ShakCentral’s Vortex Occultist: Beginner-Oriented | All Content | Budget | HC, SSF, & Console

just want to say thanks for writing up the guide
looks great will prob league start with it next league (if nothing changes :P)
good job!
"
Peter677 wrote:
just want to say thanks for writing up the guide
looks great will prob league start with it next league (if nothing changes :P)
good job!


Glad to hear it! I league-starter with this for 3.6 and it was amazing! I was CI on day 1 and into maps and I had an absolute blast.
Vortex For Dummies: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Hi thanks for build, I have a question, I'm in the end of act 3, why all these minion skills like Lord of the dead? Have I got the correct path of building link? :)
"
foolbaar wrote:
Hi thanks for build, I have a question, I'm in the end of act 3, why all these minion skills like Lord of the dead? Have I got the correct path of building link? :)


Great question, and I will add a short section in the guide explaining this. Apologies for not thinking of it before.

The minions nodes are taken because the Spiritual Aid node all the way on the left says that the player is affected by increases and decreases to minion damage. Therefore, taking minion damage nodes with Spiritual Aid gives large increases to your damage as well :)
Vortex For Dummies: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
"
"
foolbaar wrote:
Hi thanks for build, I have a question, I'm in the end of act 3, why all these minion skills like Lord of the dead? Have I got the correct path of building link? :)


Great question, and I will add a short section in the guide explaining this. Apologies for not thinking of it before.

The minions nodes are taken because the Spiritual Aid node all the way on the left says that the player is affected by increases and decreases to minion damage. Therefore, taking minion damage nodes with Spiritual Aid gives large increases to your damage as well :)


Aha, nice, thanks
How much better is investing in the Shavs version over a basic Regalia? Its a lot more expensive, especially if you tack on a presence amulet, but I'm wondering how much better it is having the extra auras.

Thanks.
"
McPumpkin wrote:
How much better is investing in the Shavs version over a basic Regalia? Its a lot more expensive, especially if you tack on a presence amulet, but I'm wondering how much better it is having the extra auras.

Thanks.


Clarity is the big one. It's been a massive QoL improvement once I swapped to LL. I would try to look for -1% Mana reserved jewels to support even a low level clarity and try it out in the normal build if you want.
Vortex For Dummies: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
I will start posting here because the old thread isn't supported anymore and I like the detail level you aim for with this guide (Though I am a fan of K.I.S.S.)

For the CI version, if you don't have minion damage on your weapon I suggest to use a skill tree looking something like this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.6.3/AAAABAMBAQFvA-4EBwbnDXwOSBEPEVAUsBV-Fy8XVBpyGyUc3B0UHU8dvh3ZHwIfGB9BIoEmiCj6KwormiymLL8vby_WM4c1uTbFN4M5mTsNPV9DVEcGSVFLrkwtTLNR-1JTUrJT1FXWVkhWSlfJWDFca13yZOdp2GobbAhtGXC7doJ9sH6hgKSCHoLHhEiIQot6jYKOPI8aj0aP-pDWknSXlZf0mFOYrZ6hnwGkBabrpwinK6jqsQW1SLcwtzi4k7jQug67_MHFw23G98gMylnNFtAf0NDRRdHk2CTZE9lb2jrbetvn34ri9-NW42LjhOha6QLrY-vu7Bjv6_DV8Yr0cfX698H56PrS_rM=

Then replace the armor flask with a Rumi's to benefit from the damage and block nodes. The damage will equal to or be better than the Spiritual Aid cluster, while gaining defensive benfits from block (wich is pretty huge in deep Delves f.ex).


Conserning mana issues, the build can run into mana problems, if you don't use Clarity it is solved by getting the mana regen enchant on boots

and taking the Arcane Will, Coldhearted Calculation and Shaper nodes, while at the same time having Arcane Surge active all the time. With these factors applying I get 110 mana regen pr. second and don't have sustain issues.

My profile is open if you want to look at gem/gear setups or import it into PoB.
[3.4] Farrul's Hybrid Blade Vortex Trickster - view-thread/2125255
[3.5] Consecrated Path Dual Nebuloch Juggernaut - view-thread/2236076
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on Apr 10, 2019, 9:33:21 AM
"
Dkodr wrote:
Spoiler
I will start posting here because the old thread isn't supported anymore and I like the detail level you aim for with this guide (Though I am a fan of K.I.S.S.)

For the CI version, if you don't have minion damage on your weapon I suggest to use a skill tree looking something like this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.6.3/AAAABAMBAQFvA-4EBwbnDXwOSBEPEVAUsBV-Fy8XVBpyGyUc3B0UHU8dvh3ZHwIfGB9BIoEmiCj6KwormiymLL8vby_WM4c1uTbFN4M5mTsNPV9DVEcGSVFLrkwtTLNR-1JTUrJT1FXWVkhWSlfJWDFca13yZOdp2GobbAhtGXC7doJ9sH6hgKSCHoLHhEiIQot6jYKOPI8aj0aP-pDWknSXlZf0mFOYrZ6hnwGkBabrpwinK6jqsQW1SLcwtzi4k7jQug67_MHFw23G98gMylnNFtAf0NDRRdHk2CTZE9lb2jrbetvn34ri9-NW42LjhOha6QLrY-vu7Bjv6_DV8Yr0cfX698H56PrS_rM=

Then replace the armor flask with a Rumi's to benefit from the damage and block nodes. The damage will equal to or be better than the Spiritual Aid cluster, while gaining defensive benfits from block (wich is pretty huge in deep Delves f.ex).


Conserning mana issues, the build can run into mana problems, if you don't use Clarity it is solved by getting the mana regen enchant on boots

and taking the Arcane Will, Coldhearted Calculation and Shaper nodes, while at the same time having Arcane Surge active all the time. With these factors applying I get 110 mana regen pr. second and don't have sustain issues.

My profile is open if you want to look at gem/gear setups or import it into PoB.



Apologies for the delay in response; my house is filled with sick people and I'm coming off of a root canal.

Thank you for the input! After doing some quick checks, I think you may be correct, and I'm planning to test this further.

The minions nodes give 84% inc damage from the tree, and assuming a 25% chance to block attack damage, your suggested tree puts me at 70% increased damage and 90% if I've blocked recently. This doesn't factor in Rumi's (although yours is slightly misleading due to being legacy), which in a temp league will provide another 10-20% while the flask is active. As I said, I'll test this out further, but given the other improvements to defenses and the 100% increased ES from shield, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Additionally, I'm planning on adding a section on good enchantments to the gearing section and will put it in my to-do list.

Thanks again for the input; it is greatly appreciated!
Vortex For Dummies: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Last edited by ShakCentral on Apr 11, 2019, 9:01:04 AM
Is there an uber elder video yet for this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info