[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

"
TechnoOski wrote:
Hi :)

i have problems with red maps. i do no damage... :/

Can someone have a look on my character (PowPowPowski) and tell me why i am struggling? i know that im not fully equipped but it shouldnt be such a problem. What woul be upgrades that my charachter would benefit from?

PS: sorry for my english :)

A 6L will help your damage a lot :)

Also a level 21 Vortex.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jan 18, 2020, 12:59:41 PM
Hey,

does anybody see some quick improvements on my char (Rickstor)
I think that i have enough Res at this point. Switched some stuff in the Skill tree and it feels really good right now.
Would appreciate every tipp. Its my first league but im proud of my progress so far.
First of all, I would remove the super inefficient Void barrier pathing from your tree (5 points) to take Faith and Steel instead. You only lose a bit of evasion and 3% ES in the process, but you save 2 skill points which I would immediately invest to get near to Prodigal Perfection. That node gives a lot of damage and with this little change you would only need to level up to 94 to get it.

I would also completely remove the mana jewel socket between Chaos inoculation and Essence Surge (3 points saved) to get Ash, Frost and Storm. You get some damage, extra resistances and if you use

in place of Mark of the Shaper in the left slot you can do elemental reflect maps super safely without switching your minor Pantheon.

Another thing which comes to my mind is that you used the wrong catalyst on Mark of the Shaper. You boosted the elemental damage on it which only affects its implicit modifier, you should use the imbued catalyst on it instead to maximize the spell damage value.

Apart from these "quick" things, you should work to get, in this order:

1. Corrupted 21/20 Vortex and Cold Snap
2. 30%-35% movement speed boots
3. -9% cold fossil crafted helmet (ideally with a Vortex enchantment, but it makes the price of the item skyrocket), you can craft it yourself spamming dense + frigid fossils on a high ilvl ES shaped base like Hubris Circlet.

These upgrades are still in the realm of "expensive, but not super expensive".

After these changes, things become a lot more pricy.

Reflection + Legacy combo.
Malevolence Aul's (or rare amulet with +1 to cold and / or intelligence skills).
Better wand.
Better body armour (with Arcane Surge support).
Better gloves (new guardians influence modifiers can grant insane results like culling strike + cold damage over time multi on high ES bases like Fingerless silk or Sorcerer gloves but it's very difficult / expensive to get a very good outcome).

Enjoy!
Last edited by djnat on Jan 18, 2020, 4:44:02 PM
Oh wow that is a lot, but thank you so much for all of that.
I will try to implement those parts into my build.

Its crazy how much there is to crafting and optimizing in this game.

Thank you!
anyone tried with explode mod in chest?
"
mil0z wrote:
anyone tried with explode mod in chest?

Back in Synthesis I did this. Chest mod is same thing. Use Hatred and get as much aura effect as you can afford to. Be amazed. :D
Hey guys,

Any feedback about the build from HC players ? Just picked up the build. First time playing CI in HC and I don't feel confident at all about going CI at 5k ES. When did you guys transition ?
Is Brine King enough for stun avoidance ? I'm thinking Chayula for early mapping.
Another thing is ES recovery. Maybe Wicked ward is a decent option ? Haven't tested it out yet. Ofc, ball lightning+es on hit is amazing (i use that on my Mjolner) but it's not cheap either. Another option would be spinneret+spider craft but that might be over shooting it for a CWDT setup.
Smoke mine + shield charge with fortify is a decent layer of defense but it might not be enough later on.
I'm lvl 52 right now.

Last edited by Bubonlubrique on Jan 20, 2020, 6:52:53 AM
Having a whole lot of fun with this build. Started out using a 6L Briskwrap I found (heh) but eventually decided a 5L Vaal Regalia with 595 ES was necessary for survivability. If I ever get a 6L again I'll be golden. A few notes on how I've been playing this build in SSF:

Key items are a redeemer ring with frostbite on hit, Vaal cold snap gloves crafted with Essence of Delirium for 30% more damage over time (and +1 level to AoE gems from veiled enchant), and boots with 80% chance to avoid being frozen (I find freezes are a big problem with this build without some kind of immunity). Also crystal belt with dense fossil affix that gives 20-30% extra ES from body armor. For a wand I used alt spam and ended up with t2 cold dot multiplier along with t1 regular dot multiplier.

The top oils are hard to come by in SSF, so for a mid-tier anointment I've been using Arcane Guarding, which offers a nice boost for both offense and defense. One idea for additions to the guide might be suggestions for viable anointments short of endgame.

I find shield charge is not reliable enough for movement, particularly in emergencies, so what I use is both shield charge + fortify and flame dash + arcane surge and pretty much use them both situationally. Under normal conditions it's not hard to keep both buffs up.

My only gripe is that I still haven't found Sibyl's Lament (that's SSF for you) and ele reflect maps go really slow if I attempt them at all. But that's still only a minor problem.
how you get onslaught from brutal restraint jewel?
"
mil0z wrote:
how you get onslaught from brutal restraint jewel?

It's one of the mods that can appear on a noteable within the radius.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info