Why does GGG listen to top tier players on Reddit & not bother to do proper market research?

There were a couple of people in Global 1 (ugh, I know, right?) last night debating life versus ES (between Trump 2020 posts). The bottom line was the opinion that ES is overpowered compared to life (it is) because it scales essentially endlessly while life has a soft cap based on the available gear and stats.

They were using 40 k ES builds as a basis for their argument.

When real people are using extreme limits to argue the semantics of the averages, you get the GGG form of balance and rebalance.

This game has been, and will always be, rife with this.

And the average players get to suffer for it.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Apr 22, 2019, 10:48:29 AM
Last edited by Fatel_Femme on Jan 23, 2020, 1:52:20 PM
"
Well GGG has done me a huge favour.

I have followed people's advice and started on Grim Dawn. I love it so much I bought all the expansions.

I was horrified when I saw I had spent $825 on Path of Exile - Free game lol - such a false economy.

I spent £50 on Grim Dawn and will have many years of play on it without it costing a bean more.

Win win for me :)

I guess Grim Dawn does not offer a lot of ways for someone without control to throw their money at them; yet. Spending $825, being shocked at the number and then complaining about it not being free says more about you than the game.
Last edited by Fatel_Femme on Jan 23, 2020, 1:52:41 PM
"
"
Nubatron wrote:
"

I have followed people's advice and started on Grim Dawn. I love it so much I bought all the expansions.

I was horrified when I saw I had spent $825 on Path of Exile - Free game lol - such a false economy.

I spent £50 on Grim Dawn and will have many years of play on it without it costing a bean more.

I guess Grim Dawn does not offer a lot of ways for someone without control to throw their money at them; yet. Spending $825, being shocked at the number and then complaining about it not being free says more about you than the game.

Why are people on POE often determined to read things the wrong way and be insulting? The phrase "false economy" is something we the consumer make - ie I was referring to myself making the false economy of choosing a free game.

Yes I was shocked when I worked out that over 6 years I had spent $825 - I had never added it up before as it was never on big purchases but a few points here and a few points there.

But thanks for talking down to me in such a manner - Being spoken to in such a way is something about the POE community I wont miss.

Spending a $100 and change on average per year for your entertainment isn't that bad really, assuming you can afford it, but you've been making the same points for a couple of weeks or more now on this forum and it's time to leave quietly so you may preserve some credibility.
Last edited by Fatel_Femme on Jan 23, 2020, 1:53:04 PM
"
cimmerian32 wrote:
I'm an average player, and I love everything about Betrayal, except the 3.6 introduction of Betrayal-only lag.

That is probably due to your pc, sure i lag abit when syndicate pops but it doesn't kill me.

No need for a monster-pc, just a decent one.
"
chockdoo wrote:
"
cimmerian32 wrote:
I'm an average player, and I love everything about Betrayal, except the 3.6 introduction of Betrayal-only lag.

That is probably due to your pc, sure i lag abit when syndicate pops but it doesn't kill me.

No need for a monster-pc, just a decent one.

It doesn't affect me, therefore it must obviously be a computer issue on the other person's side. Nice analogy. You should be a teacher.
"

I did the exact same thing and it has been awesome!

You are not going to have certain fanboys see the light so just give up on that. POE has gotten to convoluted/complex/1 shotting and just hasnt retained the great fun it used to have, imho.
WoW feels like a game that was made on surveys and market research, and here they are launching WoW classic in a few months with far more interest in the game than I've seen in a modern WoW expansion in some time. It's gonna be OSRS all over agian

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info