[3.6] Herald of Agony Mana Guardian [22k ES, 55k armour]

"
Unlimitation wrote:

As I mentioned in my previous replies, storm brand alone does not gain virulence stacks fast enough. You need to use it with another skill like cyclone or don't use it at all. There is no reason to spam storm brand as only one brand can be active at once. Storm brand is only used as a long over time effect.
For example, if you have equipped ball lightning and storm brand at once, you can use storm brand and then spam ball lightning. When storm brand wears off, you can recast it again.

So it has to be 4 link poison-lesser poison-ball lightning-storm brand to make things work, right?
"
h4bUb wrote:
"
Unlimitation wrote:

As I mentioned in my previous replies, storm brand alone does not gain virulence stacks fast enough. You need to use it with another skill like cyclone or don't use it at all. There is no reason to spam storm brand as only one brand can be active at once. Storm brand is only used as a long over time effect.
For example, if you have equipped ball lightning and storm brand at once, you can use storm brand and then spam ball lightning. When storm brand wears off, you can recast it again.

So it has to be 4 link poison-lesser poison-ball lightning-storm brand to make things work, right?

Hi

To let you more flexibility i advise you to buy a weapon with socketed gem are support by poison like those:

http://poe.trade/search/iridurikunasim

In the weapon you put lesser poison + storm brand + ball lighting

Fly safe ;)
"
Tagmatar wrote:

Hi

To let you more flexibility i advise you to buy a weapon with socketed gem are support by poison like those:

Fly safe ;)

For now it's seems strange to me to use 2 spells at once to do the same thing. Since storm brand works on map clearing very good alone, i find it more comfortable to just switch this gem with ball lightning on bosses.
"
h4bUb wrote:
"
Tagmatar wrote:

Hi

Fly safe ;)

For now it's seems strange to me to use 2 spells at once to do the same thing. Since storm brand works on map clearing very good alone, i find it more comfortable to just switch this gem with ball lightning on bosses.

It is true that storm brand should suffice for clearing monsters but it's unsuitable as an only spell for single target. Using storm brand + main poison skill generally allows us to get more virulence stacks than a single spell, but even without storm brand you should easly get maximum stacks.
If you're feeling comfortable to switch gems then I won't stop you. It's up to your preferences.
Just finished going through the acts
Went for life and minion damage nodes for leveling and used :

with cyclone

worked very well as life leech and helping survivability

Gear was attack speed oriented and was able to max virulent very fast
Very strong on mobs, bosses and even incursions

Also used herald of purity

Only issue was cyclone positioning which is a bit uncontrollable
Too dangerous in my opinion for fights where positioning and timing is important like hydra and uber elder

Going to respect and look for cyclone replacement now
Last edited by snowmittens on Apr 27, 2019, 8:54:15 AM
Found my replacement and

Wow!!!!

Cost me practically nothing and feels like switching from using a sword to a machine gun

Instant max virulence of off screen enemies

Can't recommend this highly enough.

(If you going to try make sure to have physical or chaos damage added to spell for ball lighting poisoning to work, so I read)

Last edited by snowmittens on Apr 27, 2019, 4:18:54 PM
Thanks for the feedback!
As I noticed, there are tons of ways to apply poison which depend on weapon choice and preferences.
Build is very tank for sure, I started on T13-14 rare maps as soon as lvl 68 and did quite well.

The damage is not that great as incursions temple and Betrayel research are usually failing as the crawler can't kill fast enough

It pretty clear in delve nodes too as the monsters are lining up around for the crawler to take care of

I actually did buy that expensive ring to double it's damage

Maybe at higher HOA levels or with some other support skills(faster attack?) he can keep up
"
snowmittens wrote:
Build is very tank for sure, I started on T13-14 rare maps as soon as lvl 68 and did quite well.

The damage is not that great as incursions temple and Betrayel research are usually failing as the crawler can't kill fast enough

It pretty clear in delve nodes too as the monsters are lining up around for the crawler to take care of

Maybe at higher HOA levels or with some other support skills(faster attack?) he can keep up

The best dps up i found is buying a 20/20 herald of agony gem, corrupted one cost a couple of chaos. As lvl matter hardly for dps the damage are great now with a lvl 20 gem. Temple and betrayal are now not an issue and with a good use of convocation its okay.

Just did red elder today and it was like a random boss this build is solid oO

Fly safe
"
Tagmatar wrote:
"
snowmittens wrote:

The best dps up i found is buying a 20/20 herald of agony gem, corrupted one cost a couple of chaos. As lvl matter hardly for dps the damage are great now with a lvl 20 gem. Temple and betrayal are now not an issue and with a good use of convocation its okay.

Just did red elder today and it was like a random boss this build is solid oO

Fly safe

Nice! Just got 1

Thought they were 20 C a piece so didn't even check

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info