Path of Exile: Synthesis FAQ

I don't know. I see many look like Bestiary mistake.
Maybe GGG haven't learned anything from it.
It's fine. just don't take this in the core game.

This moment this FAQ looks like a joke. :D
Last edited by lion8104 on Apr 1, 2019, 2:14:35 AM
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
But Synthesizing items is a complete disaster. The crafting mechanic only works at the highest of top end, there is no low or intermediate value to it. It's confusing as Hell. And when players do make it work, it creates ridiculously OP items that don't need to exist. It's a mess from all angles.

The more accessible crafting part of the league was supposed to be crafting directly onto promising Fractured items. But unfortunately they still haven't enabled fossil and essence crafting on fractured items, and so by now everyone's forgotten that crafting on them directly is even a thing (cos chaos spamming is still terrible). But yeah, lower end synthesizing is shit because it wasn't supposed to be a thing. They've been doing a lot in recent leagues to encourage more people, rather than just elite players, to actually craft gear - from weighted and mod-blocked crafting in Delve, to 'free' crafting from Syndicate safehouse rewards, to 'partial' crafting with Fractured items. All to reduce the fear more ordinary players have of actually using their currency, as opposed to just spending it like gold. But unfortunately they fucked up the implementation of this one by disabling essences and fossils, hopefully just due to some bug that they'd fix soon.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
JeffHopkins wrote:
What is the worst league in PoE history?
Synthesis.

Bestiary. But Synthesis is a close 2nd worst.

Not even close. Both leagues had a lot of effort put into them, and both do have their fans (Bestiary mostly as it is now, but Synthesis is liked by some already, especially post-3.6.3). But my main point is that you both are only seeing recent leagues - some of the older ones were far more phoned-in.

I'd say the worst league was and always will be Onslaught (yes, the Onslaught mod was once an entire 3-month league unto itself), simply because it added virtually nothing to the game (both Bestiary and Synthesis added quite a bit). Tho Onslaught was also very early in this game's history.

Generally speaking, I'm okay with hits and misses - it shows they're experimenting and still open to unusual ideas. It's much better than the oft-requested alternative - endless Breach leagues till the end of time. That's what would truly make me lose faith in GGG. Not because Breach was bad, but because it shows they've finally succumbed to becoming risk-averse corporate joe's.
Last edited by Exile009 on Apr 1, 2019, 1:51:15 AM
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
JeffHopkins wrote:
What is the worst league in PoE history?
Synthesis.

Not even close. Both leagues had a lot of effort put into them, and both do have their fans (Bestiary mostly as it is now, but Synthesis is liked by some already, especially post-3.6.3). But my main point is that you both are only seeing recent leagues - some of the older ones were far more phoned-in.

I'd say the worst league was and always will be Onslaught (yes, the Onslaught mod was once an entire 3-month league unto itself), simply because it added virtually nothing to the game (both Bestiary and Synthesis added quite a bit). Tho Onslaught was also very early in this game's history.

Generally speaking, I'm okay with hits and misses - it shows they're experimenting and still open to unusual ideas. It's much better than the oft-requested alternative - endless Breach leagues till the end of time. That's what would truly make me lose faith in GGG. Not because Breach was bad, but because it shows they've finally succumbed to becoming risk-averse corporate joe's.

It's not about risk or experimentation, it's about making a league that doesn't require players to alt tab and look for charts and excel sheets to know what the f they are doing.
no doubt that you try so hard to make great new features for us, but this time you go too far on the wrong way. Don't forget what is the core of this game. There are enough strategy games out there which make me scratching my head, I can even play chest with my grandpa rather than staring at the screen and thinking about who am I, where am I and what am I doing...

After all, after the huge update last week the experience of new leg become much better. But it is a great lesson to learn about how to develop new leg content in the future.
"
NexiieQT wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

It's not about risk or experimentation, it's about making a league that doesn't require players to alt tab and look for charts and excel sheets to know what the f they are doing.

You don't have to. If you just want to play the game simply, then run memories, open reward chests, fight bosses and see if any good (by traditional standards) loot drops. You can even still be successful that way. If you want to fully exploit game mechanics...yeah, pretty much every complex game has required consulting external resources to do that, from PoE to Warframe to friggin' Eve Online. And those are all successful games.

Also, the general rule for Fractured items is quite simple - save only T1 (or high roll T2) fractured mods, particularly the ones with 2 or 3 fractured mods on high ilvl and/or good bases. There are some wonky exceptions that you wouldn't expect, like light radius being an actual good mod on a bow, but by and large that simple rule should handle the vast majority of what you drop.

