don't use Shaper's Touch you may be low on accuracy.
Also, some maps can have a mod that gives monsters a chance to avoid poison, that greatly reduces our virulence stack gain rate.
Last edited by Unlimitation on Apr 26, 2019, 7:30:13 PM
"
Unlimitation wrote:

I'm not sure what may be the cause of your problem, I can't view your characters. For single target, you should use your main poison setup along with storm brand. Storm brand alone won't do much.
If you're using cyclone, you can get high base attack speed on weapon and attack speed support to increase your hit rate. If don't use Shaper's Touch you may be low on accuracy.
Also, some maps can have a mod that gives monsters a chance to avoid poison, that greatly reduces our virulence stack gain rate.

I unlocked my character's list, you should see it now. I assume that is not map or weapon problem, becouse i was swithing my storm brand on cyclone/ball lighting while i was fighting with bosses. All of these skill quickly stacked 40 virulence except for storm brand.

Also thanks for your time, i realy don't know what's the problem with this brand)
Last edited by h4bUb on Apr 26, 2019, 7:50:34 PM
"
h4bUb wrote:
"
Unlimitation wrote:

I unlocked my character's list, you should see it now. I assume that is not map or weapon problem, becouse i was swithing my storm brand on cyclone/ball lighting while i was fighting with bosses. All of these skill quickly stacked 40 virulence except for storm brand.

Also thanks for your time, i realy don't know what's the problem with this brand)

As I mentioned in my previous replies, storm brand alone does not gain virulence stacks fast enough. You need to use it with another skill like cyclone or don't use it at all. There is no reason to spam storm brand as only one brand can be active at once. Storm brand is only used as a long over time effect.
For example, if you have equipped ball lightning and storm brand at once, you can use storm brand and then spam ball lightning. When storm brand wears off, you can recast it again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info