[3.8 Video Guide] Beginner Friendly: Winter Orb Trickster [Uber Elder & Fast]

"
riverstomp wrote:
I tried this build with the Flashback league but it did not work out that well for me. I am in act 10 now and it feels squishy as hell. Winter Orb (4L) does decent damage but the Spear (5L) is not sufficient for bosses/syndicate, running always out of mana. Getting Beltimbers or Frostferno is impossible right now. This build is surely nice designed but its neither beginner friendly nor managable with a low budget lacking decent life/mana regen or good defenses (phase acrobatics is not sufficient).

An update of my adventures with this build.

First I followed the advice to respec into Avatar of Fire and Sovereignity. Before that I was in the Heart of Flame which was wrong/too early.
The change helped significantly with the Orb and Spear DPS. Still a bit squishy but managble.

Then I was really lucky and found 2 Exalts yesterday. This enabled me to buy a Doryanis Belt and a Frostferno. Especially the Belt is a big help with the life pool.

I am now in early white maps and the build is starting to feel good. Looking forward to add better gear (e.g. Beltimbers)

Ghazzy: I hope my criticism was not too harsh.; thank you for the design. The build requires certain key items to run which makes it a bit tough to run if you cant get them.
Hi Ghazzy , i have a little question:

Unlease perform better than spell echoe ? I never tried Unlease gem
How to i reach 800 life/leech per second rate?
Actually want to ask where comes the leech function because no gear or tree leeching supporting.
"
ancientmind wrote:
How to i reach 800 life/leech per second rate?
Actually want to ask where comes the leech function because no gear or tree leeching supporting.

Heart of flame is giving es leech. Ascendancy give es recovery. Doryanis invitation belt gives fire dmg leeched as life, if you can get that one. I dont know if theres more...
Last edited by rvaHammer on May 14, 2019, 1:49:57 PM
Currently have ~135 mana with 3 auras active. Just made it to mapping and its currently just enough mana barely. I can tell itd be more than enough mana if i can jist get some more mana regen. Currently picking up the Quick Recovery node to help. Assuming once i get uber lab done and weave the arcane ill have no mana issues. Just throwing it out there for those who need, just pick up quick recovery like ghazzy recommends in the guide video.
Could Inpulsa be an end game chest for this build? Especially considering we should go for a Yoke of Suffering?
Got pretty lucky and got the prophecy to make the frostferno. Is it worth using if we dont have beltibers yet for more projectiles? Or should we run GMP instead of infused channeling?
For everyone asking about shatter... I am using a Pyre to solve this.
Currently not actually having dps problems (working through upper white maps currently), but im kinda confused as to why we dont utilize harness of the void. Im currently at a spot where i kinda get it because i really need weave the arcane (uberlab) for the free movement skill which will outright negate any mana issues.

Then again i found a shield with extra cold dmg as extra chaos and i popped it on and my tooltip dps didnt change at all, and i mean down to the 2,540.5 stayed exactly 2,540.5. Does exra cold dmg as chaos not show up in game tooltip maybe only on pob? Because i find it hard to believe 6% cold dmg as extra chaos wouldnt do anything, especially considering it should do it in both stages of the conversion?
Last edited by rvaHammer on May 16, 2019, 1:42:40 AM
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
Got pretty lucky and got the prophecy to make the frostferno. Is it worth using if we dont have beltibers yet for more projectiles? Or should we run GMP instead of infused channeling?

Currently I’m using this on my frostferno: Winter Orb, Infused channelling, combustion and GMP. I’ll swap GMP to increased duration once I get my beltimbers. Currently I’m easily killing bosses with Vaal fire buff + ice spear. Clear speed wise I’m ripping through low-mid tier maps with dual brightbeak for extremely fast leap slams. Majority will die to 1 shot and explosion, of course except for rare mobs, betrayal and unique monster mods.

Personally I find leap slam superior for most contents, and hence I’ve decided to skip wands/sceptres and use the current brightbeaks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info