Einhar-Themed Talent Competition

Last edited by DasLewis on Apr 7, 2019, 11:45:53 AM
Fellow Exiles, dear GGG, I present to you...
EINHAR THE STUPID BEAST DANCER
Painted to honor the most handsome beast hunter in all Wraeclast.

With that, I enter the contest!
Last edited by Sumitha on Apr 7, 2019, 2:06:43 PM
Just started playing PoE last month and I am in love with the game.
Better to check it out as original size and quality by openig it in a new window.
THE MASK OF EINHAR
THE MASK OF THE HUNT
THE MASK OF FREY
THE MASK THAT NO ONE CONFRONT

Last edited by Iblisx on Apr 7, 2019, 8:30:10 PM
"You thought it was a stupid beast but it was ME, Einhar!"

Happy anniversary. Love you, Einhar! <3
Hey exlies!
We are not the only one wanting to wish happy birthday to Einhar, of course his family too is proud of him!
So please enjoy meeting Einhar older sister:

Random thought about her:
- I went the Alien vs Predator style because this is how I see Einhar (he IS a beast)
- Since Einhar is the only character in poe with a crossbow I felt natural that she would wield a spear!
- Yes, she has lucky albino rhoa feather hanging from her spear ;)

(sorry for mistake, not english)
Why Einhar Wears a Mask

It is lucky Einhar had so much to drink that night, or else this secret may have remained a secret.

Einhar was already deep in his Rhoa ooze cups when I found him sprawled across a couch in my hideout. His mask was tipped slightly back and his chin gleamed with the red muck. He had a strong chin, smooth shaven, which surprised me. An unbound Thaumaturgical net lay across his lap, glowing with ethereal blue light.

I drew closer, curious, wanting to see more of his face, cautious for how drunk he might be.

My movement draw attention, and he waved his cup at me.

"Exile! I love you!" He shouted,
"Your eyes remind me of voidbearer flames, so blue..."

I was just a couple of paces away, so close I could smell the booze mingling with his animal smell. I was expecting and hoping for him to say something like he does about Alva, or Navali, because Einhar loves everybody in such an entertaining way.

"So blue..." He trailed off, tilting his head down. He stroked the net with his free hand.

"Nobody sees Einhar!" he growled.

I sat down next him, gently took the bottle from him, took a swig, then handed it back.

"Why not?" I asked, through a burning throat.

"Einhar knows you are trying to trick him, but he loves your voice like one of the drowned sailors singing a shanty. You have secrets too Exile."

I said nothing.

"Very well! Einhar sailed here you know this and that he is mysterious, and likes to catch beasts and all the silly things he does that make you love him so. That is good, that makes Einhar happy even though he doesn't understand why what he says is so clever that Exiles make art tributes for him.

Einhar once knew a clever girl, one of the Old Ones, where he grew up. Einhar didn't love her! Her name was Gerda and she made nets, like all her sisters did, for the hunters of the tribe. Gerda was the prettiest of all the sisters, with long red hair but not stringy like Zana's. Einhar was a fine hunter, so proud, and handsome, all the people loved Einhar for his brave and handsome ways. Einhar knew that Gerda loved him and kept asking her to make stronger nets, strong so he could catch the toughest game.

Gerda had strong hands, like that of the tree roots at the Vaal temple entrance. She would stay up all night making new nets for Einhar to catch beasts in, each stronger than the last. What she used to make them, rope, even her own hairs for luck, a little magic, Einhar didn't care only that Einhar's reputation grew. Einhar didn't love Gerda. Einhar loved hunting, and bragging, and Einhar. Great things were ahead for Einhar, adventures!"

Einhar took a swig of the rhoa ooze and continued, his voice deep and slurred,

"A beast came to the lands, a great boar bigger than Kole, bigger than ten Koles. It killed many hunters, tore up crops, slaughtered animals leaving them strewn across the fields, their blood soaking the dirt. Einhar knew this beast would need a special net to catch. The beasts are strong like this one in Wraeclast. Einhar told Gerda that he would love her if she could make special net strong enough to catch the great boar. Silly Gerda worked on the net day and night, as more hunters died, and women stopped going to the river with the children to wash. Everyone stunk! Finally, at dawn on the sixth day, Gerda came to Einhar's hut with the special net in her hands. Einhar looked into her eyes. This net will make Einhar famous across the sea! Einhar said. A tear slid from Gerda's eye, landed on the net, and it caught on fire with dazzling blue light.

Now it will work, stupid beast! Gerda said, and walked away. Einhar felt a pain in his guts like bad wine, or wind from too much feasting. It was strange to him, like what do Devourers look like under the ground? It didn't stop Einhar, who has hunted with broken fingers and worse.

