Betrayal Loading Lag

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Ohh and for those that "still get lag" with SSD's

How full is your SSD? because even at 70% full it can cause problems and it is not recommended to go over 90%

that was the case with the first generations of ssds, but current ssds have plenty of overprovisioning of storage space for the wear-levelling to do its job. basically, there is a lot more space on the ssd than is usable. the controller writes stuff across the entire physical space, but not more than what was designated as being the model's usable storage space.

tl;dr: it's outdated info
Thank you. My poor platter could be better used to hold my pancakes.
Last edited by kramuti on Apr 11, 2019, 9:47:05 PM
"
AsbelFar wrote:
"
Fips_PoE wrote:
HDDs for GAMING in 2019....guys come on!...

I have a SSD and I have this lag issue at the first betrayal encounter of the map (most of the time intervention one). So NO it’s NOT a pure SSD vs HDD issue.

This. They keep throwing machines that didn’t have a problem and HDDs under the bus when the reality is they need to fix their shit code. At this point they are saying that if Syndicate - that worked fine in Betrayal but is fucked up in Synth - performance is poor that means that players machines now - 3 months later - suck.

So like the map tab you need a new PC to play new league in PoE and handle the new map series icons that were needlessly redesigned.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Apr 11, 2019, 10:15:15 PM
"
cgexile wrote:
At this point they are saying that if Syndicate - that worked fine in Betrayal but is fucked up in Synth - performance is poor that means that players machines now - 3 months later - suck.

This. Exactly. Last league my machine was fine and newish, now according to GGG, I need a 4k gaming rig to play their game. I will be happy to oblige once I receive a check from them.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Apr 12, 2019, 12:20:46 AM
Hurray trow more preloaded stuff into the virutal memory, like 10 gig isent enugh.... Windows and superfetch going bananas, so many hard write errors that the game bacomes litteraly unplayable after 2 hours....

Funny part is, eaven if you log out to loginscreen, every pice of junk texture is STILL in the viritual memory... you actually have to shut down the whole game to make it run smoothly agen....

How about flagging old textures as owerwritable huh????, I really dont need 10.000 micrortansaction textures ready when sitting in my base camp mapping you know.
Wow... Mocking poor people to shield GGG. POE fanbois approaching peak servility.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
"
Later this year, we expect to deploy the asset loading optimisations that we are using on consoles which will make platter-based hard drives much faster and will improve loading speed in general.

So you guys HAVE available tech on the consoles that would solve most of your PC users loading complains? And you are STILL not prioritizing this for your PC users? "Later this year ...".

W O W.

I still hear my ears ringing from all those white knights shouting from the roof that GGG would NEVER EVER prioritize console development over PC. YEAH RIGHT.

What a slap in the face of your most loyal (and bill-paying) crowd.

"
dachoppa wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Ohh and for those that "still get lag" with SSD's

How full is your SSD? because even at 70% full it can cause problems and it is not recommended to go over 90%

that was the case with the first generations of ssds, but current ssds have plenty of overprovisioning of storage space for the wear-levelling to do its job. basically, there is a lot more space on the ssd than is usable. the controller writes stuff across the entire physical space, but not more than what was designated as being the model's usable storage space.

tl;dr: it's outdated info

Outdated only for those who have newer SSDs though, I suspect many are still running earlier models as many of us still don't even have SSDs.
I am currently running 2 hard disks which are at least 10 years old.
You know, people with older stuff vastly outnumber people with the latest and greatest.
"
GDL wrote:
"
Later this year, we expect to deploy the asset loading optimisations that we are using on consoles which will make platter-based hard drives much faster and will improve loading speed in general.

So you guys HAVE available tech on the consoles that would solve most of your PC users loading complains? And you are STILL not prioritizing this for your PC users? "Later this year ...".

W O W.

I still hear my ears ringing from all those white knights shouting from the roof that GGG would NEVER EVER prioritize console development over PC. YEAH RIGHT.

What a slap in the face of your most loyal (and bill-paying) crowd.

It can take a lot more testing for the pc code as it has to deal with a much larger variety of configurations and scenarios.
This is a ploy coined together with SSD manufacturers to sell extra few units.
SSD is a meme, and doesn't improve anything, unless software is deliberately coded to struggle on HDD.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info