Also, if you decide to actually try out crafting directly on Fractured items (especially if they ever get around to re-enabling fossils and essences on them), then just keep stuff with multiple acceptable (to you) fractured mods.
Last edited by Exile009 on Apr 1, 2019, 2:16:37 AM
Left out a question:

Question: "Should I engage with league content at all?"

Answer: "Only if you really want the challenge mtx."

Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
A FAQ on synthesis halfway through the league?

Sounds to me like most players have given up on this crap league, and you guys have no more improvements planned. The last improvements did help somewhat.

Some synthesis suggestions:
-Getting rewards you want for the challenges is almost impossible, the only things spawning are armor and jewellery rewards. Allow us to right-click remove them to make a new reward node spawn. So we can manually spawn the rewards we need for the challenge. We still need to make a friggin bridge towards it and walk ALL the way there, so it does not really matter much drop-wise. (doing anything else yields better rewards anyway)

-Spawn the synthesis bosses in order, so the cortex is a set event. Do the four regular bosses first, when they are slain have a forced cortex spawn. Do this over and over, so we can actually experience this content. Also, please clarify if the cortex-spawn has a level requirrement. Something which isn't mentioned in this FAQ?! (There are challenges on the cortex, there is no reason for it to be so rare)

-Allow us to rotate bridges. Having a full queue with bridges and somewhere to go, but no suiting bridges for that direction is a major turn-off.

-Allow us to right-click any reward, modifier, boss or other synthesis nexus node and have us select the option to "automatically plan shortest path towards this memory". So we won't have to spend hours looking at how to get there and which pieces to use.

-Allow us to make incomplete bridges. Sometimes I have a piece which would fit, but does not add up to an already unfinished bridge-part. Allow us to create dead-ends.

-All the damn memories in the nexus look the same!!! There is no distinction between the rewards, modifiers and boss memories. Making us spend alot of time looking at which is which. Even worse, a new one spawned... where the hell is it and what is it??!?! (This is honestly one of my top frustrations right now)

-Allow us to have zana with us to stash and sell, sort of like alva does in the temple, but with functionality. Since quite often it is unclear if going to town works or not. I've had occassions where it didn't.

-Dying in a boss fight and accidently clicking go to town when you have not made a portal.... you are screwed, the boss is now unreachable.

-Allow us to right-click and remove decayed nodes.

-Remove decay from bridge-parts in the nexus completely. There is no reason for it to be there at all. Oh hey, you made a huge bridge towards the modifier, and have set it there... but you can't use it anyways, since the bridge is decaying and you just have to rush to the other side.

-Clearing bridge-parts for fun is basically a no-go. A dc, full inventory and decay are against this.

-There are still quite a few in-map memories where the decay surrounds you within a few seconds. This especially happens in narrow corridor maps and you happen to choose the wrong way to go at the start. Check which in-map memories are left by players within 10 seconds and fix them.

These are just some improvements I can come up with, some of which would really really help.

I'm trying to complete my challenges while trying to stay away from the frustration that is synthesis as much as I can. Hopefully we can get some more improvements like I mentioned above, asap. If you guys hadn't made those cool wings at 36 challenges I wouldn't even have logged in after trying this league.

Love the game, but this league is just... ARGH.
Last edited by sarannah101 on Apr 1, 2019, 2:55:22 AM
Lul Guys check every third capital letter in the post. Nice one Bex.

Also this FAQ is only a month late. Like everything in this league.
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on Apr 1, 2019, 2:46:47 AM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
Kaltroh wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We do plan to reshuffle the atlas every expansion. I've spoken to the team about how this can be inconvenient for Standard players. I don't have anything to announce about this at the moment but I've made sure the issue is on their radar. Our apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Any update?????

Here's another quote from me from earlier today.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Sorry we haven't spoken about this yet! We don't have a solution mapped up for this but you can trust that the subject has been raised within the team any times in the last few weeks. I have personally brought it up on several occasions. While we don't have a solution to announce yet we are committed to improving this situation in time for 3.7.0.

Oh, "cool." At this rate and with my schedule it'll only take me about another 30 days to run clear out the rest of my leftover 3.5 Maps taking up Tab 9 of my stash, if my progress doesn't slow down, so I might still have a chance to run a few of the WFTA maps I got from guildmates or some of 3.6's, and at least have a tab free to move all my 3.6 maps into.

If you're gonna reshuffle the Atlas every expansion you REALLY ought to fix the functionality of the map tabs so they can hold more than one expansion's maps FFS.
Awakened Combustion Support when?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info