Einhar captured the boar with that net, and from its hide and tusks made a mask where it lay dead, so that the last person to have seen his face was Gerda. Einhar did not understand this, but it felt right to him. He went back to the village and was a hero to all. People asked why he looked like a crow, or a plague healer, or something from beyond the stars, but he laughed and said You cannot tell, but I am very handsome under this mask. We ate boar for a week. Gerda was gone, not at any feasting, no-one missed her, who knows where she went! Her sister Merthe soon worked out that one strand of the special net could be used to make another, and another. I do not understand this either, but now Einhar loves everybody!"

He turned to the side and drained his cup, awkwardly pushing his mask back down.

"Hunt or be hunted, exile!", he laughed long and hard, ending in a silent wheeze.

Einhar dropped the cup and gently started to fold the net up, swaying as he worked. He was too drunk to complete the task, and keeled over half way through. I pillowed his head on the net and resisted the urge to peek under his mask.

"Do not worry little beast, we are friends now!", I whispered to him as he slept.

Last edited by erdelyii on Apr 8, 2019, 12:13:06 AM
Tonight we feast friends
The beasts are ripe for slaughter
There is no dessert

Hoping Einhar likes his haikus =) I NEED one of those chaos orb shirts!
We are friends now!

A Gift for Zana!

There you are, exile! Einhar has a quest for you!

While you were away from the hideout, Einhar was keeping watch. There was an odd sound coming from the study and I went to see what manner of beast had snuck in. It was no beast at all, but Zana! She had come back from an adventure and was sad. Einhar decided to write a poem about his latest hunt to lift her spirits, but when he went to read it to her, she was gone. Her diary was open on the table, and I took a peek. To keep watch.

Exile, we must cheer her up! Zana misses her father, so Einhar tries to be one for her. Today her sadness is not because of him, but neither is he here to ease her heart. You and I will do it instead.

I borrowed some of her maps for our quest. Your duty is to carry them while Einhar hunts. If you see pretty flowers, you may pick them up, but stay out of the way of my arrows.

First we go to where the rhoa are. This is the map, exile—the rhoa make their nests in the wetlands where cover is scarce, so we do not try to hide. We lure some away from the flock with these shiny rocks that reflect the sun and make them curious. We shall leave the nets in the hideout this time. For this quest, Einhar must become tough, like a father! But Einhar is not a father so leather will do.

A fine hunt, exile! I hope some of that blood is not yours. It hurts Einhar to kill beasts that could be captured to prepare for the end, but sometimes we do things that hurt us to make others hurt less. Look at these skins—tough and sturdy! Now, find us a map of a desert. Rhoa leather alone is not hard enough alone and must be combined with skins thickened under the sun to make layers as durable as steel but light enough to wear while climbing. In the desert, we kill two vultures with one arrow by hunting the rhex and stealing the bones of their quarry. He also needs a great skull to wear as a cap.

Yes! These skins are perfect, and this sun-bleached skull, too! It could withstand a bite from Farrul herself! Zana will love this! She is not hard at all, so Einhar will be hard for her instead. Why are you grinning, exile? This is a serious mission! Wipe the smirk off your face and go look for the flowers I asked for. Maybe something white. Einhar will fashion the skins and the skull into a suit in the meanwhile.

Good, good! Those flowers are—where are you going, exile? No, no, they are not for Zana. We will need them on our next hunt. Wait by the glowing stone while Einhar puts on the leathers and skull. We are done with the maps for now.

Do you remember this river, exile? It is where you and I first hunted together! Now we must hunt separately. You will not need nets for this either. Nature can seem cruel at times, but there is purpose in all things. When the wolves hunt the weakest deer, the pack becomes stronger. When you go to the ruins of the shrine to the northeast and kill every last necromancer you find, you remind them that making their pack stronger by raising what nature has reaped goes against her laws. Once you have done that, come meet Einhar in the hills along the river. There is a beautiful overlook atop a small climb. If I can make it with the skull over my mask, then you can reach it with ease.

There you are, exile. Perhaps you should have a dip in the river. You smell like you climbed out of a grave and that is not appropriate for this moment.

Do you still have the flowers? Good. Place them on that mound. Please do it quietly, with respect.

The scratches? Don't worry about them. No, the dead did not attack Einhar. I needed to carry one here. Oh, there was no danger—it was only a small one. The leathers served me well. Tiny nails and teeth could not bite through them.

Did you kill many necromancers?

Good.

That is good.

Zana will be happy to hear the families can rest easy. Tell her she does not need to be sad for the girl anymore. I held her close to my heart one last time before putting her back to sleep.

Go away now, exile. Einhar needs peace to compose a poem. A father must be tough, but being too hard makes leather break.

Today Einhar is glad he is not a father.
Last edited by Frostbites on Apr 9, 2019, 6:15:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info