ShakCentral’s Vortex Occultist: Beginner-Oriented | All Content | Budget | HC, SSF, & Console

"
Deese1127 wrote:
Forgive me if this is a dumb question but I'm wondering why the OoS/Frostbomb/Storm Brand gem combo? I don't see any of them used on your Shaper kill video. And the idea of using all of them is kind of daunting lol

The gems in the weapon are cast automatically whenever I use a skill; check out the weapon parts of the gear section for more.

If you watch the video again, you can see them being cast automatically whenever I use Vortex, Cold Snap, or Flame Dash. They trigger EE and help deal more damage.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
"
The gems in the weapon are cast automatically whenever I use a skill; check out the weapon parts of the gear section for more.

If you watch the video again, you can see them being cast automatically whenever I use Vortex, Cold Snap, or Flame Dash. They trigger EE and help deal more damage.

Ahh I see, I really need to start reading the guides thoroughly before asking questions! Thank you for the clarification. :P
The video says CI but is actually LL just sayin
"
"
RIP'd on first ele reflect :(

Oof. For future reference, damage over time doesn't reflect, so you can run reflect maps by dropping vortexes near packs and aggro-ing them into the dot radius.

I might keep playin it as I have a 6L Shavs on STD ... so LL it'd be

Would you make any major change on the tree to run Enf+TempChains Blasphemy(other than obviously the keystone), for the dmg to be on a 4L(+IIQ and IIR Gems) so I can fool around with MF ?
Pity the emperor who sits alone on his throne.
"
"
"

Oof. For future reference, damage over time doesn't reflect, so you can run reflect maps by dropping vortexes near packs and aggro-ing them into the dot radius.

Would you make any major change on the tree to run Enf+TempChains Blasphemy(other than obviously the keystone), for the dmg to be on a 4L(+IIQ and IIR Gems) so I can fool around with MF ?

If your damage will be on a 4L, I wouldn't spec out of too much damage. You can always take the curse effect over by the CI keystone and drop maybe a jewel or two.
"
"
"

If you check out dsfarblarwaggle on yt hes got a cold snap vortex build guide that has a pob you can grab and compare between his tree and OPs tree. I say this only because he runs enf temp chains and blasphemy
New player here. still figuring out the game but im enjoying the rush of hc. im using your pob link and it seems to be a different path and upgrades from the ones youve posted with act progression. did i miss something?
"
ReptilianEyes wrote:
New player here. still figuring out the game but im enjoying the rush of hc. im using your pob link and it seems to be a different path and upgrades from the ones youve posted with act progression. did i miss something?

The pathing is different until you switch to Chaos Innoculation. The leveling tree takes life nodes and other nodes to assist in getting to maps. At some point in a CI build, you have to use Regret Orbs or the Respec points you get during the story to back out of a lot of nodes and into the Energy Shield ones.
"
"
ReptilianEyes wrote:

The pathing is different until you switch to Chaos Innoculation. The leveling tree takes life nodes and other nodes to assist in getting to maps. At some point in a CI build, you have to use Regret Orbs or the Respec points you get during the story to back out of a lot of nodes and into the Energy Shield ones.

ah excellent, thank you. sadly i got sent to standard last night. it was my own fault, i got cocky and decided id do one of the memories around level 18. seems like theyre not worth the trouble, especially for hc runs
"
rvaHammer wrote:
The video says CI but is actually LL just sayin

Thank you for catching that; I've updated the video descriptions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info