[3.7] Absolute Zero - Shatter the Endgame (2m+ Shaper DPS 9k+ ES Tanky Worb Trickster All content)

From another Worb Guide:

"
The duration changes actually net out almost unchanged (4.2 second base for 10 stages, 4.8 for 12 vs. 4.0 second base for 10 stages and 4.8 for 12 previously), but this is a nerf to the scaling. Increased Duration Support, Potency of Will, and other sources of skill effect duration will now scale off the 1.2 second base instead of the 4.0 or 4.8 second base, making it harder to get higher duration.

Looks still viable for me, since i only used Potency of Will during Flashback and might throw in a Solstice Vigil now, depending on its price.

Besides the duration nerfs the slower firing rate isnt that tragic bc most of the time only one projectile per pack is needed.

Other nerfs include some lost cast speed from Trickster and a moved cast speed while channeling cluster in the tree.

Not sure yet what to think about the Dense Fossil changes but losing a few hundred ES shouldnt be that bad.
Yes, Winter Orb will be very viable.
However; it will probably feel a bit worse to play especially for those who played it pre 3.7.

That said, when I have time I will be revamping this guide for 3.7 including highlighting major changes (the Dense Fossil nerf being bigger than the changes to Worb itself imo), and discussing the changes.

the short version I think is that overall the ES gear for the build becomes a bit harder to get, and you lose damage from dropping bottled faith, but gain access to some powerful new tools via the historic jewels so ultimately the build will be weaker than it was but likely should be both viable and strong.
Cool, will be looking forward to the new guide
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
Alright my first 3.7 edits are done, I'm sure I missed something and will have to go back to fix it but I tried to remove legacy items (Circle of Fear, Bottled Faith) and adjust the ES #s, I have no idea if PoB's damage calculation for worb is correct or not, so please take all dps numbers as a...loose guideline.
We built almost the same tree, i just used the sovereignty wheel instead of Influence and Blast Radius.
Mana looks really sketchy with only Influence until you get an Enlighten 4 with how your PoB is set up atm.

While writing this post i tested a little bit further and thats the tree ive come up with: https://pastebin.com/N0F8P11R

Going to Sovereignty made the jewel slot over Devotion for 40 crit multi from Tempered Flesh (which i used this league as cheap unique jewel to vaal and get corrupted blood cannot be inflicted) more appealing and Divine Judgment/Faith and Steel are good as well.
Last edited by ElCatti on Jun 6, 2019, 1:52:14 PM
"
ElCatti wrote:
We built almost the same tree, i just used the sovereignty wheel instead of Influence and Blast Radius.
Mana looks really sketchy with only Influence until you get an Enlighten 4 with how your PoB is set up atm.

While writing this post i tested a little bit further and thats the tree ive come up with: https://pastebin.com/N0F8P11R

Going to Sovereignty made the jewel slot over Devotion for 40 crit multi from Tempered Flesh (which i used this league as cheap unique jewel to vaal and get corrupted blood cannot be inflicted) more appealing and Divine Judgment/Faith and Steel are good as well.

Mana is sketchy without the -mana cost crafts, totally unsustainable in fact. However with them there is no need for mana recovery as Worb costs 3 mana. So you would need >16 casts/sec to burn through your mana pool.

-----

I've gone back and forth a lot on Sovereignty, I was considering using it in my original 3.6 tree because it would let me fit an additional reservation. However, I felt it was only worthwhile if you could fit an additional aura. I wouldn't particularly advocate Tempered Flesh for 3.7 simply because there is a very strong spot for it directly above "Utmost Might" on the bottom of the tree.... so I suspect it will rise to a few ex.

If it does however remain cheap then yes you can use it as an alternative to get your Corrupted Blood immunity. I had originally done this on my Might of the Meek (which was ~40c/ea in Synth). I removed Might of the Meek / UI due to the nerfs transforming the crit cluster into accuracy.

Overall the two setups are very close, yours has a little more mana, and is 3 points less efficient requiring a total level of 98, your res is a little easier to cap. Damage is a touch lower, total ES is about the same so overall not the worst trade off although personally I think I'd prefer the higher point efficiency and having 3 extra points to play with elsewhere.
It is basically just a budget option, if i ever get a lvl 4 enlighten (5ex or so) and -9 mana on rings (1 ex to craft and i havent unveiled it a single time in flashback) i would only use the -4% rmr and use the points elsewhere.

Saying that i remember you used the chest with crafted Arcane Surge on it, without it the mana cost would go to 0, so mana is only useful for Flame Dash/Storm Brand, might not even need any rmr.
If you aren't playing SSF I suggest finding a crafter vs trying to unveil it yourself.
Looking at playing this again this league (did it in the Synthesis flashback league).

How do you interpret the "increases and reductions to cast speed also apply to projectile frequency" line on the WO gem now? It looks like we should be able to get fairly close to the old 0.8/sec shots, with the range being the primary nerf to our clear speed. Does that sound right?

Thanks for the build, it was tons of fun.
Increases and reductions always applied to the projectile frequency (although it uses a somewhat wonky formula compared to most spells).

It just wasn't clear about this on the gem before.

See this for more details: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bobqtc/winter_orb_mechanics_hit_rate_cast_speed_scaling/

Last edited by Tenkiei on Jun 7, 2019, 12:48:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info